[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenoblade thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: xenobladechronicles_000.jpg (36 KB, 624x350) Image search: [Google]
xenobladechronicles_000.jpg
36 KB, 624x350
http://www.destructoid.com/xenoblade-director-most-of-the-movies-tv-dramas-novels-and-games-i-pick-up-are-made-in-the-west--327609.phtml

>Takahashi noted that the next project (which is assumed to already be underway) will be "pretty different [from Xenoblade Chronicles X]," and that he likes to "keep creating things with different approaches."

>"B-but, it will b-be a sequel, I swear on me mum!"

Next game will be another what-Xenoblade-is-XenobladeX situation. Basically set in a new universe with a new cast & a new scenario. Ain't nobody got time for sequels.
>>
That's fine, so long as it's good. We got what, 200+ hours from the original Xenoblade? It was a big game, satisfying enough on its own.
>>
What if it's a new IP?
>>
>>334640597
Did Takahashi ever do the same thing over and over? XC and XCX are completely different games even though hey use pretty much the same formula
>>
>>334640597
>Next game will be another what-Xenoblade-is-XenobladeX situation. Basically set in a new universe with a new cast & a new scenario. Ain't nobody got time for sequels.
Well yeah, he tried a grand series before twice and got screwed by Square and Namco.
Can't blame the guy.
>>
>>334641917
Nintendo pretty much let's him do what he wants. The only keeping him from reaching his true potential is that nintendo's hardware is not that powerful. The guy had to cut stuff out from XCX because of fukcing storage space
>>
Xenoblade and Xenogears were never suppose to be set in the same world, retard.
>>
>>334642190
No he had to compress stuff because of that, the game originally needed two disks because of uncompressed textures and audio.
>>
>>334640597

Xenoblade X's ending was a big fuck you so I expect the next one to be a sequel. If not, I'll probably not order it on day one to avoid further fuck yous.
>>
File: 1459901484518.gif (675 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1459901484518.gif
675 KB, 480x270
>All that world-building
>All those intentional loose threads and cliffhangers
>thrown out the window

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>334642340
He's probably going to cream himself making a game for the NX after making games for the Wii and Wii U.
>>
>>334642312
pretty sure they are. just millenia apart time-wise
>>
>>334642560
Why? Disc sizes aren't going to get bigger.
>>
>>334642607
Xenoblade is only called Xeno- because it's a tribute.
>>
>>334640597
>it'll be pretty different

that totally means they're not going to make a sequel
>>
>>334642643
That's why Shulk shares Fei's jumping animation. That's why the whole people turning into telethia thing really resembles when most of the people on the planet turned into wels
>>
>>334642607
Xenoblade was called Monado before Iwata got involved. Never was a Xeno game hence the lack of Mechs(outside of Face Mechon)
>>
File: 1434130379591.png (465 KB, 619x481) Image search: [Google]
1434130379591.png
465 KB, 619x481
If the third game has everything that each game excelled in I'd be fine with them chucking X's cliffhangers out the window.
>>
The world of Xenoblade X was really great and apparently only a fraction of the stuff Takahashi wrote was used in the game. I want some kind of novel or other kind of story to expand on it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.