[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the corpse has decomposed, what went so horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Dark Souls 2.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 2.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Now that the corpse has decomposed, what went so horribly wrong? This doesn't even feel like a Souls game compared to 1, 3, BB, and Demon's.
>>
It's my brother's favorite.

He's an older man that doesn't really browse internet forums and shit like that but he always manages to have the opposite opinion of what's mostly accepted. It's uncanny. You can't even can him a contrarian faggot because he really doesn't know what people think.
>>
>>334624770
Barely had any development time.
>>
>>334624770
Bad enemy placement, excessive reliance on overwhelming you as opposed to pressuring you, roll as a stat, hit boxes unironically being hit or miss, auto tracking magnet enemies, weird level flow with unclear direction for advancing.
>>
It was padded with shit content.
>>
>>334624926
>people can make decision for themselves without listening to peers

woah.. so this is what a normal, functioning human being is like
>>
>>334624770

360 No Scope enemies = mmo
>>
Platinum in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and Bloodborne reporting in. Played every game at release, and Dark Souls 2 is obviously the weakest in the series. Only /v/ contrarian faggots say otherwise.

>B-Team had to scrap their project halfway through development and had to rush to remake it
>B-Team directors didn't fully understand what Miyazaki was going for
>B-Team was afraid to tread on established Souls lore which makes the game feel incredible disconnected story-wise, as well as reusing the past endings making the story of the first game feel pointless.
>B-Team directors bought into the publisher's "THIS GAME IS SO HARD" marketing
>>
At some point during design, somebody asked what could be done to increase the challenge of combat while simultaneously not becoming unfairly punishing. They probably looked at the combat of Dark Souls and noticed that many people turtled behind their shields.

Rather than nerfing shields they figured out a clever solution to make the turtlers adapt a bit and increase their situational awareness: multiple enemies. You could still tank hits from the front but enemies behind you would force you to move around and avoid attacks more often.

This change, combined with the camera and lock-on system they didn't want to let go of, ultimately resulted in players taking more unfair damage than they'd like. So they added lifegems to compensate for the problem. Farmable healing items weren't really a good fit for Dark Souls though, and the encounter design suffered because of it.
>>
I like it
>>
>>334624770
Contrarian fag here.
While I agree it is a weak entry overall it has my favorite story. The simple fallen kingdom with its old-ballad-type heroes and villains is simplistic, but in its own way it is graceful.
Also while its monster designs suck major ass, the design of some of the human enemies and bosses are way better than anything the other games brought out. I'm referring to Velstadt, Ivory King, Giant Lord, Raime, and especially Allonne.
Also, the design for the tree giants is fucking badass and you can't tell me otherwise.
>>
>>334624770
they really should have patched out soul memory and enemy perma death.

an option to use the original enemy layouts would be nice to. like ive got it on ps4 now, but im stuck with the remixed enemy placements unless i go play ps3 version.
>>
>>334624770
I felt the same way. A few years later, I played Scholar and loved it. I don't even know specifically what they "fixed", but SotFS as a whole (including the DLC) is my favorite of the series. That may change when I finally beat ds3 (at Lothric Castle atm)
>>
>>
>>334625009
This is really it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.