[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I beat them bros? I get to the fire part and then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6
File: abysswatchers.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
abysswatchers.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
Why can't I beat them bros? I get to the fire part and then can only get him to half health. Is there some secret technique I'm missing here?
>>
>>334681793
he's just hard.
>>
Yes Rolling
>>
Get good, or cheese with a phantom.

Jw can be parried, riposted, backstapped, and staggered. In case you didnt know, hold r2 to charge a stronk attack after a parry or riposte
>>
Time to work on your dodges, Anon.

He really isn't a hard boss once you learn his moveset.

Wait till you reach Pontiff or Dancer.
>>
anyone wanna trade something of mine for a CKGS? ive been farming for hours for one and i havnt had any luck
>>
>>334681793
develop an evasion strategy for every move he has
>>
>>334681940
>hold r2 to charge a stronk attack after a parry or riposte
Does that do more damage than a back/front stab?
>>
>>334681793
Find more estus shards, upgrade your flask, cheese his first stage by walking around the room and letting the spawns kill him, then just keep rolling in his second stage until you find an opening to strike, repeat as infinitum until he's dead.
>>
roll, wail on him, roll, wail on him. easy
>>
>>334682150
It does not, but it does more damage than a normal strong attack, and us literally free damage
>>
File: bigguysonly.jpg (183 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
bigguysonly.jpg
183 KB, 600x700
OP here, do greatshields help?
>>
>>334681793
>Endless combos with super large aoes that leaves the floor burning, hurts you when you step on it
Why is this allowed
>>
>>334682258
Oh. But then after a parry, frontstab would still be better, yes?
>>
use a fast weapon and you can just mash
>>
>>334682393
Wait until you fight fucking aldrich, bullshit fucking boss
>>
>>334682342
Just roll and 2hand your weapon.
During the fight I kept my distance and waited for his dash forward move. Then I rolled right and hit him. Repeat. Win. Careful for his dash-spin move.
>>
File: 1440834785854.gif (61 KB, 300x351) Image search: [Google]
1440834785854.gif
61 KB, 300x351
So to get Lord of Hollows ending, what the fuck am I supposed to with Anri and Horace? Do I have to kill Horace before or after Wolnir boss? Many guides in gaming sites say different things.
>>
>>334681793
Get a +3 Greatsword - time the two handed fully charge strong attack and itll break his poise - even if you take a hit of damage you should be able to trade as long as you have decent health - you should be able to figure out how to time it so you don't have to though
>>
Backpedal in a big circle and wait for certain attacks that let you get a free hit in and repeat. It's the last resort to any souls boss.
>>
>>334682342
Only if it has decent fire mitigation. Keep in mind that the Dragon Crest Shield is in the game and acquirable before abyss watchers.
>>
>>334682430
Yeah, parry->riposte(front stab)->charge up strong attack while they're recovering->hit them with it immediately after their i frames emd
>>
>>334681954

Pontiff and Dancer ain't shit compared to Champion Gundyr
>>
>Cheesed him and Aldtrich
>Feel like fighting him fairly again
fug
>>
>>334682516

The only thing you shouldn't do is tell Anri where Horace is. If you do then Anri will die guaranteed.
>>
>>334682645
Seriously?

I solo'd him my first try.

He was a fun bossfight, but nothing about him was difficult with his insanely telegraphed attacks and long recovery time
>>
>>334682645
champ is literally the easiest boss to parry with pontiff being 2nd
>>
>>334682812
>>334682826

He was literally the only boss that took more than 2 attempts for me. I dunno, I just could not get his timing down at all. Maybe I've been awake for too long.
>>
>>334682393
It's the same as phase 3 of Maria
>>
>>334682713
But its pretty much impossible to even meet Horace, before talking twice to Anri. Isnt Horace in that Lake all that time already?
>>
>>334682487
same worked for me.
>>
>>334682949

At that point yes. But it is possible to just ignore Anri and go straight to Horace.
>>
>>334681793
I had an easier time with the fire part. If you're bad at dodging, the black knight shield can tank his hits pretty well. That plus Dark Sword stunlocking worked for me.
>>
>>334681793
Dodge backwards
>>
>>334682949
>>334683052
I didn't even notice her up there by the bridge until after I killed Horace because I was backtracking back to the big skele boss.

I had a hard time talking to her because all the small skeles would get up for a great big boner gangbang on my way to her until one time they decided just not to get up.

I still have no idea what was different that time.
>>
>>334681793
Bait him into his charge attack, the easiest to dodge, and hitstun the shit out of him.
>>
>>334683238

I'm pretty sure the skeletons only activate if you start to approach the bridge. If I stuck to the wall they would stay down, but when I walked across the bridge while backtracking they activated.
>>
>>334683339
I stuck to the side and all the side skeles started getting up.

The one time they didn't, I just said fuck it and walked right through the middle.
>>
>>334683401
I figured I'd add on, one time prior to that I went through the middle, and they all got up anyway. So I still really don't know what was different.
>>
>>334681793
I beat him stoned. Maybe give that a try. It relaxes me and makes my input smoother.
>>
>>334683116
Me too. Too often I'd get blindsided by some add that spawned and get comboed.
>>
>>334681793
>Took a while to beat him but finally did it
>Having way more trouble surviving Pontiff knight regular enemies
Seriously fuck these guys
>>
>>334683462
I beat him on my first try while I was stoned too. Not feeling any pressure really does help you fighting the bosses.
>>
>>334683982
The knights weren't too bad, but fuck those torturers (jailers?) in the fucking dungeons.
>>
>>334683982
Pontiff knights are really easy once you start going for kicks as soon as you approach them, and then riposte them.
>>
>>334684097
No joke, I had just woken up and decided to play. I finally got the 3rd fire right away and walked in there. I got him on my second try after smoking a few bowls.

Currently I just got to High lord Wolnir and he's killed me once so far. I'm doing real shit damage to him.
>>
>>334684212
Attack his bracelets, its an easy fight
>>
>>334684281
I got one shotted by the miasma that he spews, I didn't realize it covered almost the whole arena.

I'll get back on tomorrow and try again.
>>
>>334684179
Not him, but I never get the riposte timings right. I kick them, I'm already close enough for standing vaginal sex, but when I attack my guy just does a normal attack. It doesn't matter if I do it right away or if I wait a little bit.

I'm not quite sure what the timings are. I also have a hard time with parries for the same reason.
>>
>>334684212
Wolnir is a cakewalk once you learn to aim for the golden rings on his hands. To be honest I think they really made a couple bosses too gimmicky by giving them specific area you have to target to deal tremendous amount of damage. Once you know the areas it makes fighting the bosses in NG+ and beyond meaningless. It also doesn't feel like I really beat the boss.
>>
Abyss watchers was piss easy, you can even parry and backstab them. I seriously cannot comprehend anyone having trouble with this.
>>
>>334684390
I think it's just his rib area, can't get too close
>>
>>334684431
Good to know, i'll check that out.
>>334684443
I was like 15 feet from his arms and he spewed it over the center of the arena, pretty far from his ribs.
>>
>>334684443
There's that, but he also vomits it out every once and a while. It spreads outward from his mouth, though, so if you're close to his hands, there's a good chance the spread won't get you.
>>
>>334684396
I had the exact same issue. The solution that I found was that you have to flick the left stick up and press R1 instead of moving it up and pressing R1.
>>
>people are having trouble with big skeleton man
>they don't consider hitting the big ass lit up bracelets
Is this the crowd video gaming faces today?
>>
>>334684560
Wait, you mean for kicking or the actual riposte? I can kick fine, but my guy never does the riposte animation when I attack afterwards.
>>
>>334684568
People don't like solving problems or just trying things out in general in video games because that's hard and not fun and requires thinking.
>>
>>334684568
I think this says more about the current state of games than anything else. Most games nowadays hold your hand at every step of the way and really don't expect you to figure things out on your own. This is a big reason Dark Souls became increasingly popular in the first place.
>>
>>334682826
If you parry bosses you are a bitch.

Parrying bosses is every bit as casual as co-op is.
>>
>>334681793
I actually got fucking pissed at this fight because of the framerate drops that made it quite unplayable.

Granted my PC isn't a war machine but I get constant 40-50 fps on low but dropped to 10-15 during phase 2.

Managed to beat it after nearly a dozen of tries but it completely ruined the experience for me
>>
>>334684845
if you play ds you are a bitch

playing ds is every bit as casual as cod is
>>
>>334684097
Also beat these guys stoned. It might help with bosses but going into exploration phases after smoking just gives me headaches, I just can't figure out where I'm going anymore probably because the level design is pretty incredible
>>
>>334685042
If you play games you are a bitch

Playing games is every bit as casual as being a virgin after 20.
>>
>>334681793
Was the first boss that I had to die repeatedly until I got all of his moves down. Was playing with 10 vigor and 2-handing so there was barely any room for error.
Git good with rolling, otherwise Pontiff and Dancer will anally ravage you.

Or you could become a big fucking pussy plebian and cheese with a shield. Tried it a few times and the game becomes comically braindead to play.
>>
>>334685125
>Or you could become a big fucking pussy plebian and cheese with a shield. Tried it a few times and the game becomes comically braindead to play.
>2h starting longsword
>enemies get stunlocked so they cant attack back
>fucking bosses get stunlocked
literally just spam r1
>>
>>334685125
By cheesing with a shield do you mean using it?
>>
Can I parry him in fire modo?
>>
>>334685362
OP here also wondering this.

Failing to parry sounds like instant death and I'm having near half a heart attack fighting this guy as it is.
>>
>>334685125
>pressing circle takes more skill than pressing L1
you can't just hold your shield up on bosses
>>
>>334685362
Yes but you'll still take some damage unless your shield has 100 in the fire resist stat.

I don't advise using a shield for phase two. I used one for phase one to make sure I wouldn't waste all my estus on that shit then switched two-handed. Only way I managed to beat it was standing at a distance and chain roll until he drops his (easily dodgeable) jumping attack which leaves an opening for 2-3 hits. Rince and repeat until death
>>
>get that ring that boost rolling invicibility
>still get hit and die even faster

Looks like I'm forever using shield in other hand.
>>
>>334682342
Nothing helps until you practice with it.
>>
OP here these guys are literally the fourth boss I am facing. Am I fighting them too early? It's been 3 days of trying at this point.
>>
File: 12312341234.jpg (713 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
12312341234.jpg
713 KB, 900x900
is the target shield / buckler still the best way to parry straight sword R1 spamming fags? or should I just go for a parrying dagger?
>>
>>334686148
You can do Crystal Sage + Cathedral of the Deep first but after that you're pretty much forced to fight the Abyss Watchers.

They're really not that hard, on the second phase, just wait until he does anything that ends with the jump spin attack, dodge it then attack or backstab, repeat.
>>
Remember to dodge to the left so you dont get hit on the end of your roll by active frames
>>
>>334681793
My technique was to keep a distance and only hit when he smashes the ground, cause that's about the only attack without any followup

I am currently stuck at the pontiff though, but I haven't tried that technique yet
>>
this fight was fun
>>
>>334681954
i found them easier than him t.b.h
>>
>>334681793
>fast weapon
abyss watchers are easier than a single darkwraith
>slow weapon
hard
>>
>>334682475
aldrich is piss easy senpai
>>
>>334681793
dodge to his left (so right for you)
I figured it out my second try and beat him using only one estus flask on my third.
>>
this fking boss with my pseudo tank i died more than 12 times , second playtrough with a pyro is a joke 1st try didnt touch me ,well all bosses so far with pyro are easy
>>
Take example on pewdiepie or dsp
>>
>>334684568
it's even written on the floor before fighting him
>>
>>334681793
Use a shield, if he attacks with his dagger it'll bounce off and he'll get stunned for a second while you lose only a tiny portion of your stamina, you can then empty your entire stamina meter into him since he gets stunlocked easily. That'll get you through the first half with no damage, second half you can either dodge or use a fireproof shield, there's one in farron keep, up the tower near the dead dragon.

Those two darkwraiths near the bonfire were so much harder than this fight.
>>
>>334682826
Wait you can parry pontiff?
>>
>>334688068
Yeah get a buckler or equivalent and he becomes a low tier boss
>>
>>334681793
did you try rolling?

>roll
>roll
>attack

^ dark souls pro tip
>>
>>334681793
beat him after 5 tries. git gud.
>>
>Unable to beat a boss that has no stagger resistance and can be backstabbed
Literally just give up and ask for a refund. You'll never complete the game if you're having trouble with a boss that's easier than the tutorial boss.
>>
File: champion_gundyr_trophy.png (28 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
champion_gundyr_trophy.png
28 KB, 240x240
He's too fucking FAST. His first form is easy as fuck but once he turns to his shitty red eyes he won't stop fucking attacking. And there's no point in even trying to run because he'll catch up to you and combo you to death. One fucked up dodge and you're fucking dead.

JUST FUCK MY GAME UP
>>
>>334688870
Definitely the hardest boss for me. The most frustrating thing is that there really is no real gimmicks involved or way of cheesing the fight. You either git gud or put down the game.
>>
File: 1460544346410.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1460544346410.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>334686423
>roll a pyro for second run
>early invader faggot tries parrying my r1 spam
>he think he slick but i know it's coming cause he's spammed parry like 5 times already
>C O M B U S T I O N
>keeps trying to work parries into his attacks
>repeat til he runs out of estus and black crystals
>>
>>334686148
It depends mainly on the weapon you are using. There are easy weapons and harder ones. My twinblades can't stunlock at all and I was forced to play safe and avoid being greedy to beat them. I could hit twice, because the third hit was a frametrap.

If you have a 2H strength weapon, it is mainly a distance thing. Roll if you can, or use a good fire shield (the dragon crest one for example) and a good armor to avoid being staggered.
Don't give up and it will eventually pay off.
>>
Patch just hit with some "adjustments"
>>
I beat him on the first try, just block his dumb anime attack and backstab, then follow up with a charge when he gets up then spam R1.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.