[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyper Light Drifter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: HLD.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HLD.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
so I beat Hyper Light Drifter

can someone tell me what the fuck happened at the end? what are the different drifters? what the fuck is up with the dog? what was with the water?
>>
it is up to interpretation, which is good
>>
>>334597975
I mean I definitely enjoyed it, and I appreciate the bizarre nature of it plus all the art and >implications

but I'm just left with some questions... I suppose I'll just delve into ng+ or new game alt and fuck around, or try and find a translation for those tablets

really good game, still feels like it needed some polish but I guess the devs keep patching it
>>
>>334598090
https://www.reddit.com/r/hyperlightdrifter/

this and steam discussions, lots of theories
>>
>>334598236
I'm coming across those now as I'm googling, fascinating shit with the heart machine kek I see what they did there
>>
There's a massive story 'analysis' on the steam guides. IMO it was just massive speculation.

The game's up to interpretation, though I think it's a little over the line in that respect.

What did you think gameplay wise? I thought it was a great melt of Zelda, souls, metroid etc, though I found the bosses pissed me off majorly.
>>
>>334598525
gameplay-wise I thought it was very tight, in spite of that no i-frames was kind of jarring and the 30 FPS cap was a disappointment - felt like alttp or something but with more focus on fast combat than treasure/upgrades, good balance between melee and ranged, good flow, decent enemy interactions/telegraphs (some bugs and stunlocks aside), etc

the bosses didn't piss me off too bad but facing the one in the west, first and without any upgrades or guns, was kind of a mistake... though by the end I was starting to welcome challenges, the arena took me like 4 hours to get through because of the RNG spawns not that it wasn't worth it for the cosmetic

what I REALLY wanted more of were those southern bosses, especially the archer and the scythe wielder
>>
relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgRe79q2tzo
but by nature it's all fan theories
>>
File: staby.webm (42 KB, 140x160) Image search: [Google]
staby.webm
42 KB, 140x160
I hadn't see one of these, so here's a victory stab webm for any of your needs.
I haven't beaten the game yet, but I've done 3 bosses, and they did piss me off, but it never felt like it was any fault but my own. The controls are pretty tight.
>>
>>334601802
I fucking love games that have a victory flourish, like LoZ Twilight Princess did this too with the sheathing animation, and this made it feel REALLY satisfying after you cleared a hard room or a boss - so you've done the east, north, and west bosses?

I'd have recorded so many little moments from my playthrough if "AMD Gaming Evolved" aka Raptr using Plays.tv hadn't suddenly become apparently incompatible with my shit after an update (crashing games on startup, not playing nice with any other overlays or hooks like steam or rtss/msiab, completely losing the ability to capture any game under any circumstance after uninstalling and reinstalling drivers)... or if I had waited and gotten over my laziness to set up whatever fork of OBS it is that lets me use VCE
>>
>>334602281
Sometimes those flourishes feel kind of empty for me, but this is just the best.
Yep, those are the ones. Started it late due to school, and haven't had much time because of finals.
It didn't occur to me to record anything until I deliberately wanted to get this and the only thing I could find was shitty tumblr gif, now I'm regretting not doing it earlier. OBS is really fast to install dude, it shouldn't be that difficult to try out some different versions to find one that works.
>>
>>334603108
last time I tried, if I wanted hardware encoding on my AMD card I had to use a (sort of buggy) custom fork someone made... looks like the new "studio" version might have that built in though, so I'll give that a try

I kind of wish you could just do that on demand, like the only d-pad options you get are sitting when you press down, but having the ability to taunt would make me pretty happy and probably have gotten my ass killed a whole lot more
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.