[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some local multiplayer games for PC that aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
What are some local multiplayer games for PC that aren't total shit?

I don't buy consoles anymore, but I still want that couch gaming experience.

This may include particularly noteworthy console titles that are emulate-able
>>
there aren't many. i play black ops 3 zombies and nuketown doing splitscreen across two monitors with my little brother. also, enter the gungeon has a local coop mode.
>>
Some Garrys mod game modes are real nice if you have a sizeable lan but if you talking about more Co op like try battle block theater.
>>
>>334670956
Fightans
>>
>>334670956
Mortal Kombat, Rocket League, Gang Beasts if you have friends.
>>
File: 1408965017087.webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1408965017087.webm
1 MB, 960x540
>>334670956
just about all Worms -games. Armageddon, the 90's original, is still my favorite. 4D Mayhem was pretty fun too

After that, there's Liero and Alien Phobia -games.
>>
>>334672112
Does Armageddon have multiple gamepad support?
>>
>>334672492
I don't actually know, since I've always used just one set of KB + M. You just swap the seat after each turn.
>>
If you and your friends arent into fighting games, then youre pretty much screwed. Nobody makes games with couch coop in mind anymore.

Might as well just get a laptop that can game and coop online on your couch
>>
Screencheat
>>
Toon car
>>
Nidhogg, lethal league, gang beasts
>>
File: e174ez1.webm (446 KB, 612x460) Image search: [Google]
e174ez1.webm
446 KB, 612x460
>want to try Gang Bests
>Early Access Double Fine game
>>
>>334678248
pirate it WOW!!!!!!!
>>
Toto temple deluxe is neat.
>>
>local multiplayer
They're called "LANs", kid. No sane person wants to squeeze around a single fucking screen and get a fucking corner to stare at while your fucking shit friend always watches where you are.

This fucking cancer from the early days of console peasantry needs to die.
>>
>>334672748
Not true, there's lots of games on PC with local multiplayer

http://pccouchcoop.com/

Some I've had fun with are Blur, Dungeon Defenders, Broforce, Jamestown, Joe Danger, Left 4 Dead 2, Magicka, Portal 2, Renegade Ops, Risk of Rain, Shank 1 & 2, Trine 1 & 2 etc
>>
File: 1459788392734.jpg (2 MB, 2944x4104) Image search: [Google]
1459788392734.jpg
2 MB, 2944x4104
>>334670956
Related to OP pic
Which serious sam do I play first?
>>
>>334681350
First Encounter, either the HD version or the classic version. Or you can get the Classics Redux version which is some sort of fanmade thing that includes First Encounter and Second Encounter as well as some other new stuff like new survival maps
>>
liero and star control 2. great versus games. use openliero and the ur-quan masters sourceport.
you can play sc2 over tcp/ip but liero is local only, so that only works if you have a good keyboard (or i guess you can plug in 2 keyboards).
>>
>>334681483
>HD version
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HD version is FUCKED when it comes to enemy movement. The original lets you use predictable enemy movement to your advantage when you have large crowds to take basically no damage, i.e. skill. HD fucks that up and adds unpredictability to it, making it basically "hold down fire and hope you don't get fucked".

SSHD sucks.
>>
trine
>>
>>334681350
If you are a rookie, might just as well start with the SS3:BFE.
Story-wise it's a prequel, and overall it's designed to give beginners a tad softer landingtto the series.
>>
>>334681350
SS3 is a perfect introduction to the series, but it is the weakest of the trilogy. After that, go for the HD versions of First Encounter and Second Encounter. The HD versions are fucking perfect and I have logged a couple hundred hours in each.
>>
>>334681718
git gud.
>>
Space Beast Terror Fright is a fucking awesome co-op experience with split screen capabilities. Criminally underplayed and underrecognized game.

Other than that, Perfect Dark, Enter the Gungeon, SF/MK/SSB/MvC/etc, Worms, Chaos Theory, Time Splitters series
>>
Gangbeast
>>
>>334684608
>weakest game of trilogy
that's not SS2

TSE>=BFE> TFE> > > SS2
>>
>>334686301
>trilogy
>4 games
>>
>>334681718
>making it basically "hold down fire and hope you don't get fucked"
You mean it changed from "hold down S and M1 while occasionally tapping A/D" to "hold down S while adjusting aim slightly and tapping A/D"
Wow what a game changer.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.