[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/. I wanna get gud. Pic related. I suck at this game, have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Hey /v/. I wanna get gud. Pic related. I suck at this game, have to play on easy currently. Any tips? Except buff myself, I already do that obviously.

Please, I don't wanna finish it on easy, it feels cheap.
>>
>>334617764
Maybe some more info...

I'm in Flotsam, fucking beasts in the woods keep killing me :(
>>
I assume you're playing Dark Mode right.
Go swordsmanship tree if it is your first time playing.

Pick parry, it is useful only for humanoids though and later on in the game.

Pick the skill that reduces the damage you take when hit from behind and also the one that extends your roll.

Also buy and read tomes about monsters you have to fight to increasr your proficiency against them and also to make them drop more stuff. Farm for the dark mode armor to make it ez mode.
>>
>>334617764
use quen
>>
>>334619341
>dark mode

Uh, no idea? Maybe?

Parry seems rather weak though, already have it.

And quen fades pretty quickly. Maybe I just need to practice :I
>>
Quen, short light combos, sword tree best tree.
Upgrade your shit often and use oils.
>>
In flotsam you're mostly fighting Endregas and Nekkers.

endregas are easy, Igni helps a lot. Jusr dodge their charges and try to hit them from behind.
>>
Nekkers drop like crazy against bombs, Endrega are easy against Yrden or Quen.
>>
>>334617764
Roll, roll a lot.
>>
>watch a playthrough on the hardest difficulty
>???
>profit
>>
>>334619674
Don't bother using quen against flotsam mobs. It stops your regeneration.

Buy books on enemies and read them, use the suggested oils and signs.

You can't parry monsters, just roll behind them and hit them from behind. Parry is only useful later on in act 2.
>>
Good advice already. Any tips regarding Geralts health? He seems rather squishy, but maybe that's the point? More dodging, more parrying?

>>334619979
I don't wanna spoil it :I
>>
>>334620005
>quen stops regeneration

What. I didn't know that. That explains some of my fails.
>>
>>334620039
If you're having too much trouble then start brewing Swallow and take one before fights.
But yeah, dodge like crazy with Quen and you're pretty much set.
>>
File: LGGeNlT.jpg (41 KB, 592x409) Image search: [Google]
LGGeNlT.jpg
41 KB, 592x409
>>334617764
I like the combat and I've beat the game on dark twice

Make your #1 priority not letting monsters behind you, backstab is ridiculous, just keep rolling until you have a good position

Yrden is great against single/double targets, because the disable is quite long such that you can get behind them and heavy attack, or freeze one and deal with the other

Drink potions, use oils, use whetstones etc., pre fight prep is key

Best signs other than Yrden are Aard and Quen.
>>
>>334620289
Alright, thanks. Guess I'm gonna try my luck with quen and dodging.

>>334620313
Yeah, backstab on Geralt fucks him up pretty quickly I noticed...

Also never used Yrden because I thought it's shitty.
>>
File: 1459916439321.jpg (18 KB, 480x426) Image search: [Google]
1459916439321.jpg
18 KB, 480x426
>>334619674
>:I
>>
>>334620591
Don't be autistic anon.
>>
>>334620313
Btw, can I use whetstones and oils simultanously?
>>
Beaten it on dark mode twice, insanity once.
For groups make some samum or zerrekanian sun, I prefer the latter. Stun bombs are really strong. Against shielded opponents use riposte.

Other than that, Quen and rolling are your best friends. I ended up not bothering with potions on dark mode except for some specific bosses (in particular the operator).
>>
>>334620836
Alright, use bombs....

Maybe I should create some then.

I guess pre fight prep really is key.
>>
Yes you're squishy, there's nothing you can do about that. Sword tree generally makes you more durable.

If you are getting instagibbed then chances are you're taking hits from behind, so level up the skill that makes you take the same dmg from the back as the front.

Sword is the most reliable tree. Alch is the strongest potentially if you farm the right mutagens (but potion duration runs down even during cutscenes, combined with not being able to chug potions on the fly without meditating, combined with some areas not letting you meditate due to enemy proximity kinda ruins it unless you know what you're doing.

Signs build is stupidly strong too, except for that one part in Act 2 that forces you to fight physically so if you didn't get at least parry you'd be fucked (it's doable though, just difficult).

One easy way to fight humanoids in Flotsam swamp is to deactivate and pick up a number of the traps that litter the swamp entrance there are like over 20. You can set and arm them and they make some fights like against the elves trivial.
>>
>>334620774
If both buff timers appear simultaneously then yes, they are stacking.
>>
Sword tree is pretty much the most straightforward one, Alchemy is pretty strong if you know what you're doing.
Sign tree is pretty meh since melee is almost always effective and Heliotrope takes way too long to charge.
>>
>>334621135
So...yes? I haven't tried yet, so I'm not sure.

>>334621106
Yeah, I always rolled away from enemies when I had like 1/2 life and then they rekt me with backstabs. Sucks.

>>334621413
Alrighty, Sword tree it is.
>>
Sign tree is amazing late game, heliotrope is damn near useless. You get so many sign charges and regen is super fast.

You just run through enemies blasting them with Igni nonstop. Easier than sword imo.
>>
>>334621919
even better if you use aard, honestly. the instant kill chance in 1 and 2 are fucking great.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.