[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't remember the name of that old game you played as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 17
Can't remember the name of that old game you played as a kid? Post it here, /v/ will help you figure it out.

Be descriptive. State the platform, genre, mechanics, graphical style etc. Anything you can remember.
>>
>snes game
>character is dressed in blue
>goal is rescue a princess
>platformer
>jumping on leaves or beanstalks
i saw it in a copy of gamepro so i know it exists
>>
>>334668432

there is one i can't remember the name of, it was a shooting game set in the wild west on either snes or genesis. i remember there was a chick you can play dressed up with wild west attire, and you could co-op with someone else. i know there were other characters you could play as but i don't remember them, just the female you could play as. the last thing i remember is, when you beat the game, the woman was sitting on the ground with her legs outstretched as the credits rolled by. if you were co-oping, the palette-swapped woman would sit on the other side of the credits sitting down the same way.

been trying to remember what game this is for the longest time.
>>
File: 1460859354102.png (581 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460859354102.png
581 KB, 1280x720
Snes beat em up where at the second level you fight inside some sewers.

No dinosaurs, no Captain Commando or Ninja Turtles. Fuck i only remember that single part of the game
>>
Platformer my dad played when I was little in mid to late 90s.

You controllered a cat dressed in a blue napoleonic style uniform and you carried a saber.

I remember that your enemies were dogs dressed in red napoleonic style uniforms.

It may have been a demo because I think the only level I remember playing was a sewer type level.

Been trying to find the name of this game for years.
>>
>>334668934
Skyblazer?
>>
>>334668934
has to be Skyblazer
>>
>>334668432

You play as giant monster and its not godzilla
>>
>>334669143
wild guns?
>>
>>334670086

and its on the ps2 and its cartoony
>>
>>334669460
Captain Claw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EGfeV-6kMc
>>
File: Moloch_the_god.gif (112 KB, 319x561) Image search: [Google]
Moloch_the_god.gif
112 KB, 319x561
i bet you guys will not guess this

its a robot insect fighting game for play station 1

it came on a demo disc
>>
Some vaguely horror-themed point and click where you sneak around a house or something. No, it's not alone in the dark. I think it had FMV cutscenes and was vaguely asian.
>>
Ps1 game
3D platformer with a space them and a focus on space babes

I remember the protagonist had a red shirt and maybe blond hair, but thats about it
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 204x200) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 204x200
>>334670626
blasto?
>>
>>334670221

Oh my god I think this is it!

I'll have to show my pops to see if he remembers.

Thanks a lot famalam
>>
it was on a jampack cd back when they put demos on cds

you're a cat in a mecha suit, its all japanese, and your mech shoots bubbles that capture/incapacitate wayward children

i wanna say it was made by capcom but i could be wrong. the best i could describe the gameplay as was similar to megaman legends
>>
all i can remember was a snow level where you use this glove item and go into a building. it was a ps1 or ps2 game, i think.
>>
It was like 2001 and I got a demo disc from like top deck or something.

Anyway an early 3d PC game where you made a flying island? Has been bugging me.
>>
>>334668432
>Game on gamecube
>You play as monsters destroying buildings
>there's a bunch of different monsters
>not Godzilla
>>
PlayStation 1. I believe it was 3D but it could have been isometric 3D. It was either the first or one of the first stages and there was an attic and you or someone else was in a bird cage. I can't really remember anything else.
>>
>>334670190
Rampage?
>>
>>334670721
Exactly it! Thats what gave me the need for space babes to this very day
>>
>>334671078
Rampage?
>>
>>334671223
me too

he always reminded me of johnny bravo
>>
>>334671078
... rampage?
>>
>>334670721
thats some classic shit right there. pretty sure he was the inspiration behind captain qwark
>>
>>334669456
Maybe Brawl Brothers?

The SNES has a lot of beatemups with sewer levels, unfortunately.
>>
>>334671078
Might be Rampage: Total Destruction.
>>
>>334671078
Rampage
>>
Was a ps1 game where you were a firefighter but it had real cartoon like graphics and a pretty cool soundtrack
>>
>>334670962
Might have also been an airship but I am almost positive you were literally piloting an island

Maybe had turrets you had to place but everything was third person 3d?
>>
>>334668432

Late 90's sci-fi 2d-isometric RTS. Had many different minerals + energy to manage. Different planets to fight on. You had buildings, mechs, tanks, fighter, that sort of things.
Not one of the major ones. Ive been looking for years to no avail.
>>
>>334669456
Alien vs Predator?
>>
It was a super nintendo game I blieve where you played a monkey in prehistoric times trying to rescue your monkey girlfriend. Whenever you grabbed these red gems you would evolve into a caveman. It was a side scrolling platformer. That's all I can remember.
>>
Think it was on Win 95, I believe it was point and click maybe. It was like a sci-fi/horror game. There were these spider monster thing with red and blue stripes when you killed them I think the bled green sort of. You would would click door ways to move to the next room/area. Sometime they were traps though. Like one you would slide down a tunnel and into some giant mouth. I think the PC was a girl. I remember some more stuff too in anyone needs more details.
>>
>Ps1 game
>play as rc cars i think, or at least very amall ones
>sick sound track

Cant remember much, but i'd give anything to hear that soundtrack again
>>
>>334670086
Ranpage: Total Destruction?
>>
File: 1460664450577.jpg (134 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
1460664450577.jpg
134 KB, 1080x1283
>>334671365
>Brawl Brothers
MY FUCKING NIGGA!
You got it on the first try! Thank you!
>>
>>334671852
Re-Volt?
>>
>>334671942
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_83cPS87tYM
Thanks senpai
>>
YOU PLAY AS A RAPTOR!

WITH GUNS AND SHIT?!

GRAPHICS WERE HORRIBLE.

BUT IT WAS AWESOME!

THAT'S ALL I CAN REMEMBER.
>>
>>334672391
was it on genesis?
Is so, Dinosaurs For Hire
>>
>arcade game
>falling blocks
>vs cpu
>two blocks fall at a time
>each block is one quarter of a circle
>completing a circle causes a dragon symbol to appear and then the blocks disappear
>gravity and chaining clears like in puyo puyo
>>
Platformer where you play as some humanoid animal
Needs to rescue a female
After each level a password of items that need to be set in a specific order in the password level to replay that level
Final Boss is some really Fat Thing and some purple thunder laser attacks
Beating Final Boss ends in castle being destroyed and fleeing with the female
>>
>>334672505
NAW THAT AINT IT.

IT WAS ON PC I THINK.
>>
File: H55mqvk[1].jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
H55mqvk[1].jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>>334672391
Nanosaur was GOTYAY
>>
>>334672659
THAT'S THE SHIT!
>>
>>334672634
>>334672659
Holy fuck, thats cool as fuck
>>
>PC game from 2000-2010, maybe a bit later
>B-rated version of Skyrim (same gameplay ideas but worse graphics and everything)
>Level in a sewer, and level in town with vampires
pls find
>>
>>334672391
Did you have a jetpack and the ammo was like geometric shapes and stuff?
>>
>>334668432
some medieval rts on pc with werewolves and every time you lost a unit the announcer would say casualty
>>
>>334670902

That's Tail Concerto

also Waffle's a dog
>>
Uh...

It was on the Nintendo 64. It was a 2.5 game about ninjas. I remember one of them was really fat.
>>
ps1 or early ps2 game can't remember which.

You were a pilot in space and if you won or failed a mission then you would move on to a specific route.
>>
File: MysticalNinjaStarringGoemon.jpg (69 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
MysticalNinjaStarringGoemon.jpg
69 KB, 580x435
>>334673110
It wouldn't happen to be Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon would it?
>>
edutainment game about dinosaurs. clearly inspired by Jurassic park but wasn't Jurassic park.
>>
>>334673693

>What else I've got in my sleeves?
>You mean... like my armpits?

*laughtrack.wav*
>>
>>334673856
Dinosaur Adventure 3D
>>
Well, not really as a kid, but there was this side-scrolling beat'em up in the Nintendo DS.
Characters looked like the average shounen plastic techno babble, like beyblades with visors.
The interesting part, though, was that you could customize your main combo, and each move had a musical note attached to it. When you used your combo, the game played the leitmotif you had set when editing the combo.
>>
>>334668432
Trying to remember an old platformer on PC/iOS. Must be 20 years old by now but you played as an ape similarly to DK but it had more of a clay look to it and it definitely wasn't DK considering the platform.

I can't remember if you collected bananas or not.
>>
PC
Mid 90s to early 00s
Racing game that was a ripoff of mario kart
I think it had animals as the drivers
>>
Sega Genesis
Was a top down shooter with planes or helicopters, lots of explosions and green machinery, pretty hectic too
>>
I've never had one of these thread help, but I'll try once again

It was a PC game. Either late 90's or early 00's. It was a top-down shooter with RPG elements. You played as a Wizard, I think dressed in blue. There was an overworld map you'd explore, and find entrances to stages where you had to collect things before heading to the exit. There were also random encounters I think? Where you'd just have to kill everything before going back to the world map. You could buy new wands and armor and stuff from shops. There were also spellbooks you could find that gave you different types of attacks/abilities for an MP cost

Anyone have -any- idea at all?
>>
>>334673856
Nanosaur?
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanosaur
>>
you drive around trucks and cars and shit and I think you can demolish buildings or something

its on N64

all i really remember was there was some blockbuster sticker on the cartridge that I ripped off...
>>
>>334674538

Blast Corps?
>>
>>334674610
Yes thank you!
>>
Ps2 game.
It was on a demo disk and I played it over and over as a kid.
3rd person and you fought dudes on the street and i remember it being really hard.
Thats it
>>
>>334672995
>>334672995
thanks yo
>>
>>334674129
Skunny Kart
>>
>>334672775
Sounds like Two Worlds
>>
>ps1 game
>robo rumble or some shit
>game was half japanese/barely translated
>build robots, some can walk some have wheels
>saws and rockets and shit
>fight them in an arena
>kind of like that saturday morning show in person but japanese and cartoony

help me out /v/
>>
File: 1354514451800.jpg (344 KB, 936x779) Image search: [Google]
1354514451800.jpg
344 KB, 936x779
>tfw you can't remember of a single important detail of the game
looks like i'll die before I ever know what that game was
>>
Nobody will ever be able to tell me what this was.

When I was little, on my dad's old (either 98 or ME) I played this game that was played 2d top-down. It had a cinematic that would play on startup about "Autonomous machines with a distinct urge to build" they were basically robotic bugs, like dragonflies and beetles/centipedes. Your job was to fly your (bug?)ship around and bomb the robo-bug's bases. Each level had a number of bases to destroy.
>>
>>334668432
PS2 game where you're in some sort of magic school and you can waifu the girls in it.
>>
It's a cartoony tank game. Pretty sure the tanks don't have people in them. You can customize your tank all you want. I think it was ps2 or og Xbox
>>
Its a pc game were you are a helicopter thing and you leave a trail behind you that fills up a square while you try to avoid evil things
>>
>n64 game
>1st level is skiing down a mountain

i don't remember the name of the game, i do remember finishing it completely, but other than that and the greentext, i have no idea.
>>
File: 82727_front.jpg (119 KB, 640x569) Image search: [Google]
82727_front.jpg
119 KB, 640x569
>>334674050
nvm found it :^)

>>334674835
If you can't remember a single thing, that game probably wasn't important.
>>
>>334674835

Instead of complaining that you can't remember any important details, just tell us what you do remember. who cares how vague it is. It might even help jog your memory so you can remember more details
>>
>>334668432
Some either DOS or other old computer system game where you sidescroll in a small army jeep or something jumping over obstacles and holes with some song that I can't for the life of me find the name of. It was some sort of older marching song I guess?
>Doo doo. Do do do DOO, DOO, doooo.
is the best I can do in terms of the song.
Played it back in 93 or 94 when I was 3 or 4.
>>
File: 1457087631269.png (150 KB, 572x550) Image search: [Google]
1457087631269.png
150 KB, 572x550
>>334668432
God it was like this edgy Doland duck game. It started with a P and you shot shit and donald didn't have this throat cancer voice. Had it on gamecube.
>>
File: 1460772155697.png (34 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1460772155697.png
34 KB, 657x527
You play as some kid who ends up in a world of monsters and you can either fight or choose to not fight them
I remember there's like skeletons and goats but I forgot the name of it
Any ideas?
>>
>>334675291
SMT?
>>
I don't remember much. In or around the 90s. It was an educational game on PC. At least I think it was educational. All I remember is that it took place in some haunted mansion. Or something that was supposed to be kind of scary.
>>
>>334672575
Were you some kind of potato or some round thing that turned into a pile when you died? If so I remember that and need the name of it as well. The one I'm thinking of was on DOS or another old computer system along with the other game I'm trying to remember.
>>
>PS1 game
>RTS type of style game, probably closer to turn based or tower defence even
>the visual would be top-down, land and sea
>you would place your gray structures, highlighted blue as you place them.
>small enemies would then come to attack you
>graphics were very simple, 2D and not many details if my memory is correct

Sorry about how vaugue the description is. That's literally all I can remember other than drawing it out and the feeling I had while playing it, which was fun. I've rediscovered so many games I played when I was younger. Going back even before the PS1, on the SNES and NES. I've never been able to find what this game was.
>>
>>334675464

All that made me think of was Math Blaster Mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpZ-v33UvC8

Probably not it, but it was one of my favorite educationals.
>>
>>334675278
Going Quacker's?
>>
This has bugged me for ages.

It was on a demo disk for the ps1. I remember that it was on a beach and you had to collect gems and you went inside a cave to beat a boss. I think you were a pirate character.

That's all I remember.
>>
>>334674243
That sounds like early Fallout with a wizard instead of the Vault dweller, even dressed in blue.
>>
>>334675548
Not it, but hell yea Math Blaster!
>>
All I can remember is that it was an mmo from the mid-aughts, with Fairyland/Ogre Battle-style combat, and one of the first allies you got was a generic knight guy, and together you went into the castle to report shit and got ganked there.

It might've been an FFT-style combat system instead though. I can't remember. I don't know why I stopped playing.
>>
>>334671250
>>334671302
>>334671371
>>334671379
YES!
>>
>>334675580
>>334675278
No it was like in space (maybe) and you had this floating green head navi like assistant. The first section was a snow level I think?
>>
>>334675427
Nope.
>>
>point and click adventure
>no real goal aside from exploration
>set on a pirate ship
>specifically remember you could fuck with the parrot
>>
>>334675635

It's definitely not fallout. This was more like a twinstick shooter (Not actually twinstick, but an arcadey shooter kind of deal)
>>
>Early FPS game on PC.
>One of the guns was a dude/creatures head where you would hold it and shoot blasts out of it. You would see the fingers move on the back of the head as you shot I think
>>
NES Game
All I honestly remember is leaving town and having a huge world map to explore, and something about a giant ass tower. For some reason I think it might've been a breath of fire game now but I dunno.
>>
PS1 game. All I remember is it was 3D top down and you controlled some guy navigating through this place with a bunch of monsters. Some maze type dungeon crawler or something. Graphics were cartoonish.
>>
Some old pc or commodore side-scrolling platformer where you had to collect gold or something as a yellow potato I believe with pants, or some other round thing.

It might also not have had pants.

When you died you would turn into a white pile of what I assumed were mashed potatoes.
>>
>>334675712

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEPFEYgYufA

>GC doesn't even know how the safety protocols on her own fucking ship works

t-thanks
>>
SNES game. Fantasy genre. You start out in some forest town. One of the early quests has you looking for an old mans lost pair of glasses. The areas outside town have some caves and I remember finding the glasses in one of them.
>>
>>334675278
PK Out of the Shadows
>>
N64
It was like rocket robot on wheels but instead the dude was orange and I think it had like..a carnival theme ? he had feet rockets.

BONUS: This was a flash game. It was 3D. (Circa 2000) I remember playing it on coffeebreakarcade (Yeah..remember that shit ?) you flew around mars in your ship (Red, Green, Blue) and when you hit space you would shoot a meteorite at the other players.
>>
File: d693836fe4f3.jpg (123 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
d693836fe4f3.jpg
123 KB, 640x480
>>334675856
Half-life 1?
>>
>>334676125
Oh my god I love you so much anon
I've been looking for thjs for years
Marry me right here and now
>>
>>334676097
The Lord of the Rings Volume 1?
>>
>SNES or PC
>2D sidescroller
>Main character was like a ninja or something with a red scarf
>You enter some base and fight a robot gorilla or T-rex or something
>>
>>334676372
I'm sorry anon but gorillas and t-rexes are pretty distinctly different, how can you not be sure which it was?
>>
>>334676148
No, early FPS as in the graphics looked closer to Duke Nukem or Hexen.
>>
>>334676285
Yeah I found it just before you replied. Thanks.
>>
>>334676468
Quake
I never played through Quake but a guy/creature's head that shoots blasts sounds like a weapon you'd have there.
>>
2 pc games for young kids

First one you helped some animal people do minigames and got to put shit in a park as a reward, one of the games involved construction vehicles.

Other one is really hard to remember, you were in some guys house and you helped him count fruit.
>>
>>334668432
>Pegasus (bootleg nes but games were actually from nes) game
>you were flying as a mech/robot or something and shooting shit
>It had third person camera, you saw your back and were flying into the screen, being able to move in every direction I guess
>It had this giant fucking robot in the main menu and this creepy music which used to scare me as a kid
Sorry for being too vague about it but this is all I remember
>>
>>334675983
>>334675464
GOT IT. Reading Blaster 9-12
Found it myself. Only had to look through 22 pages.
>>
File: spell-storm-game-02.jpg (307 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
spell-storm-game-02.jpg
307 KB, 800x600
>>334674243
Spell Storm?
>>
File: B2_life_leech_2.jpg (13 KB, 206x232) Image search: [Google]
B2_life_leech_2.jpg
13 KB, 206x232
>>334675856

i wanna say BLOOD but this is the closest weapon that matches that description
>>
>>334671108
Possibly Alone in the Dark: the new nightmare.
>>
>>334671596
Earth 2140/2150 maybe.
>>
>>334672575
>>334675478
Sounds a bit like Fury of the furries.
>>
A Japanese running/race game, It's either on the Sega Saturn or PlayStation. Its a non stop running game using the L and R shoulder buttons to extend arms to grab the poles and jump across obstacles. It also have different characters like a robot and that Japs frog myth thing.

Does anybody know this game?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>334675856

NIGGER THATS THE ORIGINAL SHADOW WARRIOR
>>
File: wackywheels2.gif (44 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
wackywheels2.gif
44 KB, 640x400
>>334674129
Motherfucking Wacky Wheels.
>>
>>334676580

you cant be more wrong.
>>
>>334675856
>>334676148
>>334676468

Never mind, I found it.
It was called Shadow Warrior. And ran on the Duke Nukem engine. Known as the "build" engine.

Pic related
>>
>>334677250
My man
>>
>>334677175
I just looked it up and from the picture it looked familiar, but watching a video it looks way more complicated than I remember. It might have been because my dad would set up the machine to play it every time. I'd need to see a death, but it doesn't look like you can die in this game. I was almost sure it was it but it's close enough. It also looks a bit too "new" compared to what I played.
>>
>>334676372
Strider maybe?
>>
>>334671223

>Always been interested in retro futurism

>Like space babe pinups.

>See this thread.

>Suddenly remember that I rented this game

Fuck.
>>
>>334674847
Yup, I can't find anything by googling it. I try a couple times a year when I remember something about it. But it's impossible to find.
>>
>>334677759
You made this game up in your mind anon.
>>
File: gfs_27972_2_9.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gfs_27972_2_9.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
Probably the most unnerving selection of enemies I've seen in Nightmare creatures. But trying to run it on a modern machine is a nightmare in itself.
>>
>>334677890
I remember playing it a bunch though. But maybe I am just crazy. There's also a short horror film that I can't seem to find either. Guess I'm going insane.
>>
>>334671596
Metal fatigue hits on the multilayered battfield point but it was primarily a mech game and didn´t have tanks and figters.
>>
>>334675635
>I´m taking a shot in the dark, Rage of mages, maybe?
>>
>>334679357
Should have replied to >>334674243, but it's probably >>334676862.
>>
>>334678516
If you're having trouble finding it you could always try combing through https://archive.org/details/classicpcgames for some answers.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.