[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are amiibos worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Are amiibos worth it?
>>
If they have aesthetic value to you, like that yarn yoshi looks great, and it's a character you can't get a figure of any other way. Nintendo's not unlocking any gameplay potential with them though.
>>
>>334673285
Yeah. My inner manchild likes them. The wolf link one came with twilight princess HD but I went out of my way to buy the yarn yoshi. The effects of the two seem minimal but it appeals to my inner manchild I guess. I'm pretty new to the Wii U so I'm just curious to see if they have any real value in game or if they're mainly good as just collectibles.
>>
>>334672901
waste of money that could be spent on video games
>>
>>334672901
You must be at least 18 years old to post here
>>
>>334672901
Only Yarn Yoshi.
>>
If you like collecting them sure, but if you just want to unlock gameplay stuff locked with the amiibos, buy a n2elite. Basically a NFC storage device where you can make it pretend to be various amiibos.
>>
>>334674082
Yarn yoshi is my nigga. I actually went to four different stores to find one

>tfw the mega yarn yoshi was $40 and I wasn't willing to drop the cash on it.
>>
Not really, they look nice most of the time, but you most likely won't get much use out of them.
>>
>>334674134
I like to collect but that product sounds sweet! Link?
>>
>>334672901
Only the more useful ones
>>
>>334674280
Google it, you child
>>
>>>/toy/
>>
>>334672901
No, but buy them anyways
>>
>>334675397
This. Give Nintendo your jewgolds.
>>
I bought a Link for the spinner in HW.
No.
>>
>>334672901

the Smash ones look terrible, but the rest are adequate quality.
>>
NO.
>>
>>334675570
Why not?
>>
>>334675738
I bought 25 of them and opened them and entirely regret the purchase months later
>>
>>334672901
only got charizard. the most useless amiibo. didnt get it for the dlc/unlocks. used him for smash twice
>>
they look like shit. why buy those when you can buy figmas? the difference in price? it's worth it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.