[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What single player games are good at conveying a sense of progression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1442785677849.gif (410 KB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
1442785677849.gif
410 KB, 640x384
What single player games are good at conveying a sense of progression?
>>
>>334685847
source on that GIF?
>>
>>334686173
Some old SNK made fighter

>>334685847
Personal progression or character progression?
>>
>>334686173
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Morrowind
>>
>>334686173
Looks like Garou: Mark of the Wolves stage. Or KoF or something.
>>
Not a soulsfag but I must say DaS2 does it brilliantly.
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles, because there's multiple points ingame where you can see far into the horizon and look at where you're going and/or where you came from and get a real sense of scale for the world.

Also Super Metroid because of how easy navigation becomes with each new upgrades and how you get used to the map layout and can easily orient yourself as you progress.
>>
>>334686317
Narrative progression is probably the best way to define it. And I don't specifically mean super-plot heavy games but anything where you have a clear beginning and an end, so anything from Sonic the Hedgehog to Metal Gear Solid 4.
>>
>>334685847
Mirrors Edge
Every "ability" is unlocked from the start and you the player gets better.
>>
>>334686368
The first Dark Souls does it way better
Traveling across the world using your foot, you have to make a mind map of the game and you progress on the way since you can level at each bonfire, allowing you to be more powerful as you gain more knowledge as a player.
>>
>>334685847
Call of juarez: Gunslinger
Shadow of Mordor
>>
>>334685847
Half life. I played it for the first time a couple years ago and it does that the best.
>>
Harvest Moon and Rune Factory
>>
File: 1460967428848.jpg (29 KB, 300x260) Image search: [Google]
1460967428848.jpg
29 KB, 300x260
>Sweet background
>Think it's from some great point and click game I never played before
>It's yet another fighting game
What a waste of art
>>
Gothic 1 and 2
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.