[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your least favourite Area in DaS3 and why is it Lothric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: DS3_Lothric_Castle_7.0.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DS3_Lothric_Castle_7.0.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
What's your least favourite Area in DaS3 and why is it Lothric Castle?
>>
>>334658491
I think you mean Ithiryyl Dungeon fampai
>>
>>334658928
Irithyll Dungeon is fucking great though.

>Dat atmosphere
>Dose jumpscares
>Dem Jailers
>>
Demon Ruins
>>
The swamp in Farrons Keep
>>
>>334659204
>It's a dark underground building
>Screams from grub bastards when you pick things up
>Slow down and wait for your max HP to go back up because being within twenty feet off the damn things drains you.

Literally only good for Profaned Capital and Archdragon Peak.
>>
>>334659204
I'm there now and I hate that place, least favourite by far
>>
>flask +8
epic shop
>>
>>334660701
>Hating the best zone
Get aloud of this faggot
>>
>>334660712
Profaned Capital is ass desu. What do you even do there except fight a bunch of pryo jailers and Gargoyles? Also there's three mimics, with two right next to each other. Of and of course no garbage area would be complete without a gimmicky boss fight.

I'm not against the game forcing you to use a certain weapon AND having to use weapon arts with said weapon; but does it need to be in the same damn room as the boss? Couldn't even be hidden away somewhere else so people actually need to find it or face a very long drawn out fight with the boss.
>>
>>334659204
>play any PC games that use controllers in the garage hooked up to a large screen with a 5.1 surround
>decide to hook up DS3 to the setup
>2 AM, garage is very dark
>get to Irithyll dungeon
>hear the ambient chains clanging and oooo's of the wind
>get spooked bad
>go pick up a shiny from one of the jail cells
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>literally scream so hard I woke up my friend
>spent 3 hours in the dungeon alone

Fuck man that really skooked me good
>>
Is there a way to make a backup of a save file?

I'm right before the last boss and I want to create an extra save so I can come back and do other optional stuff if I missed it
>>
File: 1459215633977.gif (247 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
1459215633977.gif
247 KB, 400x200
>>334661104
>He missed the other Poison Swamp
>He thinks the Dungeon looks better than the massive ruins
>He doesn't realize Storm Ruler being in Yhorm's room is part of the lore, along with Siegward's copy
>He thinks Mimics are jump scares.
>>
>>334658491
The area after pontiff because I liked getting to gangbang people as an aldrich's bitchboy. Sucked outleveling the area and the invasions becoming nonexistent.
>>
>>334660860
Not him but why? Mine is +9 right now.
>>
Who /wolf knight/ here?
Just beat champion and I'm rocking all of old artys shit. Can't find his shield but shields are for wimps anyways.
>>
>>334661539
I kept getting wrecked for Yhorm so I summoned some help and they tore him apart with some sort of wind attack, what was it? Did I miss something?
>>
>>334661539
I found the toxic swamp area filled with the spiders. Nothing much there desu. A little bit of loot, then a dead end if you go up to where the big fat blob thing is. I was wondering how to get that item which is out of reach though. Looks like you need to drop down but I couldn't find a spot to do after scouting out the area.
>>
>>334659204

i don't understand the jailer's life sap power.

also the jump scares are retarded. its like they tried to recreate latria but all they remembered was that it was creepy and had doors you opened by lifting them up from the bottom.

at least it was short.
>>
>>334662149
There's a sword in his room with a weapon art that kills him in 5 hits. Without it, Yhorm would be unkillable from a lore standpoint. With it, the fight's a bit gimmicky.
>>
>>334662149
Did you not even pick up the item in the room? It's right fucking there, man. You can clearly see it as you enter the room and it's piss easy to grab since Yhorn is a slow ass nigga and by far the easiest boss to dodge on the whole game. Having said that, unless you knew what to do with the weapon (I.E weapon art until it starts glowing, THEN attack) it's definitely a fight which makes you give the old noggin a good scratch. Reading the weapon description basically tells you what to do though. Then the fight is a cakewalk.
>>
Profane Capital is the worst just because it doesn't have anything interesting. Irithyll Dungeon is frustrating as shit but at least it has some sort of content.
>>
I just beat the dungeon section of DaS3, do the levels keep going on like this or does the game get fun again?

>irithryll
>fight multiple ice warrior guys at once with a fire staff guy in the background
>ok, that was fun but it was definitely on the edge of being annoying

>a bunch of nearly invisible trash mobs
>short shrine of amana like section where said semi invisible mobs spam fast spells at you while dogs wait to gang up on you when you get close
>ok well at least that was short

>section after pontiff with 10 pyromancers and two dual wielding npcs with a lot of health
>at least the dual weilders don't respond...

>bottom of ladder just after that two has two huge wolf guys that you fight in ankle deep water
>fuck that no item is worth it

>immediately followed by fucking six knight archers that are almost more annoying than the originals
>then get to anor londo with EVEN MORE pyomancers
>ok well that was annoying but at least the level is over

>get to dungeon
>super loud jump scare screams for no reason
>trash mobs in small rooms so your sword can easily bounce off the wall, leaving you open to get puked on causing a ton of bleed build up
>fucking jailers that sap your health if you don't sneak up on them and stun lock them
>from decides it would be really fun if they stick ten of them in one room at the same time

jesus christ, I got past them, but if this is how the game is going to be for the rest of it, then i'm out
>>
>>334662606
I usually clear a room before getting items but that makes sense. I must have looked like an idiot attacking his feet while my phantoms blasted him.
>>
>>334660860
It goes up to +10
>>
>>334662651

Irithyll Dungeon is a difficulty spike, but it shouldn't be too bad as long as you kill the jailers immediately and look around the corner.

And leech bleeding can be nullified by having the torch out.
>>
>>334659204
It grew on me because it's a short segment without an actual boss. I would have hated it if them went full Dark Souls 2 and put a boss after that room with the dozen or so jailers.
>>
File: 132564676457.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
132564676457.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>>334663181
>A boss like Pontiff but with a pack of four Jailers
>>
The area after smoldering lake and the carthus dungeon thing were the worst by far i m o

>those jumping goats
>rats everywhere
>fucking skeletals

no thanks faggots
>>
>>334658491
> Not Smoldering Lakes
> Not fucking Anor Londo bullshit ass lightening weapons

"Oh but Anon! Mah nostalgia, mah feels, ma Ornstein hammer!"

There is nothing innovative about either.

Smoldering lakes is literally a waste of gametime.

Anor Londo is just a worse, rehashed nostalgia trip.

And HOLY SHIT, mother fucking Catacombs. Ok, so the bosses were a breeze, sure, but the hordes of big skele trash mobs, and fire mages.
It's just shit for the sake of shit. Not hard, just annoying.
>>
>>334662347
They aren't jumpscares you tard.

They call the jailers to you,
>>
>>334663657
>Call the jailers to you
>Killed all the jailers already
>>
>>334658491
grand archives were complete ass

fuck that goddamn crystal sage with those homing orbs hitting you on ladders, who the fuck thought that was a good idea
>>
>>334663563
Anor Londo is tiny and has a total of 3 silver knights, a few deacons, and a bunch of blob creatures who can be completely avoided since they're so slow. The. You're at the boss door, which is far more annoying than anything else in the area.
>>
File: 1456142352393.jpg (20 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
1456142352393.jpg
20 KB, 480x451
>>334661028

You may well be baiting, but fuck you, the expression is "get a load"...

Swamp is best zone though, so you're not entirely lost.
>>
File: 1452927669074.png (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452927669074.png
23 KB, 500x500
>>334662651
Irithyll has enemies with patrol patterns and you can skip them, especially the one with 2 dancers and the fire mage, i never fought that mob once
>>
Most of the areas really. Swamp,catacombs, lake,demons ruins,illythill dungeons.

Pretty much over half the game is "that part".

Least replayable souls ever.
>>
>>334663657
Are they loud and unexpected? Yes.
Do they scare the pants off you? Yes.

They're jumpscares. It doesn't matter what they do in the game, they're primarily meant to shit you up in an area already filled with dread.
>>
>>334664532
Ya know what, I'm inclined to agree. I'm not even at the end of the game yet (Lothric Castle) and there's already a bunch of areas I'm dreading in a NG+ run. The game feels like it needs to lighten up a bit.
>>
>>334664771
>those red eye greatsword enemies

fucking fantastic fighting a blessed weapon greatsword knight with clerics for backup heals and greatshield spear fucks when they can one shot you with half of their attacks
>>
The game after Dancer boss turn into nightmare mode and becomes much harder
>>
>>334665845
Honestly there's three levels of difficulty in DaS3.

Cemetery of Ash - Cathedral of the Deep is stage #1
Farron Keep - Anor Londo is stage #2
Lothric Tower to End-game is stage #3
>>
>>334666312
I did cemetery of ash > farron > cathedral > carthus > irithyll > irythill dungeon >profaned > anor londo
>>
>>334663807
That sounds like your problem, fuck off.
>>
>>334664556
> They scare me :'(

Fuck off. I can't help it if you're a pussy,
>>
>>334662651
>then i'm out
Sure you are, bitch boy. Enjoy finishing the game.
>>
>>334662651
All you need to do is run and dodge those pyromancers. The part I had trouble with was the fucking entrance with the ballerina knights. All my of summons died every single time so I just said fuck it and ran to the bonfire. Everything after that was moderately difficult.
>>
>>334662347

the jailers is literally just if they are looking at you, you lose life. No secrets or gimmicks or tricks around it.
>>
>>334663563
Stay on the knights shield side. They will have trouble trying to hit you, and they are also staggered easy with a UGS.
>>
File: .jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1080
Least favorite was the dungeons.

Favorite is the dungeons.

Because I loved invading there. Tight cramp spaces, annoying HP drain enemies, and downright spooky.

Also pic related, occasionally became the benevolent invader helping those in need and killing other red invaders who think I'm on their side.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.