[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I literally the only one who didn't hear about this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Quantum_Break_cover.jpg (70 KB, 432x469) Image search: [Google]
Quantum_Break_cover.jpg
70 KB, 432x469
Am I literally the only one who didn't hear about this game at all before it came out?
>>
probably because it isnt really a good game. the story is great but the gameplay is VERY generic even with the time powers
>>
I feel so bad for Sam lake. Hes stuck in the position of having to isolate his relatively niche fanbase in order to get a wider audience, making the game suck and end up being no good for anyone.
>>
>requires windows 10
hahaha, no thank you.
>>
>>334653809
Word around the street is the story is slow and boring.
>>
>>334653961
>word around the street
>>
>>334653961
>Word around the street
>>
>>334653263
Probably.

Of course, you're lying to start a shitposting thread, so this is irrelevant.
>>
>>334653263

It was at Microsoft's E3 when they showed off the Xbone, back when Microsoft was still trying to force it as an "all-in-one" machine, complete with TV gimmick. And Quantum Break is part video game and part TV show.

I wouldn't be surprised if Quantum Break was originally just a game, but Microsoft wanted them to incorporate TV bullshit. It suffered because of the Xbone's awful gimmick.
>>
All I knew of it was CIA guy looking like bane for a moment.
>>
>>334653961
i JUST played it. literally 20 minutes ago. the story is great and the pacing is good.
>>
I'm a huge fan of Remedy, and I couldn't find much to like in this game, story included. It was sloppily written and the gameplay actually felt shoehorned in. It gave me some serious Order 1886 vibes in the way it was presented. Story and cutscenes take priority, but when the story and cutscenes fail to deliver a compelling narrative then you're left with little more than a by the numbers TPS with too much boring plot bogging the whole experience down. If the shooting was the priority, it may have at least been somewhat entertaining while it lasts.
>>
They pushed it out the back door.

This was obviously a product of their retarded, awful, shortsighted attempt to make the xbone some kind of TV box. Their TV production stuff was a disaster and got shut down, so this game didn't really have a place. I imagine there was meant to be a full on series to accompany it instead of the terrible live action "cutscenes".
>>
I wonder if remedy will make games for PlayStation now
>>
>>334654776
If you remember its initial reveal, yes that was the plan. There'd be a full TV show supplementing the game portion.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>334653961
Beat it yesterday. I've become numb to most vidya stories but QB actually made me feel some legit feels. Was nice.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.