[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Good, the Bad, the Ugly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: uncomfy.jpg (62 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
uncomfy.jpg
62 KB, 640x360
Dark Souls III
>title

List em and why.
>>
>>334628179
>the good
The level design
>the bad
the covenants
>the ugly
the community
>>
>Good
Enemy design, some creative shit

>Bad
Pontiff is the worst boss in vidya

>Ugly
My game randomly switches what item I have selected, always to ember specifically. I also have had enemy attacks phase right through me and not deal damage. Also the Shmaiden in Shlack is the worst fire keeper so far, she's so fucking boring.
>>
>Good
Looks pretty in some places.
>Bad
Enemies have too long of combos.
>Ugly
From decided to meme too hard, and make almost every chest a mimic, gets pretty annoying. Haven't fallen for any of them yet but still annoying.
>>
>the good
bosses are actually half-decent this time around

>the bad
Literally does nothing new with the formula

>the ugly
Catacombs and Smoldering Lake
>>
>the good
level design and bosses are on point
>the bad
game feels like one big reference to the souls series and fails to have any real identity of its own
>the ugly
it's too much bloodborne and not enough dark souls, magic and pvp/covenants feel like an afterthought and the gameplay mostly seems encourage fast melee weapons and abusing iframes
>>
>good
Exploration

>bad
The summoning changes. See ugly.

>the ugly
The pvp system is utterly fucked. Hosts have at least 2 v 1 odds against invaders, not counting that they're still able to use all their items. More often than not it's 3 v 1 though. Being an invader is absolutely pointless. And by proxy being a blue sentinel is absolutely pointless. There needs to be a rebalancing to prevent host cheesing. Give hosts an advantage, sure. But that doesn't mean put invaders in a completely implausible position.
>>
File: 1357211308434.gif (873 KB, 425x252) Image search: [Google]
1357211308434.gif
873 KB, 425x252
>>334628179
>the good
bosses
level design
art design

>the bad
too much fanservice

>the ugly
armor clipping
>>
>>334628179
>good
bosses
music

>bad
pvp

>ugly
haven't noticed too much ugly stuff yet. a few hours in
>>
>>334628179
>Good
Player movement, level design
>Bad
Heavy weapons, NPCs seemingly die without warning, rings locked behind NG+, no gear has passive effects
>Ugly
Weapon scaling, no infusion on half the weapons, covenants

Dark Souls 2 did way better in terms of weapon upgrading and armor effects
>>
>>334628179
>Good
There are no areas on par with Lost Izalith, the game doesn't shit itself after a certain point.
>Bad
Covenants
>Ugly
Familiar, I hope their next game is noticeably different.
>>
World
>not connected like in DaS
>warping, cutscenes etc to get to/from areas, similar to DaS2/DeS
>linear progression, typically follows an area -> boss -> area -> boss progression, can't skip most areas to come back later
>new players can't get lost, experienced players can't make use of knowledge to get to places quickly

Worst of both world solution. Lacks the artistry of Dark Souls and has none of the benefits provided by the Das2/DeS ability to warp anywhere.

Combat
>poise is non existent
>enemies have 0 poise normally and infinite poise while attacking
>mixture of BB speed and DaS2's floaty, weightless animations for attacks and movement

Combat feels boring. Enemy attacks can't be stopped and they'll go into a hyper armor attack after you hit them twice. Since you can't poise through hits, all combat turns into wait, attack, attack, roll, repeat.

Builds
>all types of magic do shit damage
>weapon scaling is trivial
>larger weapons are slower without much more damage
>slower weapons are always inferior to faster weapons
>items are capped, so bow/crossbow builds are crippled
>poise being broken means str weapons which used to be good for stunlocking now have no reason to exist
>all the fun DaS2 stuff like dual wielding is gone

Build diversity sucks. Even if you want to do a certain build you might be prevented by the linear world as many weapons/spells/armor sets don't come till late.

The lore is all rehashed shit and callbacks, there's almost nothing new and no reason for this game to exist, it's a boring 6/10 nothing game that no one would care about if it didn't have "Dark Souls" in the title.
>>
>>334628179
>Good
+Game looks good, some areas like the Cathedral are really cool to look at (playing through is a different matter)
+Weapons no longer made out of cardboard
+Some pretty fun boss fights
+Co-op is easier than ever

Bad
-Unless you mash the attack button like crazy the game really punishes you. Armor and shields are kind of useless now and magic is borderline useless on it's own.
-Some really atrocious areas like Farron Keep, Irithyll Dungeon, Lothric Castle and King's Garden
-Scaling really sucks, and some weapons are way weaker than they ought to be (looking at you, Claymore)
-NPC questlines are downright cryptic
-Material distribution is really weird, at the start of the game you rarely get a titanite shard, and by the end you're practically drowning in them. Some fusion gems only drop like ONCE per playthrough

Ugly
-Too much recycled shit. Why is Smough's armor in the game? Why are Andre, Patches and totally-not-Maiden-in-Black and totally-not-Crestfallen-Warrior-IV in Firelink-but-really-Nexus?
-Teleporting from the start and leveling up at Firelink are totally unnecessary. I don't care about your waifufaggotry, she's not fucking real, get over it
-Xbox prompts on PC for the THIRD TIME
>>
>>334630451
>There are no areas on par with Lost Izalith

I'd take Lost Izalith over Smouldering Lake any day of the week. In fact I'd take Lost Izalith over Cathedral of the Deep, Irithyll Dungeon and Farron Keep any day of the week
>>
>>334630831
cathedral was god tier son don't talk shite
>>
>>334628179

>the good
gameplay, level design
>the bad
Blue sentinels still don't have a blueeye orb even though from must have known how much the current system failed in Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>334630898
The only part about the Cathedral I enjoyed was the boss fights, and that's because it was different from the others (despite it being basically Royal Rat Vanguard but not shitty)
>>
>>334630569
This pasta already tastes stale.
>>
File: 1455749946185-b.gif (2 MB, 540x348) Image search: [Google]
1455749946185-b.gif
2 MB, 540x348
>>334630569
Dude you literally just posted this 8n another thread. I agree with you a bit but are you seriously this fucking butt mad about it?

>pic related is you in every souls thread
>>
Pontiff is seriously the worst boss in the series, if this what the Souls games are going to turn into I'd prefer the series end here. Lest Miyazaki keeps sipping that meme koolaid and makes shit difficult the sake of being difficult.
>>
>the good

Its better than DeS

>the bad

Its worse than BB

>the ugly

its worse than DaS2
>>
File: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (62 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
62 KB, 300x360
>Red Dead Redemption

Let's go faggots
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.