[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good RPG PvE's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: dc3a8e6d4e5a4.png (604 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
dc3a8e6d4e5a4.png
604 KB, 768x432
Hi guys,

my roomate got so bored of his steam account he started playing browser games. I'm willing to offer him playing good RPG PvE game, what would be best for two player CO-OP?
>>
>>334687536

Divinity: Original Sin ?
>>
Dark souls?
>>
pretend
>>
Is sex better than videogames?
>>
>>334688006
Looks like what I'm looking for - is game hardcore?
>>
>>334688063
Was thinking about it, but have never tried it, also has a reputation of being very hardcore. also DSIII got some issues with servers (if media is right).
>>
>>334688105
If that were the case, why would anybody play video games?
>>
>>334688106

If by hardcore you mean it doesn't hold your hand then yes absolutely.
>>
>>334688105
Sex is not better than video games, games aren't better than sex either.
Best thing is having sex while trying to play video games.
>>
>>334688239
I'm willing to have some decent challenge, but not some grinding shit.
>>
>>334688263
>games aren't better than sex
get good
>>
File: Path of Exile.jpg (27 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Path of Exile.jpg
27 KB, 375x523
>>334687536
Not PoE, for one. That game is built entirely around minmaxing faggotry, requiring lots of personal research. Co-oping is useless and boring, the fun of the game comes from theorycrafting (and what kind of nerd theorycrafts with friends?)
>>
>>334688403
You're saying it's only worth playing solo and after some deep research of the game?
>>
File: 7QeaYe4.jpg (1 MB, 3965x3715) Image search: [Google]
7QeaYe4.jpg
1 MB, 3965x3715
>>334688572
Absolutely, this is the autist's diablo. It's fun once you get into things, but it's not something you play casually. For co-op RPGs in general, I find diablo and its derivatives are not good. You might want to look elsewhere.
>>
>>334688797
>fucking DIABLO
>not good for CO-OP
what the shit are you talking about, the only one that isn't isn't a real Diablo, the first two titles are amazing for local CO-OP.
>>
>>334688797
I'm literally playing through it casually right now. I'm enjoying the setting.
>>
>>334688239
It's not about holding your hand or not holding it. It has the same mechanics not just for every boss, but for every enemy in game - roll, roll, roll, poke bad guy in the ass ONCE, repeat. That is literally what Dark Souls is all about.

Every boss fight is a tedious rape, which requires nothing else but learning all the respective boss' moves, dodging all of them with absolute accuracy and not getting hit even once, because literally 95% of the games enemies are able to one shot you. All of that seasoned with horribly clunky combat mechanics and unresponsive controls.

The gaphics are like looking into the grainy texture of a sidewalk and the story... there is literally NO STORY IN THE GAME. You can play 1, 2, 3 for several playthroughs each you and you would still have no fucking idea what's goin on.
>>
>>334689168
Actually I kind of lied. That's how I played it at first, just casually building whatever seemed fun at the moment and basking in on the cool lore.
What I mean is end-game, of course. You can complete the game and see most of its content by doing literally anything you want, but all the core players care about is how far into end-game you can take a build.
It's still not great for co-op though, because of the million lore items and shit scattered everywhere it's much better to play at your own pace, rather than having someone else breathing down you neck.
>>
>>334688797
>>334688914
>>334689168
Well got a bit confused - so PoE is a good game for both casual players and autist weirdos? I would like to try it together, if it works for both me and my roomate, would just love to spend some weekends on it.
>>
>>334689514
It's fun, but only if you're a casual 'or' a numbers autist. The casual can just complete the game's first difficulty (like all the other diablo clones the game has "difficulties" sort of like NG+ where you play the same areas again with more difficult enemies) and have a good time then never think about it again, while the autist will find a gigantic sea of little numbers he can minmax to his heart's content. Anything in between will only manage to get you frustrated, because finishing the game once is incredibly easy while getting to end-game is ball-busting hard. If you want to do or even get to the true end-game, you HAVE to have a super efficient and well-thought out build, with specific items and passives and strategies.
>>
>>334689412
He was asking about Divinity: Original Sin...

>>334689514
It's a free game, so just try it?
>>
>>334689753
Forgot to add: you and your mate can definitely spend some nights playing it for sure. Just don't expect the sky and have fun.
>>
>>334689786
Oh, yeah, sorry about that.

And if any of you guys can actually guess what game I described in 334689412, that means I'm right.
>>
>>334690187
Dark Souls, you mentioned it in your post. how high are you right now?
>>
>>334690187
>And if any of you guys can actually guess what game I described in 334689412
You actually mentioned its name!
>>
>>334689786
>>334689818
Thanks for comments guys, I will try it :) Really appreciated!
>>
>>334687536
NWN modules, Titan Quest, Divinity OS EE.
>>
>>334687536
neverwinter night 1 and 2
>>
>>334689412
Sounds like a game for sadomasochists... (O.o)
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.