[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's remote play functionality on one of these? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Sony-PSTV-1[1].jpg (68 KB, 800x431) Image search: [Google]
Sony-PSTV-1[1].jpg
68 KB, 800x431
How's remote play functionality on one of these?
I'm talking about a wired ethernet connection, PSTV-router-PS4.
Also, does remote play mirror the display so that the PS4 and PSTV are outputting the same picture?
>>
>Ping better be spot-on, even then, don't play anything that needs precise inputs
>Remote Play is 60fps (depending on game), and 1080i (max resolution that the PSTV outputs)
>Picture quality is slightly washed out
>Don't expect to remote play media apps like Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube from the PS4

It's "decent" if you occasionally wanna play PS4 in another room. Don't expect it to be 1:1 to a second PS4. It's good it you wanna play compatible Vita games though, which is why I have one.
>>
>>322029372

What's your setup? Wifi or ethernet?

>Remote Play is 60fps (depending on game), and 1080i (max resolution that the PSTV outputs)
I thought the stream was 720p, wouldn't it be better to output 720p?
>>
File: 2015-12-25-234339.jpg (1 MB, 1920x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-25-234339.jpg
1 MB, 1920x3264
I love my vita!
>>
>>322030078

What Vita games do you recommend anon? PSTV-incompatibles are fine, I have the whitelist hack
>>
File: 2015-12-28-042424.jpg (159 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28-042424.jpg
159 KB, 960x544
>>322030151
But I don't know what games you like anon.
>>
>>322030351
Not him, but just share some stuff that you liked. My tastes are varied.
>>
>>322030351

I'll play pretty much anything, I'm looking for stuff I can't play on my PS3 or PC though.
Having anime tiddies and waifus doesn't make a better any better or worse as far as I'm concerned.

So far I'm thinking Muramasa, Wipeout and SSD
>>
>>322030815
>>322030873
I really enjoyed the project diva games. You'll probably hate them though if you can't stand the vocaloid music. As far as RPGs go Ys MoC is probably my favorite one on the system, it's pretty fast paced and a bit easier than other Ys games but it's still alot of fun. If you like it more traditional than probably Oreshika although it's really grind heavy and doesn't focus on the story too much. Atelier Rorona was also great if you don't mind that the story isn't as big and adventerous as other JRPGs are. I also have a soft spot for senran kagura but people usually think it's very mediocre.
>>
>>322031363

I had some of the Diva stuff on PSP and I got one on PS3, it's pretty fun. I don't think I'm dying for another on this though.

Never played an Ys game, how is MoC for someone like me?

Again, I have Rorona on PS3 and I've barely scratched the surface.
>>
>>322031363
What do the Atelier games play like? I've been wanting to get into them but not knowing what the gameplay is like bothers me a bit.
Ain't nothing wrong with liking happy boobs, bruv.
>>
>>322031571
You can usually start with Ys wherever you want since they self-contained stories of the main character adol. Except for 1+2 which are direct sequels and part of the same ark. You should watch a gameplay video on youtube if you're interested. Even if it's one of the easier Ys games it will take some time to beat it on the hardest difficulty. They also patched it a while ago to make it run on PSTV, I don't know if that's EU only though.

>>322031662
They play alot like regular JRPGs. The biggest difference is though that the alchemy system is really deep. You're basically a little girl with a problem that you can solve by using it. For example in Rorona you have to help your workshop grow and have tasks you have to solve in a certain amount of time. The game is relatively easy though since you can craft a lot of powerful stuff that's balanced around the postgame where it gets alot harder. The story feels more like slice of life animes than tales or final fantasy games.
>>
DO NOT BUY THIS FOR REMOTE PLAY. The controller lag is abysmal. I couldn't even play dark cloud on it. Waste of 50 bucks considering remote play is all i bought it for.
>>
>>322030151
I'm using my pstv for the Danganronpa series (1,2, Another Episode), Persona 4 Golden and Virtue's Last Reward

I'm trying some PS+ games but nothing good so far..

I'd recommend them if you don't know them already, dunno what games you play
>>
>>322033804

What's Danganronpa like? I played the first AA game, is that a good idea of what to expect? Maybe I can emulate the patch of the first game before committing to a purchase?
Tried P4 on PCSX2, didn't like it and just wished it was a plain dungeon crawling SMT.
VLR is the sequel to 999, right? Still gotta play that but when I do is it better on 3DS or PSTV?
>>
>>322034104
Danganronpa is a bit like AA I guess. You solve murders and out the culprit in different "mini games" at a trial (DR2 does this way better though and they can take an hour each) and you can date cute waifus

Well, P4Golden does a lot of things better but the dungeon crawling stays the same, so probably not better than P4.

I played 999 on the DS but choose VLR on the PSTV because it looks better and well it was only 5 bux at the sale last week. It's really good so far
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.