[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: YkeGu-ph.png (351 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
YkeGu-ph.png
351 KB, 1200x1200
What went wrong?
>>
too many features without much thought put into them

wasted potential
>>
The fans and Notch being lazy
>>
Hunger.
>>
>>334671960
Weekly Friday updates became monthly updates became seasonal updates became annual updates became no updates at all.

Wasted potential.
>>
>>334671889
Yup. A good amount of features but no actual depth to any of them. The combat is shit and will always be shit. The game could have been good if it wasn't released so god damn early.
>>
They never added in the D&D mode.
>>
potions and enchantments and shit. it went from a creative building game to shitty pvp servers for 10 year olds.
>>
>>334672639
Not just any 10 year olds. Autistic 10 year olds. Also pedophiles. Minecraft has a pedophile problem.
>>
In a perfect world they would have stopped adding features around 1.2 and completely reconstructed the engine to have a built-in stable modding API. That probably would have taken 5 years and their sales would have suffered.

Also, hunger.
>>
its kinda fine the real problem is that its just a building game exept that some idiot thought it should become a shit tier rpg. They should have stick to the original idea.
Even worse pass the point where it could only be a building game they keep adding useless crap instead of adding a proper way to change the res and a proper way to mod the game.
At least right now the world gen seem decent.
>minecraft will never be a watered down dwarf fortress in 3d
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 700x700
>>334674096
So much potential...
>>
>>334671797
literally nothing. The game sells 10,000 copies a day, average age is pretty darn average (28), and 40% of the players are female.

It always had a universal appeal.
>>
>>334674096

Gnomoria.
>>
Youtube.

Minecraft would have been a super chill game without the swarm of ten-year-old autists that e-celebs and lets-players provided.

Every now and then, I'll just walk around in Creative Mode and build things. It is, imho, the most ideal way to play Minecraft right now; the multiplayer servers are riddled with paid memberships and minigames, and Survival is a shitty JRPG.
>>
>>334674982
>3d
Closer to Stonehearth if it was actually 3d. Gnomoria is 2d though. Stonehearth has NO depth though, Gnomoria at least tries.
>>
>>334671797
The updates ruined the game
>replacing the charming damage/door soundeffects to literally ear-piercing fuckloud noises
>making the biomes ugly as shit and making the shitty desert and snow ones bigger than they needed to
>all those boring and useless features like incantations and exp
fucking why
>>
Stopped adding new blocks and items.
Stopped adding new mobs
Stopped adding new biomes
No vehicles
No way to change the look of the player without modding.
I mean how hard could it be to just add in an item that lets you change how you character looked in game using wools and dye and set it up to where players can trade the code of the costumes or whatever.
>>
Replaced an interesting world generator with generic biomes.
>>
>>334675425
The enchanting thing is retarded and potions are all goddamned dumb and overly complicated.

Would have been easier if they just made it where they had to find certain types of blocks plus ether to use certain magic spells and went full alchemy.

And replaced potions with food preparations along with adding in more herbs and mob and food types.

The enchanting and potion concepts are too far removed from the basic idea of minecraft and adds new stuff that is useless and sticks out rather then simply using the old stuff in more novel ways.
>>
>>334671797
Endless autism
>>
>>334675896
This was the biggest thing. Not even just FLAOT shit but the world gen back in earlier alphas was so much better, now it's all generic rolly hills shit and FUCKTONS OF OCEAN OH MY GOD SO MANY OCEANS FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR OCEANS, JEB.

All the fun of exploration was sucked right out. It's only tolerable now with jetpacks and shit in modded packs.
>>
>>334676028
>Desert biome
>Suddenly snow biome and pine trees
>>
>>334676028
Oceans could have been OK if there was stuff inside them but they are empty and useless.
>>
>>334676184
The biggest problem is that they're fuckhuge wastes of space, yes. If they were at least smaller it'd be more tolerable but some will take a fucking 5-10min boatride to get across before you see any useful land. Combine that with a high generation percentage that's way too high and they just shat on everything that was good.
>>
>>334676283
>Minecraft: the first early access JUST
>>
>>334671797
Capitalism allowing you to sell products on promises then still not implementing them with over a $1 billion in sales.
>>
>>334671797

Nothing.

Notch is a billionaire and you aren't.

You're still butthurt about a game from 6 years ago. You went wrong.
>>
>>334676841
fuck off notch
>>
>>334672019
This and experience.
>>
>>334671797
Wasted potential and fan pandering.

Was fun while it lasted. The nether update was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>334674494
just having dwarf with basic needs (food,safety) , a trader and some sort of blockbreaking mob would do the job but it will suck because the autist playing this game will because their shitty was damaged even if they played survival.
>>
>>334672091
A recent update made the combat better than Slyrim's.
>>
Nothing. It's perfect thanks to the modding community.
Now if only they made Minecraft 2..
>>
>>334681319
>Minecraft 2
for Windows 10
>>
File: Every day, same shit.jpg (159 KB, 840x623) Image search: [Google]
Every day, same shit.jpg
159 KB, 840x623
>>334672019
>>334677097
This
>>
>>334671797
It became the invader zim of videogames.
>>
Creative mode.
>>
File: 2012-08-04_12.13.30.png (646 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
2012-08-04_12.13.30.png
646 KB, 854x480
Ran out of steam, you build shit. Cool, oh wow a patch build more shit. Jeeze guys we sure have built heaps of stuff, towns and cities. But it's all empty, I feel empty inside.

Emptiness everywhere in minecraft
>>
File: oceancolony4.jpg (120 KB, 1600x838) Image search: [Google]
oceancolony4.jpg
120 KB, 1600x838
Not enough ocean content.
>>
What they shouldn't have added?

Hunger, experience, sprinting, limited farm animals per world, realistic world generation, all this enchantment/potion bullshit. Why are they even trying to improve combat? It's never going to fucking improve, cause in the end, it's just going to be "POINT AT ENEMY AND CLICK BEFORE THEY DO!"

What they should have added?

Ways to increase the world that you build, specifically in creative. Why can't I put NPCs or make elaborate but small systems without using a fucking chunk of render to power it? I would play it for hours upon hours if they added this, creating detailed and deep worlds.
>>
I never really understood minecraft and it's popularity. Played it in alpha when it was starting to blow up and then never touched it again. Building stuff was fun enough but not enough to hold my attention. The monsters and stuff felt kinda pointless besides making it harder to build shit.

I never really understood how it blew up as much as it did. Really boggles my mind that an obscure game by some swede became a pop culture phenomenon that's worth billions.
>>
Nothing went wrong
>game has shitton of mods
>if devs add something different, people scream "FUCK YOU, ADD STUFF FROM MODS"
>if devs add stuff from mods, people scream "FUCK YOU, YOU STEALING SHITS, BE CREATIVE"
>no reason to make something that mods already have
>can play older versions of the game with older versions of the mods
>people buttmad over hunger won't go and play creative, they need survival, but without survival and with building (creative)
>you can change the world generation however you want
>>
>>334679968
>making axes OP and swords useless
No
>>
>>334671797
Everything gets boring after a while,
sure it's nice building and mining but it would be nice to have a way to have life,
and those useless villagers that you can find along the way can't be described as "life",
they have a lifespan of a day cicle if left alone and are no more than a walking single trade post.
In the end the pleasure of building fades when the concept that you will be just a builder of worlds, but a colonizer of none hits you.
>>
>>334671797
They didn't integrate all the mods that make the game fun in the first place into the actual game.
>>
>>334671797
>What went wrong?
It got popular
>>
>What went wrong
From Notch's perspective? Nothing
He became a billionaire from this game

From our perspective?
Quite a lot. Just because people play this game doesn't mean it isn't shit. CoD could get away with MW3, Battlefield Hardline is a thing, and so were the yearly AC games
Anyway, it went wrong after beta 1.3_01 for me
After that the world generation was fucked, in beta 1.3_01 had just perfect generation, not floating islands, but filled with nice overhangs and as such, look at the seed "glacier"
Enchanting was added not much later, same goes for potions
They added a lot f things that would make for a shit rpg, instead of a building game
And if they wanted to change the game in a drastic way they should have gone for a colonizing game
>>
It should have focused on fixing issues and adding more depth to actual building.
>>
>>334671889
/thread
>>
The whole thread is "muh depth", but of course nobody can explain what kind of depth do they want.
>>
File: lakesystem.png (2 MB, 1776x684) Image search: [Google]
lakesystem.png
2 MB, 1776x684
>>334676028
Oceans would be okay if they separately defined lakes and ponds so you could usually end up with reasonably sized bodies of water. Oceans could be a separate thing that occurred much less.
>>
Notch abandoning us for reddit.
>>
>>334671797
rpg elements
>>
He got the money before implementing 90% of what he had planned.
>>
useless rpg elements being added
terrain generator becoming boring as fuck
losing its lonely, paceful and at the same time eerie atmosphere
>>
>>334691115
Notch still comes here and i'm pretty sure he didnt go on reddit much.
>>
java
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.