[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes mother so popular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: motherlikes.png (3 MB, 2296x2176) Image search: [Google]
motherlikes.png
3 MB, 2296x2176
What makes mother so popular?
>>
>>334633034
Hipsters
>>
>>334633034
It was in smash. Wouldn't be nearly as popular otherwise
>>
Omori looks cool
>>
Citizens of Earth was such fucking shit.
>>
>>334633464
Smash is basically a gateway to many Nintendo franchises
>>
>>334633540

Can you explain why? Haven't played it.
>>
it's "quirky"
>>
It was kinda different and sort of weird RPG that stood out from its peers during its era, so many people remember it fondly.
>>
>>334633034
Because the copied the formula of undertale. I remember playing mother for the first time last week and within 10 minutes I realized Nintendo ripped off undertale.
>>
Even though I thought EB was shit and Mother 3 was painfully average I liked Undertale a lot.

I think it's just because the gameplay was more up my alley and the soundtrack was GOAT, because I mean the story wasn't something that had me deeply gripped or anything.

Can't say I've played anything else on that image in the OP and I can definitely say none of it (besides maybe Lisa) looks interesting at all.
>>
>>334633476
It's a very misleading cover, the game looks like garbage
>>
hipster poser faggots who saw a lets play and thinks mother is the best game because the lets player said it so
>>
>>334633034
>Knuckle Sandwich
>that nose

drawing noses like that should be a crime
>>
>>334633034
Fuck you for reminding me Y2K exists.
>>
>>334633602
>trying way too hard to be quirky, majority of jokes fall flat
>about six voice actors for 40+ characters and it shows
>party characters recruited through tedious fetch quests
>only the protagonist has any character development
>very few recruitable characters have a skill that comes in handy, most are single use puzzle solutions while few do things like provide fast travel
>shit music
>combat is slower than Earthbound
>too many enemies spawn
>excessive loading screens every time you move through rooms, even after the patch
>final boss tries to be a "twist" but fails because it was so blatant from the start
>tries to pull off the "everybody prays for the hero" shit Mother did, but the moment is literally ruined by the loading screens

Here's the final battle. Not like there's anything to spoil since the plot doesn't go anywhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_fCSKSIZU0&t=8m56s
>>
>>334634662

are you surprised the kinds of people that like earthbound would draw noses like that
>>
>>334633540
It runs really badly, the battle system is incredibly tedious and slow, tons of boring quests, game is janky and buggy, the graphics are super busy and painful to look at, story sucks, etc
It's just not a very good game, it feels like the textbook case of wannabe mother clone that is far worse in evey conceivable way.
>>
>>334634810
Whats wrong with it?
>>
>>334634828
>literally ruined by the loading screens
>not the shit voice acting
>>
>>334635001
>people that like earthbound
do they really like it or they pretend to like it?
>>
>>334635096
>Lulrandumb humor
>Terrible music
>Looks like shit
>Battle minigames take way too goddamn long
>Characters are garbage
>Takes place in the 90s through the lens of someone who never grew up in the 90s and doesn't know what it was like

It's an awful hipster game. Watch the trailers, you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>334635530
>>Takes place in the 90s through the lens of someone who never grew up in the 90s and doesn't know what it was like

But the devs did grow up in the 90s...
>>
File: 1377184228611.jpg (27 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
1377184228611.jpg
27 KB, 320x400
>>334633034
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKvDypy1Mrw
>numale the game
>something that calls itself postmodern
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.