[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any opinions on Dragonball Xenoverse? I'm not sure if should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 415616168.jpg (148 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
415616168.jpg
148 KB, 638x359
Any opinions on Dragonball Xenoverse?
I'm not sure if should buy it or not
>>
>>334689631
It's not as good as raging blast 2, but it's decent, if you like the show you'll like the game.
>>
>>334689631
Pretty graphics, bland gameplay that works for the first 10 maybe 20 or so hours if you're easily excitable. Character variety doesn't mean shit if they all play the same way and it all comes down to stats to determine who wins. Also grinding, ridiculous grinding. You want a character specific move for your OC? Have fun grinding the same mission an infinite amount of times until the move with a 0.000001% of dropping actually drops. Pirate it and don't look back.
>>
File: well fuck.jpg (133 KB, 1280x985) Image search: [Google]
well fuck.jpg
133 KB, 1280x985
It's fun but the SP requires a lot of grinding the same fights over and over and as far as I can tell the MP is dead. At least I've not managed to get an online game in a long time.
>>
>>334690005
can somebody confirm this?

>>334690009
pirating is not an option for me, i have a unmodded 360

better get raging blast 2 then?
>>
>>334690403
It's not bad, but it's also really easy and repetitive. Saiyan class trivialises every battle.

Also the clothing/Skill/item drop rates seem to be completely broken. As in, Monster Hunter rare drop rates rare.

It's worth at least trying if you like DBZ though, plus it's pretty neat making your own fighter.
>>
If you're looking for a collect-a-thon dungeon crawler with some RPG elements such as leveling, then you'll love it. Creating characters sure is fun and playing online with friends is great.

If you're looking for a fightan gaem, then it's not for you. Literally broken as fuck.
>>
IMO it's the best console DBZ game since burst limit, better then both the raging blast games and far, far, far better them ultmate tenkachi and battle of Z.

It's very grindy, though.

In any case as long as they don'y fuck up the sequels xenoverse 2 or 3 could easily be on par with budokai or tenkaichi 3.

>>334690010
What platform are you on? i'm on PC I haven't been able to play it in a long time due to GPU issues and I never really got the chance to play vs online, i'd be pretty sad if it's that dead now.

>>334690403
You know xenoverse is on PC too right?
>>
>>334692209
I wish I could play it on my PC but my machine is a toaster
>>
>>334692763
Xenoverse runs on toasters
It literally takes like 200MB VRAM
>>
File: speccy.png (127 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
127 KB, 1920x1080
>>334692763
How much of a toaster? It ran at like 80fps on max settings on pic related.
>>
>>334693030
actually it's laptop toaster with 4 gig ram, some amd dual core processor, i will pirate it and see if it runs
>>
Cell is best master.

>I would totally hug you! If that was...at thing I did
>>
Its a fairly competent game, better than some DB games, not as good as others.

I really recommend playing as a human with balanced stats. You passively regen ki, have one of the best basic combos in the game, and you'll be able to mix it up between melee specials and beam specials. This is important since in some fights, certain specials are a huge help (like blue hurricane which scales off of strength in any multiple super saiyan battle). Also, you'll be able to unlock skills/gear that you can use on your other alts later.

People love the beam attacks, but some melee skills are god tier, like recoome kick. Even the starting melee skill (orin combo? The one that is a flurry of kicks and punches that will stun lock anything) is awesome later.
>>
>>334689631
if you enjoyed any of the budoki tenkaichi games then you'll enjoy it. if you can find it for around $25 and a dragon ball z fan then you should go for it. though the online is not as active as it was on release of course but its still fun without online
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.