[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell does this game run so well? It looks great, loads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: ratchet.jpg (457 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ratchet.jpg
457 KB, 1920x1080
Why the hell does this game run so well? It looks great, loads quickly, and has no frame rate drops despite all the shit on the screen. There's a lot of other PS4 games that dont look as good that don't run nearly as well.

coughDS3cough
>>
Looks good plays good the music and weapon selection kinda suck though
>>
isn't it locked at 30?
>>
>>334647870
Sure, but for the PS4 its still impressive.
>>
A crack in time was better
>>
>>334647272
Lost some points from me for cutting original content. Makes me sad of how perfect it could have been if it was a proper remake and had better music.

8/10 overall
>>
File: 1429418789240.jpg (78 KB, 499x460) Image search: [Google]
1429418789240.jpg
78 KB, 499x460
>>334647978
>consolefags think a game having to cut its framerate in half is "impressive"
>>
>>334648627
I'd say it's a 6/10 as a stand alone game
and 2/10 as a remake
Good graphics and decent gameplay doesn't save it
>>
>>334647272
Because IG seems to be one of the very few studios that actually understands how to make the most out of hardware.
>>
>>334648912
Id say 8/10 at the minimum.
Biggest problem is the length and the story thats just kind of...there.
>>
>>334648748
I rather have a constant frame rate.
>>
>>334650028
So? What does that have to do with anything? I'm not saying they should unlock it and have it jump between 40 and 60, I'm saying that it's incredibly stupid to say a game's performance is "impressive" when they're forced to lock it at 30 fps
>>
>>334649979
>Shit guns
>Shit level design
>Shit music
>Shit dialogs (Also they never shut up)
>Shit character redesign
>Shit animation
>Generic story with plot holes everywhere
>Shit Insomniac museum
>Removed a ton of details from the original
>Remove a lot of content from the original too
>Looks good
>Can strafe
>>
>>334650440
No.
>>
>>334650440
>Removed a ton of details from the original
>Remove a lot of content from the original too
why would you restate the exact same point one after the other
>Can strafe
are you retarded, how is this bad
>>
>>334650440
>Shit level design
But most of the levels are just from the first game expect quartu and the deplanetizer gaspar is just bigger
>>
>>334650624
There's a huge different between removing weapons and planet(content) and removing unique ammo box for each weapon to put a generic sphere(details)
>>
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.