[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the Kaioken is back, what are some games with a power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 699579-583527_20051114_009[1].jpg (110 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
699579-583527_20051114_009[1].jpg
110 KB, 768x576
Now that the Kaioken is back, what are some games with a power multiplier technique that gets stronger the more you use it?
>>
You posted the best one
>>
>>334642961
I don't think many games have skills that get stronger the more you use them. Sometimes there's weapons that get stronger as you get more kills with it.
>>
>>334642961
Disgaea
>>
Overdrive in Xenoblade X

>>334643393
I think the Muramasa is one of them in Symphony of the Night
>>
>>334642961
Tales I guess
Nothing as impressive as Kaioken.
>>
File: Kaio-ken times 50.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Kaio-ken times 50.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
Don't stop yelling until the other guy can't touch you.
>>
How come King Kai didn't teach anyone else the Kaioken and the spirit bomb
>>
try to get your combat multiplier even higher
>>
>>334643812
Because they're shitty fighters and couldn't handle it.
>>
In Warframe your damage increases as you chain melee hits. You can mod it so that your crit chance increases as well, and so that the time you have to continue the combo between hits is extended.
>>
>>334643812
>Kaioken
Idk
>Spirit bomb
I think that was because none of the people there were pure like Goku.
>>
>>334643812
Spirit Bomb requires it's users to be pure of heart and most DBZ characters don't fit the bill. As for Kaioken, it's very hard to master
>>
File: 1420422401481.jpg (7 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
1420422401481.jpg
7 KB, 223x226
>>334642961
Chain attacks in Xenoblade Chronicles
>Tfw X8 Sword Drivin' or X8 max debuff multiplayer Say Sorryin'
>>
Would Final Sprint from Trillion:God of Destruction count? It's a passive ability you can learn. It reduces your stats at the start of a battle but increases it by 2% every turn.

And it will keep increasing until you hit 999 for all stats. Basically as long as you survive long enough you're the strongest ever.
>>
There are some games that had abilities or equipment that see your character get stronger the lower their health gets.
>>
>>334644094
>I think that was because none of the people there were pure like Goku.

>>334644096
>Spirit Bomb requires it's users to be pure of heart and most DBZ characters don't fit the bill.

Krillin holds and uses it though he just doesn't make it. Both him and Tien at least should have been able to use it. As for Kaioken, by the Frieza saga everyone of them are as strong as base Goku was when he learned Kaioken.
>>
Goku is the chosen one.
>>
>>334644545
berserker's rage from shadow warrior and nerd rage from the fallout series are the only ones I can think of.
>>
>>334644807
>Both him and Tien
Tien wasn't always a good character and Krillin is still harbors some selfishness and jealousy. He's also a low level pervert.
>>
>>334644807
Krillin never trained with King Kai, right?

And Tien doesn't need the Kaio-ken draining his energy because he can already fully weaponize it with Tri-Beams.
>>
>Watching niggerbaby's first anime
shaking my head to be quite honest my family
>>
>>334644807
Its funny how Vegeta will forever get blown out by Goku because he just gets stronger instead of learning new techniques. Having Kioken on top of god mode is almost as broken as Instant Transmission. Vegeta could also benefit from learning Solar Flare or something tactical.
>>
>>334645345
I just remembered the abridged series when Tien stopped Semi- Perfect Cell.

"And then TRICLOPS shows up and says, 'Well I'm just gonna turn triangles into fuckin' squares!'"
>>
File: BILL.jpg (45 KB, 705x590) Image search: [Google]
BILL.jpg
45 KB, 705x590
>>334645794
>"And then TRICLOPS shows up and says, 'Well I'm just gonna turn triangles into fuckin' squares!'"
How do they manage to stay this good after so many episodes?
>>
>>334645068
Morion Blade + Clever Rat's Ring in Demon's Souls. Hypermode probably wasn't an intentional mechanic but it's fucking satisfying to use.
>>
>>334646169
No, it was intentional. What was not intentional was Cursed Weapon+Talis of Beasts and push spamming with an enchanted weapon
>>
>>334643691
was it really that strong?

for such a shitty ability you learn in Ramnza 1st job I didn't think it'd be that useful later on
>>
>>334646158
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9g-0d7BK0
>>
>>334643870
Doesn't it return to normal?

Tension was fucking shit anyway. Bloody waste of turns
>>
>>334644807
If I remember right the problem with Kaioken was that it was very easy for you to just burn yourself to death with it
I'd imagine the stronger your energy the harder it is to restrain
>>
>>334646414
>>334646158
>>334645794
You are now aware that a triangular drill is used to make square holes
>>
>>334643812
>How come Goku didn't teach anyone else the Instant Transmission?
Oh wait
he taught Kid Buu and Perfect Cell
>>
>>334646385
If you get to that fight with Ramza too weak you can keep using Yell until Ramza's so fast he can run up, attack, and run back out of range before Wiegraf can get a turn.
>>
>>334642961
>a callback technique
and i thought toriyama was going senile, still mad that he forgot about l(a)unch though
that episode with cabba vs vegeta made me feel like there was some heart and soul still left in toriyama. almost teared up like a bitch
>>
>>334648387
That episode got me a bit too. Thats pretty cool Vegeta. I liked how Vegeta liked that he got to pretend to be a bad guy again to better someone else.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.