[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass Effect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Even after nearly a decade, I still think the treatment Bioware gave Saren is fucking retarded.

>he was a loyal soldier along with his family
>he's convinced by the council and everyone else that the humans are a threat that must be dealt with
>he fights humans, loses friends, loses family, gets irreparable emotional damage
>the council suddenly decides, nah, forget it, humans are cool, and he sees the people that murder his family basically being treated even better than harmless species that have been with the citadel for decades
>his mind snaps and he turns against his government
>instead of at the very least redeeming him he gets put down like a fucking dog, despite the fact that this man was basically a hero that got fucked by the system

I mean, in many ways, he could've been Garrus. Except you would've gotten him starting with the second game, once you redeemed him in the first one - maybe it could've been a main Renegade difference since a Paragon would've sucked the Council's dick and put him in prison or something.

But what the fuck was the point of establishing him as this broken victim of the war and the Council's machinations in the first book, if they were going to completely ignore everything and treat him as a generic monster in the first game?

He was a mentally unstable war hero that needed help, not some crazed maniac that needed to be put down.

But instead we get Garrus as a companion because he ALSO HAS DADDY ISSUES. BECAUSE EVERY CHARACTER IN THESE FUCKING BIOWARE GAMES HAS DADDY ISSUES.

And don't get me wrong, I love Garrus. But Saren was a missed opportunity. I'm still salty about it.
>>
The books are retroactive bullshit.

A sad attempt to showhorn an authors super special themes into a video game series which doesn't know how to handle it.
>>
>>334627858

I read one of the books. What a horrible mistake I made.
>>
I feel you man, shooting up the Council with Saren would've been great if he hadn't fell for the indoctrination meme.
>>
>>334627683
lol fag
>>
Is it ever explained why half his face is metal?
>>
File: 1452158593593.gif (3 MB, 406x300) Image search: [Google]
1452158593593.gif
3 MB, 406x300
>>334627858

>retroactive

But the book came out way before the first game, anon...
>>
Such is life.
>>
>>334629474
A half-life
>>
>>334627683
I hope they have a relative of Saren as a squad mate in Andromeda. And there to try and clear the family name.
>>
>>334628183
He got "improved" by Sovereign.
>>
>>334630721
Isn't Andromeda set like 2000 years in the future?
Shit is going to be so bad I can't wait to laugh.
>>
>>334631064

KotOR is set thousands of years before the movie timeline and yet has more advanced tech.

So yeah....

Sci-fantasy is shit in general, and the passing of time isn't saying much. 4 years, 4000 years, 400000000000 years, it's all the same shit .
>>
>>334627683
The Council didn't know about the Turians attacking the humans, the Turians took it upon themselves to enforce laws that the humans were not bound to in the most violent manner possible without letting the other Council races know.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.