[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it okay when CDPR does it but wrong when BioWare does it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: freak.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
freak.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
Why is it okay when CDPR does it but wrong when BioWare does it?
>>
>>334648793
?
>>
>>334648793
Because it's literally a tutorial level quest and CDPR knows better than to put any sort of that shit in actual quests which matter.
>>
>>334649367
He's gay and he's talking about his love.
>>
>>334648793
I imagine he's only discussing it in the context of the quest whereas Bioware NPC's rely on it to be their entire fucking character.
>>
>>334648793
Doesn't Geralt ask him why he lives so far outside of the village?
That guy doesn't randomly bring up his sexuality for no reason.
>>
Because the key lies in the execution and the way CDPR did is not as shitty and cringeworthy as BioWare does it.

There are beloved characters out there that are actually gay and nobody hates them. Leonardo Da Vinci from the Ass Creed games or Ocelot from MGS for example.

The way BioWare does it fucking sucks and is wrong.
>>
>>334648793
because CDPR don't shove it down your throat
CDPR: "This character's gay, so what"
Bioware: "HEY GUYS LOOK I'M A TRANS MALE AND MY LEADER IS A PANSEXUAL, DIVERSITY AMIRITE"
>>
>>334649669
Oh.

Knowing CDPR, it wasn't forced like a Bioware game.
>>
because he suffered realistically considering the background culture
>>
>>334648793
you literally have to pressure the guy into telling you why he is living in exile

he comes out in a shameful way and feels like he is a sinner and abomination. Nothing forced, he's a fag and feels bad about it, in the world of the witcher, it's a bad thing.

If it were bioware, the second you engage him it would go "I'm the local hunter, I can help you while my husband is at home cooking dinner. Some people might think a man who lay with another man is wrong, but I can kill them and I love my husband so much, you aren't bad looking yourself, stud"
>>
Because you have to literally force him to tell you.

Nobody ever mentions that in Witcher 1, Azar Javed is a faggot having a relationship with the Professor. Or mentions the lesbian nurses.

Nobody ever mentions that Witcher 2 has a gay man; Dethmold, who you only find out is gay by doing Roche's path. Nobody ever mentions that Philippa is a lesbian unless you go Iorveths path.

The key is subtle. It isn't going "FIRST 100% GAY HOMOSEXUAL CHARACTER". It's making people who happen to be gay, but being gay doesn't define them.

Witcher 3 also has a guy who cross-dresses and wants to be a doppler, he is transracial.
>>
in that quest it's natural. geralt has to pry it out of him.
>>
>>334648793
>you have to push him for the info
>minor character
>it fits into the story, rather than being shoehorned in

nice try fag
>>
>>334648793
This nigga doesn't pull his cock out and swing around for attention. Instead he feel bad and Geralt has to talk with him to share his secret.
>>
Bioware would slip it in somewhere thinking they're clever but anyone else will think its fucking strange and unnatural to just bring up like that. Thats the difference between a good and bad writer.
>>
File: 1459713729325.gif (884 KB, 375x304) Image search: [Google]
1459713729325.gif
884 KB, 375x304
>>334648793
>Why is someone doing something in a good way not equivalent to someone doing something in a completely shitty way??!?!?
>Every attempt is equal and everyone is a special snowflake!
Fuck off back to your containment board.
>>
>>334648793
Because the hunter wasn't advertised as a "fully gay" character before release, he wasn't some shirtless hunk that constantly made sassy gay remarks.

Geralt brings up why he's there and he answers, it's not forced it's a natural part of conversation and we know this guy's sexuality doesn't define him as a person (what gay rights activists have said for the past approximately 10 billion years).
>>
File: TORCloneWars.jpg (51 KB, 892x560) Image search: [Google]
TORCloneWars.jpg
51 KB, 892x560
>>334648793
>CDPR
>Why are you living in exile?
>I won't tell you
>Pressure him into telling you
>I'm gay
>Feel immidiately sorry for pressuring him

>Bioware
>Hi I'm gay
>>
>>334650113
>azar javed is in a relationship with the professor

What the fuck where do you find this out?
>>
>>334648793

Man I miss Witcher 3. Blood and Wine better come soon...
>>
>>334648793

because CDPR doesn't have characters come out to you, without context, without reason and spout off how gay/transgender/demiromatic/otherkin they are

like hey, their characters are actually people and not SJW props

notice how none of geralt's responses to the gay hunter guy are 'OMG THE INJUSTICE WE SHOULD MARCH ON THE CAPITAL NOW AND DEMAND EQUAL RITES 4 TEH GAYS'
>>
best track in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hpbuiGSIII

it captures all christianity in a single tune
>>
>>334650802

Blood and Wine is pushed to 2018, cuck
>>
>>334651104

The Witcher universe is decidedly pagan European pre-Christian and polytheistic in its inspiration.
>>
>>334648793
>Every single discussion on this topic has plenty of people on /v/ says it's okay if it isn't shoved down your throat
>act surprised when it turns out they are speaking the truth and are okay with it when it's not shoved down your throat

newfag or just shitposting?
>>
>>334651104

>it captures all christianity in a single tune

you're not from europe, aren't you?
>>
>>334650113

The elf cross-dresser in Witcher 3 at Novigrad came across as pretty forced though

>implying a transgender character could live openly like that in a medieval dark age superstitious society where people are burnt at the stake for looking slightly different
>>
>>334651243

here's the reply you desperately crave, manchild
>>
>>334651513
He's not transgender, he just says he likes to pretend to be other people.
>>
Daily reminder that Arcade Gannon is the best written homosexual character out there.
>>
>>334648793
> 20 minutes into witcher 3 and some faggot is pushing his homolust in my face
> oh boy here we go
> never happens again in the entire game
Felt like I was being trolled
>>
>>334651446

He's probably a retarded Americuck who thinks that Christian = Europe and that Europe has been Christian since the day God created the Earth or something.
>>
>>334651629
Here's your (you)
>>
>>334651513

>I skipped through the dialogue
>>
>>334651627

yeah, nah
>>
>>334651601
not him but when i think about it he was a little too open

geralt walks in through the front door and this guy comes back in his dress and makeup talking very openly about how he does it in public, whereas the hunter in the OPs picture is seen as an outcast for being gay
>>
>>334648793
It's called good writing and being tasteful.
>>
>>334651695
it's got a werewolf joke
>>
>>334651751
Ones an Elf.
>>
>>334651751
Cities were always a den of decadence. Small rural societies are something else.

But yeah, I agree that it was a bit too forced. Still, a fun enough character, so I can't complain too much.
>>
>>334649606
phillipa eilhard is a giant dyke.
>>
>>334648793
Step 1: create a character
Step 2: give that character an interesting story and purpose
Step 3: Pick sexuality out of a fucking hat, make it non important unless pressed.

That's how you write a gay character. Bioware does this exactly backwards.
>>
File: drakengardmain.jpg (79 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
drakengardmain.jpg
79 KB, 600x338
>pic related's game's characters literally only talk about their kinks in the whole game
>people didn't say shit

oh well I guess if you're game is obscure enough then its no problem
>>
>>334651751
Geralt has to ask to see the woman before he does it. He starts out wearing men's clothing.

He probably keeps it fairly hidden, and slips into town every now and then. Besides, he's living in a nonhuman shanty outside of town. Humans already think he's a weird freak. This is just one more example.
>>
File: arcade.jpg (472 KB, 982x702) Image search: [Google]
arcade.jpg
472 KB, 982x702
Writing makes all the difference
>>
F L A C C I D
O
C
K
S
>>
>>334648793
CDPR:
>So why are you living this far away from the village? It's obviously not just because you're a hunter
>I don't want to tell you.
>Come on, tell me.
>I have a condition that made things awkward with me around
>Is it lycanthropy?
>No
>Come on man tell me, I can cure lycanthropy
>I was gay with the local government's dude
>Oh. Alright then, let's go find that griffin nest

Bioware:
>HEY DUDE I'M GAY
>Uh, good for you
>LET'S MAKE OUT
>I don't want to, I'm not gay
>YOU FUCKING HOMOPHOBE
>>
>>334652008
flacid focks?
>>
File: tfw4.png (17 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
tfw4.png
17 KB, 509x619
>>334651995

>you will never have a qt Gannon BF
>>
>>334651995
I wonder if he made for a good meal in my play through
>>
>>334651632

I guess so, same goes with byzantine culture that foreigners regard as turk-alike

I wish europe could unify in a single unity which preserves the value of each individual country and prevents outside interference.

But it's too late now isn't it
>>
>>334648793

Because CDPR had Geralt thinking he was a werewolf. It was both funny and poignant.

With Bioware it's LOOK EVERYONE THE FIRST FULLGAY CHARACTER EVER
>>
face it, people are only mad just because they're gay. if there's a hetero guy flaunting his sexual desires left and right people won't say shit
>>
>>334652154
Britexit soon, fellow Yuropoor. Denmark will be next, and after that, it'll all tumble down and we'll declare war on Germany and partition it like it should have been after WW1. The treaty of Versailles wasn't harsh enough.
>>
>>334649829
Yes, he only tells Geralt if you have him continue to ask why the guy was kicked out. If you choose not to ask then it's never brought up. Unlike Bioware were characters go out of their way to tell you they're gay.
>>
>>334651960
there is no expectations for weeb shit
>>
>>334652379

I don't know man, going to the old habit of fucking ourself over again and again doesn't look too appealing to me

can't we just fuck the rest of the world over, imperial- style
>>
>>334652379
The EU going to shit would probably lead to another similar (but diffrent), more exclusive organisation for the western/northern european states being formed. Probably more democratic aswell (the commission was a mistake), and with a more clear idea of how to protect its external borders.

Even then, I don't see the Brexit as very likely. Not impossible though.
>>
>>334652359
this thread proves that people aren't mad just because characters are gay, they are mad because it's wrongly executed
>>
>>334649929
>oh, well because it's CDPR and not Bioware obviously
>>
>>334652359
>if there's a hetero guy flaunting his sexual desires left and right people won't say shit
so, witcher 3?
>>
>>334653046
No, because if wasn't forced. Cdpr has actually good writers
>>
File: radovid.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
radovid.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
>>334651751
fireworks
>>
>>334650565
I seem to remember one of the cut scenes implied it or one of the journal entries. It was heavily implied he was gay.
>>
>>334654346
I've beaten the game several times, I don't remember anything of the sort.
>>
>>334651995
>you can flirt with him to get him to join you

l-lewd...
>>
>>334649918
you forgot
>THE VERY FIRST FULLY GAY CHARACTER I'VE EVER WRITTEN
>>
>>334653282
>Reason of State
>>
>>334653046
>Missing the point.
Here's another (you) for the collection. :^)
>>
>>334648793

It was subtle and I liked how they implemented it.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 1000x600
>>334653046
Have a (You)

You really need to move on, I know actual Witcherfags who aren't as obsessed with this series as you. Stick to Trissposting in that shithole general.
>>
>>334651513
Radovid sucks flaccid cock.
>>
>>334655808
>nitpick
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.