[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GameStop launches full publishing division
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Gamestop.jpg (49 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Gamestop.jpg
49 KB, 630x420
>The firm has signed new games from well-known independent studios including Ready at Dawn (The Order: 1886), Tequila Works (Deadlite, Rime) and Frozenbyte (Trine). The company also announced in March it was working with Insomniac (Ratchet and Clank) on a new game called Song of the Deep, which is due in the summer, but at the time the firm said this was a one-off project.

>In total, the company intends to launch between five and ten games every year.

>"When Netflix was going to move into doing original series, they signed up pretty hardcore directors and impressive screenplays. We are taking a parallel approach."

FUCKING GAMESTOP

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/gamestop-launches-full-publishing-division-and-signs-ready-at-dawn-insomniac-frozenbyte-and-tequila-works/0165604
>>
File: 1437369081622.jpg (64 KB, 538x482) Image search: [Google]
1437369081622.jpg
64 KB, 538x482
Fucking kek
Nice list of shitty devs they collected.
>>
>Gamestop taking on a bunch of devs who made nothing but flops (insomniac excluded), and at least one that scammed Sony out of millions before being told to fuck off.

Keep in mind this is coming right after their investors meeting where they said everything at retail is totally fine and isn't crashing thanks to digital.
>>
File: Holy Shit.png (149 KB, 586x1953) Image search: [Google]
Holy Shit.png
149 KB, 586x1953
>>334695569

>Tequilaworks and Ready At Dawn are now bad
>Even when The Order reviews were supposedly a conspiracy paid off by M$ to make the game look bad

K E K
>>
File: 1437468245974.gif (2 MB, 260x264) Image search: [Google]
1437468245974.gif
2 MB, 260x264
>>334695669
What the fuck even is that pic? Holy shit.
>>
>>334695669
>believing your own conspiracy theory so hard that you post it to /v/
>expecting not to be called an autist
you're fucking delusional
>>
Makes me pretty indifferent, just another publisher that I doubt will do much anything special except more gamestop-only pre-order junk.

Not like they can go physical-only to boost their own stores since MS and Sony are enforcing digital releases nowadays.
>>
>>334695431
And just the other day, I was thinking that the industry really needed another publisher to shake things up. Holy shit.
>>
>>334695569
>and at least one that scammed Sony out of millions before being told to fuck off.
Who do you mean? Because I don't think Sony is retarded enough to give someone millions in advance without securing ownership of the property and taking full control.

If you mean Ready At Dawn and The Order, you can blame Shu Yoshida. He is a retarded neo-gamer who has a hard-on for interactive movies like Until Dawn, Uncharted & Co. and he alone is responsible for the push of Cinematiqùe Experiencé™ and the promotion of that failed Hollywood director hack David Cage within the company. He was certain that The Order would be the next big hit.
But saying that they scammed Sony out of millions is wrong. The game was finished, it just sucked shitdick.
>>
>>334696461
This was announced a while ago with Song of the Deep...
>>
I'll be buying the Insomniac and Ready at Dawn games and possibly Rime.

Ready at Dawn is a great developer you fucking shitposters.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 640x472
>Ready at Dawn

HAHAHAHHA
>>
>Ready at Dawn
Pretty good. They are basically pulling an EA. Buying multiple companies for one aspect (graphics) and putting them all together in one flagship title, unlike EA.
>>
SOMEONE WAKE ME THE FUCK UP AND KICK ME OFF THIS RIDE
>>
>>334695431
>game store
>game publisher
>owned by the same company

Yeah, I don't see a conflict of interest here at all.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.