[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is a poorer use of money: buying video games from an industry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: IzunaTakingaBath.jpg (287 KB, 749x582) Image search: [Google]
IzunaTakingaBath.jpg
287 KB, 749x582
Which is a poorer use of money: buying video games from an industry that you think has lost all interest in your preferences as a consumer or giving to charity?
>>
>Reducing an absolutely massive number of companies, corporations and individuals, all with unique motivations, aspirations, and raison d'etre, down to "an industry" to justify your actions

Yeah okay buddy.
>>
>>334667018
depends on the charity
>>
>>334667018
Charities. They're all corrupt middlemen anyways.
>>
>>334667018
Giving to charity, as 90% of charities are pyramid schemes.

Also, you typically get something back when you give to the video game industry.
>>
>>334667374
But I'm not "the target demo" anymore. I won't buy a microtransaction on a mobile game so clearly I cannot be of any value.
>>
>>334667493
There's still TONS of games that are neither mobile nor require micro-transactions anon.

Why are you actively making up reasons to be butthurt?
>>
>>334667018
Go smaller comanies/indie. Most indie devs are absolute shit but you're honestly more likely to find absolute gems. I have roughly 900 hours on From the Depths and it is one of the most entertaining games I have ever played. The graphics may be shit and it might set my slav-tier potato on fire but it is a thoroughly fantastic game.

Pic is an unfinished battleship that I will probably spend tonight finishing instead of working on a paper like I should.
>>
Thanks to Indie bundles I don't have to decide. I can waste my money in two ways at once.
>>
i wish izuna did better.
it probably would have done better if it was released now
>>
>>334667018
Why not both?
>>
>>334667018
Why the fuck should I care if the industry has "any interest in my preferences as a customer"? I just care about what is being produced. If companies are too narrow-minded to understand that I might want a particular thing, then I'll buy a product from a company that provides that product.
>>
File: hatersgonnahate2.gif (502 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
hatersgonnahate2.gif
502 KB, 500x376
>>334667018
Your fault for giving a shit about "the industry".

Just play the games you want to, and don't play the games you don't want to. Giving a care about the people behind the curtain just makes you all bitter and angry, especially if the constant threads here are any indication.
>>
>>334668446
Man, Izuna 2 was so fucking good.
>>
>>334668446
The games needed a bit of polish, but I still enjoyed them more than most roguelikes.
>>
File: SaHa_Haijo_DS_Chou_Ni_01left.jpg (375 KB, 1600x1125) Image search: [Google]
SaHa_Haijo_DS_Chou_Ni_01left.jpg
375 KB, 1600x1125
>>334669501
the first one needed a bit of work, but the second one was pretty great
it also needed more doujins
>>
File: 329122.jpg (104 KB, 491x600) Image search: [Google]
329122.jpg
104 KB, 491x600
I like the black-haired sisters.
>>
>>334667473
Absolutely this. "Non-profit" organizations that spend thousands upon thousands on operating costs, while showing little to no actual progress. Everything has become so bloated and ridiculous that one has to wonder where all the money is actually going.
>>
An even more poor use of money? Weebshit.
>>
i remember when there was a small buzz about this game because of the supplemental art being a little racy.
man how things change.
>>
>>334670631

I remember those days as well. Sucks we'll never get an Izuna 3DS.

Seriously, her boobs look like they were redrawn on at the last minute after the artist decided her boobs needed to be bigger.
>>
there's still games that cater to you.
do your part and show them support at least by buying what you like.
>>
>>334671863
if i were rich, it'd be one of the games i'd be willing to sponsor.
along with another kyle hyde game and a few other things
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.