[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyper Light Drifter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: hld.jpg (73 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
hld.jpg
73 KB, 620x413
Surprised I haven't seen more threads about this game, how are you guys liking it? It's definitely not as good as a Zelda game, but about as close as an indie game has come IMO. Has that very satisfying exploration.
Took me awhile to get used to the combat but I'm having a great time now. Going after the eastern boss at the moment.
>>
>Hyper Light Drifter
More like Hyper Cut Content
It was a good game but there was so much stuff that was scrapped it makes me feel like I didn't get to experience the full package
for example, your screenshot isn't in the game
>>
30fps
>>
>>334648201
Bu-buy the DLC!
>>
File: 1460941029171.jpg (75 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
1460941029171.jpg
75 KB, 620x413
where the fuck is the light even coming from
>>
>2D sprite based action game
>30 fps
>>
>>334649963
Who cares, real time lighting has never been taken into account for pixel shit games.
>>
>>334650074
That has nothing to do with real time lighting.
>>
>>334649963
Wew autism alert
>>
>>334648201
It's okay. Kind of easy. Visually confusing at times. Exploration part is not fun. Eaten inputs and frame drops below 30 FPS unless you have a supercomputer.
>>
>>334650426
It drops below 30?
How the fuck is that even possible, you have to try to code a 2d pixel game poor enough for that to happen
>>
indieshit
pixelshit
no content
sjw
low fps
kickstarter
>>
>>334650569
I don't know. My computer is 6 years old, but it can play Crysis 3 and Metro 2033 at an acceptable framerate, so take that as you will.
>>
>>334650569
>>334649332
>>334650006
Blame game maker. 30 fps doesn't bother me a lot of the time, but there are moments when I notice it. Hope this is fixed if there's ever a sequel, this game really deserves to be played at a high framerate.
>>
Pros:
I liked the decision to remove iframes on the dash, which actually forced you to think about your movement, instead of Cuck Souls dodge roll fest. The boss fights and most encounters were very satisfying. Generally combat system felt really well thought-out and balanced for a fair challenge.

Cons:
Its pixelshit. 30 fps pixelshit. Exploration is ass, feels unrewarding, and boils down to humping every wall to death. The story is non-existant, and the visual style is nothing to write home about apart from dead Evas lying everywhere.
>>
>>334648201
>its meh
>>
>>334650647
>sjw
Wat
Its furshit, though
>>
>>334650828
They added the iframes in a patch a few days ago, didn't they? I think I would probably just avoid updating if it were me, but I had already completed the game by then.
>>
>>334650647
Are you getting all the buzzwords out of the way so we can have a civil discussion about the game?
>>
>>334650736
makes more sense to blame the retarded dev for using game maker
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.