[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more based man in existence?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: CARMACK.jpg (2 MB, 1819x1866) Image search: [Google]
CARMACK.jpg
2 MB, 1819x1866
Is there a more based man in existence?
>>
No.
>>
File: photo of me.jpg (32 KB, 357x356) Image search: [Google]
photo of me.jpg
32 KB, 357x356
>>334655809
john romero
>>
File: download (15).jpg (6 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
6 KB, 191x263
>>334656046
>implying
What a complete and utter fucking hack. He was an average skilled level designer and nothing more
>>
>>334655809
If you turn and look at Carmack really quickly do his facial features have pop in?
>>
>>334656584
What?
>>
>>334656207
He designed the original DOOM's levels, they were pretty good.
>>
>>334655809

>he works for Facebook now

Breaks my heart really.
>>
>>334656704
Yah, like I said, he was average skilled level designer. Dooms level design was good, but nothing to write home about. Many of the community levels blow the vanilla levels out of the water.

Romero literally had nothing to do with the genius of doom. Carmack was who really made doom shine
>>
File: carmack btfo.jpg (178 KB, 799x1200) Image search: [Google]
carmack btfo.jpg
178 KB, 799x1200
reminder
>>
>>334656975
humanity is doomed
>>
>>334656975
Who's number one?
>>
>>334657048
i am guessing its steve cocksucker jobs
>>
>>334656975

We need to track down the writer of this list and castrate them
>>
Bernie Sanders.
>>
>>334658292
The faggot would have to have balls in the first place
>>
>>334657048

Honestly it probably should be Miyamoto. Regardless of his current development skills, the influence of his golden years will most likely be felt for the next hundred years at least. The Mario brand will probably outlive all of us.
>>
reminder that carmack took up rocket science just for the fun of it and founded an aerospace company until he was hired be facebook.
>>
>>334655809
After reading 'Masters of Doom', I pretty much decided to model my career around him. I changed to Computer Science and now run my own software business. So no, there is no more based man than him.
>>
>>334655809
bill gates looks really young there, when was this taken?
>>
>>334656975
Just because some journalism dropout ranked the fucking godfather of 3D graphics lower than a feminist youtube commentator doesn't mean it has any merit
>>
>>334656816
Facebook has plenty of computer science gods in their employ, Carmack is in good company
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.