[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You jews said this game aged poorly. Just beat it for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: Ocarina of Time.png (2 MB, 1500x1094) Image search: [Google]
Ocarina of Time.png
2 MB, 1500x1094
You jews said this game aged poorly. Just beat it for the first time and it's much better than 95% of all games that have come out in years. Fuck you guys and your shit opinions.
>>
>>334596232

Holy fuck somebody's subjective opinion is different then yours! How are you going to survive?!
>>
>>334596309
Welcome to /v/ newfag
>>
>>334596232
'It's aged poorly' and 'it's a great game' aren't exclusive
I'd say the vast majority of people who have played OoT loved it. It places #1 or top ten in the best games of all time lists constantly.
That isn't to say that a locked 20fps and constant menu entering to swap iron boots are contributing factors to this. Those suck and wouldn't have been an issue if the game was recent, thus, aged poorly
>>
>>334596624
This. It was great for its time, and its merits can still be seen today, but the issues that it had are certainly dated. Doesn't make it a bad game, its age just shows really easily.
>>
>>334596561

Here's the attention you were begging for. Its cute that you come here just looking to bitch
>>
>>334597209
Newfag.
>>
>>334596232
It's aged a shitton better than most early 3D games, thats for sure. That and zelda started to stagnate after it and nothing's quite filled it place also helps.
>>
Ocarina of Time has indeed aged badly. You're a try-hard hipster and no one is impressed by your taste.
>>
>>334596624
>'It's aged poorly' and 'it's a great game' aren't exclusive
Maybe you are new but here in /v/ "aged poorly" is code for "I want to talk shit about this old videogame I don't like but I don't want to give reasons why"
>>
>>334596624
The 3D version fixes all these problems actually
>>
>>334598329
"This game hasn't aged well" is a concise and simple way of saying "Standards have evolved and this game is well below these new standards, making it a way less enjoyable experience nowadays, when you have a larger catalog of video games to play with a ton of them being better than this game in what it's trying to do"

Hope this helps
>>
>>334596232
It's pretty good. Check out some speedruns as well. There's some really cool tricks like dashing into walls to bounce over holes, bomb jumping, and item dashing.
>>
>>334598082
>a try hard hipster for liking OoT

oh the irony
>>
>>334598605
For thinking OoT has aged well, I mean.
>>
>>334598581
Oh wait I thought you were talking about lttp. OOT a shit. auto jumping, shitty target lock bars, slow clumsy menus, boring combat, and atrocious music that everyone thinks is amazing while it's literally babby's first compositions.
>>
>>334598761
That's edgy.
>>
>>334598731
I'm not who you are responding to but I think there's a discrepancy between how people interpret 'has aged poorly'. For me, if something has aged poorly it means the game isn't fun anymore as opposed to when it came out.

That's not the case for me and Ocarina of Time. The game is still fun as fuck and I enjoy it infinitely more than the majority of games that are presently coming out.
>>
>>334598761
I prefer ALttP but the OST in OoT is superior. The adult temples are on point for music.

ALttP suffers too much from not having unique dungeon music. The overworld, dark world, dark forest, and Ganon themes are incredible, though.
>>
>no good games meme
>>
>>334596232
95% of people here are dumbass, that's why.
>>
I like 3DS version, master quest was hella fun.
>>
>>334601974
What's different with the Master Quest? I think it's just the dungeons but what about the dungeons are different? New rooms? Or just chests and monsters being moved around?
>>
>>334602479
The contents of the dungeons are totally redesigned, and at best some weirdest nightmare fuel out there. Jabu Jabu for example has cow's heads sticking out of walls, working as switches for doors, etc.

the 3DS version also mirrors the entire world.
>>
>>334602675
That sounds pretty awesome. I'll have to check it out.
>>
>>334596232
it looks like shit. i tried but just couldn't stand it. not to mention those horrible controls. there is a reason gaming didnt become truly popular until the ps2.
>>
>>334602675
Like Twilight Princess on the wii? Ewww
>>
Played it for the first time some years ago, it was awesome. Once I finished I immediately started a new file because I couldn't get enough of it

MM was also fucking amazing (played it for the first time with the 3D remake)
>>
>>334603585
Holy shit how young are you? Also how retarded are you? Are you even aware of how big the NES, SNES/Genesis and even Atari periods of gaming were? Do you even bother looking at sales figures? How are you so retarded?
>>
File: US_Inflation-Adjusted_Revenues.png (74 KB, 1213x681) Image search: [Google]
US_Inflation-Adjusted_Revenues.png
74 KB, 1213x681
>>334603585
>there is a reason gaming didnt become truly popular until the ps2.
>>
>>334598491
yeah, nope.

Majority of "this ain't aged well!" complains are just stupid graphix-fags complaining about old visuals. The few that might include gameplay-related reasonings tend to pretty much simply think that since it does not use AssCreed/Halo/DaS control scheme, or does not play in first-person, it's instantly shit, because learning new or totally different control scheme and playing-style seems to be an impossible task for modern generation.
>>
>>334596232
This game is fucking based as fuck. Anyone that hates it is fucking trash.
>>
>>334596232
>calling people jews

man, its like it's 2006 again.
>>
File: 1405872896160.jpg (138 KB, 502x494) Image search: [Google]
1405872896160.jpg
138 KB, 502x494
FUCKING KIKES ENABLERS BURN THEM ALL TO DEATH
>>
File: 9084580.png (41 KB, 300x171) Image search: [Google]
9084580.png
41 KB, 300x171
>>334596232
>>
Yeah, still the best adventure game

Honeslty the games even a little under rated. Theres a lot to the world of hyrule if you are willing to explore
>>
>>334598480
This. The 3D version is definitive despite a few kid friendly changes that Jewtendo pushed for. The character models also don't look fucking creepy now either.
>>
File: 1451275676528.jpg (47 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1451275676528.jpg
47 KB, 368x368
>>334596232
People are stupid OP
>>
File: TB near death.png (130 KB, 443x429) Image search: [Google]
TB near death.png
130 KB, 443x429
>>334596232
Have you seen what kind of literal children browse this board? Every single time some dumbfuck accidentally posts his Steam name in a screenshot or twitter name or anything like that its some little twerp who watches Lets Plays. These are the people who say groundbreaking games like OoT and Mario 64 have "aged".
>>
Okay, I'll say it. OoT is overrated. I played it as a kid, I'm playing it again on the 3DS. It's a good game in it's own right, but goddamn, it's not the second coming every normie makes it out to be.
>>
>>334608859
its really only normalfags that think OoT is truly GOAT. Most others will agree that's it's damn good though. Those that don't are edgelords
>>
>>334603969
Loss
>>
>>334609345
got damn it
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.