[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that the 3DS port of the DS port of a GBA series of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 1460851967903.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460851967903.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
Why is it that the 3DS port of the DS port of a GBA series of VNs that I played a decade ago are easily the most enjoyable thing I've played on my 3DS since I got it? Why is Ace Attorney so good?
>>
>>334648580
>Why is it that the 3DS port of the DS port of a GBA series of VNs that I played a decade ago are easily the most enjoyable thing I've played on my 3DS since I got it?

Because the Japanese only know how to program glorified slot machines now. Modern game development is just not possible with their current educational climate.
>>
>>334648580
it's a HD remaster of a DS port of a GBA series, get your facts straight
>>
>>334648904
But wasn't the 'HD' port the iOS version?
>>
>>334649091
both are, the artwork is redone for both 3DS and iOS
>>
>>334649294
So why does the reworked art look fantastic on 3DS and awful on iOS? Is the terrible resolution of the 3DS' screen actually working in its favour?
>>
>>334649557
because capcom is lazy, haven't you heard?
>>
>>334648580
Only thing I've been playing on my 3DS is Ace Attorney for the past few months. I just don't know why, either.
>>
>>334649774
Well, with AA6 being announced and the anime airing it's about as topical as ever.
>>
>>334650554
Haven't played AA5 yet, but that's because Apollo Justice turned me off big time. Been playing Mile Edgeworth's games for now.
>>
>>334650858
5 is overall a relatively weak entry but it hits the reset button on the dumber decisions in 4. It does somehow leave us in a position where Phoenix is a legend of the courtroom but also as bumbling as he was in 1-1 but getting into that issue opens up some much more serious topics.
>>
>>334648580
No, it's the 3DS port of the iOS port of the DS port of a GBA series, get it right.
And you haven't got good games yet.
>>
>>334651145
I've got a cracked N3DS. The only other game I've really enjoyed so far is the Ace Combat for the system, but it just had me wishing it was on more capable hardware.
>>
>>334651312
No one asked if you pirated shit on your 3DS, but you had to mention it, didn't you?
>>
>>334651408
The point I'm trying to make is that I have easy access to the system's library and so far at least not much of it has grabbed me.
>>
>>334651113
Well that's good to hear. Should I consider playing AA5 after Investigations or should I play Investigation 2 next beforehand?
>>
>>334651714
both are fun, and the order doesn't matter at all
>>
>>334651819
Great, I'll get to Investigations 2 next. Thanks.
>>
>>334651972
6 looks like it's going to be pretty good. A certain assistant is making her return and they seem to have found a relatively unique setup for the lawyering action.
>>
I downloaded the AA trilogy back in January and played all the games for the first time. Holy shit am I in love. I'm now in the middle of playing AAI, PLvPW, and AJ.
>>
>>334652220
I hope so. Will Capcom have a localization anytime soon? Shame we didn't get the great ace attorney
>>
>>334648580
speaking of ds are there any good pinball games on the eshop to look out for?

I was browsing the dsi stock but didn't see much just a bunch of G.G series games?
>>
>>334652502
Eventually, probably. 5 did way better than they expected.
>>
>>334652502
>>334653651
Localization was confirmed on day one, we never got a date though.
>>
>>334653647
Get Metroid Prime Pinball, it's fucking good.
>>
Original trilogy is legit my favorite series of games ever made. Can't deny the drop in quality that started with AJ though, especially freaking DD that I hated. The crossover was phenomenal though.

The anime is amazing though, literally what I've been wanting since I first played it back in 2008 when i was like 13. I laugh seeing all the cucks whine about it, it's' amazing.
>>
>>334653802
I hope it's soon, I don't want /jp/ spoiling shit for us.
>>
>>334648580
Because the overall quality of games has diminished.
>>
>>334654152
6 should be decent. I hope.
>>
>>334652273
It is a pretty wonderful series.
>>
>>334655882
i'm just hoping that the difference in quality is the same as the difference in quality between AAI and its sequel
>>
>>334656987
They have a grip on the current version of the setting as well as the technology they're now using, hopefully AA6 will be smoother for it.
Speaking of, how was Rise from the Ashes so polished and detailed? It was just meant to be a dry run for AJ.
>>
>>334657270
Having only one case to focus on instead of multiple must of helped development quite a bit.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.