[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got to King of the Storm . Holy fucking shit the camera
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 1200x650
Just got to King of the Storm . Holy fucking shit the camera is awful in this fight. Any tips for this boss?
>>
git gud XDDDD
>>
>having trouble with King of the Storm

hooo boy....
>>
Off topic but can someone explain poise to me? Did they make it just an arbitrary number that does absolutely nothing?
>>
Summon some bitches and kill everyone
>>
so is Yhorm's thing just that he has a fuckload of HP or am I missing something?
>>
>>334594376
Stay in front of it's head
>>
>>334594613
read the messages on the ground
>>
With who?

>>334594613
There's a gimmick sword next to his throne for the fight.
>>
>>334594541
That's basically it.
>>
>>334594613
You need to use storm ruler on him, load it up with and then blast him for 5k dmg
>>
>>334594613
You fucked up, Siegwards quest. He's got a gimmick weapon to make the fight bearable. Just summon someone using a weird looking 2hander, it's not worth the trouble to solo.
>>
File: images.png (4 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4 KB, 256x144
>>334594376
You seriously haven't figured out that to avoid damage you just roll? Jesus Christ every boss pretty much tells you what they're going to do about a second before they do it.
>>
>>334594829
How do I dodge something I can't see, anon?
>>
>>334594376

for the dragon, stay right under his dick area and DONT LOCK ON. most of the sword moves cant hit you there, and if the dragon starts to fly just run away in case it's the fire AoE. only hit the dragons head after a combo, or during that fire spray attack.

for the king part, get a big shield. seriously. a big shield with good stability and lightning res will do a lot to help, also don't forget to visceral attack him.
>>
File: DARK-SOULS-III_20160327190355.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK-SOULS-III_20160327190355.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
I've been stuck in this boss for a while, any tips?

Other than git gud, I already know that
>>
>>334594973
It strafes around you in one direction, it doesn't move randomly. If it takes off left, move you're camera left too
Jesus christ
>>
>>334595091

best tip is don't summon anyone. she gets a shitload more health and is just harder to deal with.

use lightning buffs and just roll -> R1 once. make sure to reapply the buff for the second half of the fight as well
>>
>>334594973
Plenty of other people managed.
Maybe it's you.
>>
>>334594973
Also, use your ears, there's very obvious sound cues.
>>
>>334594698
yeah, I found it right after posting. Time to go all Demon's Souls on him I guess.
>>
>>334595091
Fight is 100% roll timing, learn the moveset and how/when to dodge each of them.
>>
>>334595091
If you can just circle around and stay under its ass, you'll never get hit. When it starts a spinning attack, you can either just sprint around and wait for it to end or roll through it.
>>
>>334595091
>>334595267
>>334595285
I never use summons though. I can easily get to the second phase, after that I usually fuck up and get killed.
>>
>>334594376
Don't use the lock-on at all, just turn up the camera sensitivity to 8 or so and use it manually
>>
>>334595360
>I usually fuck up
L I T E R A L L Y git gud
>>
>>334595360
All of the bosses are significantly easier without summons.
>>
File: 20160415061813_1.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160415061813_1.jpg
436 KB, 1920x1080
>>334595091
nothing wrong with enjoying the view
>>
>>334595360
Just get better at dodging its attacks.
The only real problem would be the 6+ spinning attack.

I managed to perfectly roll through it one time, but mostly I just run away.
>>
>>334595091
Patience and timing is the key to this fight. Roll, DO NOT BLOCK your stamina will get fucked and you'll be dead in the water while it continues to mess you up (seriously, you might as well unequip your shield and go 2h weapon mode). It has shitloads of health, which might encourage you to get greedy and go for extra hits, but you'll always get punished.

If you played DaS2, this fight is basically the equivalent of Fume Knight - an endurance run.
>>
File: 1459736754711.jpg (164 KB, 656x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459736754711.jpg
164 KB, 656x1024
>>334594789
>this anon is being serious

You actually fucking 4 shot him with the sword in an amazingly stylish way.

How the fuck is it not "bearable" and "not worth the trouble"?
You can even store the fucking Storm Ruler charge on the sword to dodge his attack and attack afterwards

Holy shit am I unreasonably pissed here
>>
>>334595731
Forget it, he's retarded.
>>
>>334594376
dont lock on, get good
>>
>>334594376
For the first phase I would actually suggest keeping your distance, which makes it way easier to dodge attacks and then hit the dragon's head.
This will also ensure that you don't trigger the bullshit undodgeable fire breath from the sky

The second phase is just a matter of knowing his combos and dodging them, nothing too complicated there. Usually most, if not all, have at least two attacks, some three, so just keep that in mind
>>
Anyone else feels like this game is a disappointment?
Its not bad, its not hard, its just fucking annoying
>get into some goo with spider shits
>Toxin effect applied!
>5x stronger than the poison in Farron Keep
>not even 9 estus could save me
>die while trying to find a bonfire

Then there are those fucking jailers draining your max HP while doing a 1shot combo if you get closer, there's the swamp where you get slowed down for no reason while the enemies still get max speed, there's the fucking jumping shit in Farron Keep killing you with 1 combo, and so on...
I'm 12 hours in and have only died a couple of times but most of them were because of bullshits like this
I swear to god this game wants to force the player to get a fucking bow and just snipe everything

This game is not fun at all
>>
>>334596159
also more than half of the chests are mimics
bravo From
>>
>>334595731
I didn't pick up the sword in the bossroom until after I beat him, and without that you're literally chipping bits off his health, even if you can hit his arms when he attacks.

Had I realized what that item was, I would have loved to see that shit, but oh well.
>>
>>334596159
could try healing the fucking poison
>>
>>334596159
That area is pretty tough. Don't let it put you off though, the endgame in DaS3 is top tier.

>tfw I put my summon sign down in Irithyll dungeon because I know what a pain in the ass it is
>never get summoned
I guess people don't want to waste their embers by dying constantly.
>>
>>334596330
>the endgame in DaS3 is top tier.

Really? I got to lothric castle and it's just the normal hollows and knights from the 1st level but on steroids. Is there even anything new here?
>>
File: 20160417090048_1.jpg (419 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160417090048_1.jpg
419 KB, 1920x1080
>>334596159
i hope you aren't a fan of armor being useful because heavy armor does fuckall but fuck up your stamina regen and make you fatroll if you don't have any VIT. also, literally anything will stagger you out of a swing if the damaging part of the swing hasn't started yet, so have fun with that if you like ultra greatswords.
>>
>>334594541
it increases your hyper armor frames for heavy weapons

greatswords and above get these frames

there is also a tier system, if your using a greatsword and swing at a ultra greatsword at the same time, your hyper armor is negated and his isnt
>>
>>334596159
I dont have a problem with area's, more-so the damage every enemy deals by the end game.

Take any hit and a third to a half of your health is gone. Makes the game a hit-and-roll simulator.
>>
>>334596435
The first part of Lothric castle is just reskinned enemies, I'll give you that. The second part is decent. Have you found any of the secret areas yet? There's 2 afaik, won't spoil them if you're not there yet but they're pretty rad.
>>
>>334596294
Did you honestly think that, after defeating so many bosses normally with good damage they'd suddenly put one that just reduces your damage by 90% and has fucking 20k HP?

It was very obvious that there was a gimmick to the fight, and even if you don't know what Storm Ruler is, the only other thing in the room is that one single item lying there
>>
>>334596523
armor doesnt affect stamina regen anymore
fatrolling is viable because your iframes arent affected
things stagger you out of everything because thats no longer how poise works, its only for your active frames on attacking with huge weapons
>>
>>334596653
I found consumed king's garden but didn't fight the boss yet.
>>
>>334596653
>reskinned
Meant rehashed, whatever.
>>
>>334596523
>heavy armor does fuckall

no
>>
>>334594376
kek
King of the storm is easy as shit
Nameless King is probably the hardest boss in the game though
>>
>>334596720
equip weight effects stamina regen, fatrolling is definately not viable if you want to live, and i understand that that's not how poise works anymore, and it's silly.
>>334596791
going from one of the knight sets to black iron armor gives you an extra 10 or so percent physical reduction, i don't even think that would be an extra hit unless you have a ton of health or your opponent is swinging a dagger at you.
>>
>>334596717
I knew it was a gimmick fight from helping others as a sunbro, but I figured I was just fucked since I missed siegward somewhere. I'd never seen them do something like that with a souls boss, so I figured it was just random loot and didn't bother until after.
>>
>>334596883
First phase is easy with the exception of that AOE fire attack, even when I saw it coming and tried to sprint away it always caught me.
>>
>>334597181
I agree, some might even consider the boss easy, but it's still the hardest in the game.
>>
>>334596976
>not having a ton of health

What enemies hit really hard? I can't recall too many. Knights at the beginning of Lothric Castle when buffed do a shitton of damage. In any case the phys reduction is favorable over a small amount of roll distance. If you're a high enough level you get both anyhow
>>
>>334597523
try pvp or NG, and the physical reduction is not enough to even let you survive another hit most of the time. you're better off just rolling through everything. 10% extra reduction is not worth the loss of mobility or stamina regen.
>>
>>334594376
use mouse
>>
Someone put their sign down in Church of Yorshka and guide me through this fucking place. I see stuff in the distance, I see paths, I see doors, but everything is "DOES NOT OPEN FROM THIS SIDE"

I've been down in the dungeon already, did Yhorn yadda yadda, but I know I'm missing big stuff in Ithyricallcaly of the Boreal Valley
>>
Took me some time to figure out because of awful camera and two-shot kills
>Wait for the burd to land
>DO NOT ATTACK THE FEET
>Attack the neck and head instead
>It helps to be on the burd's left side
>Best time to attack is during the side to side flame
>If it gets up for any reason book it until you can look up and see it
>listen for audio cues for the lightning
>while its in the air, keep looking at the king to see if hes going to smack you
>Dodging is your friend, shielding is not
Second part:
>Dodge dodge dodge
>His combos are 2-4 hits
>His AoE smash has a second hit
>best time to hit is after he does a jump attack
>>
>>334594789
Different anon here, I did Siegward's quest, even got the Titanite Slab and he didn't show up for Yhorm
Bug?
>>
>>334598027
after the lake, before the dungeon, go through the sewers to the where the spider things are.
>>
Is there a way to get summoned faster as a Wolfbro? It takes forever to get an invasion while I can invade with the orb in seconds. Level 31.
>>
File: sunburn300.png (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sunburn300.png
14 KB, 300x300
>>334595091
Consider using a High stability shield if advice from others anons are not working,
Good Luck, You still have tough bosses left.
Praise the good sun
>>
>>334597767
I'm in NG+ at lothric castle. Rolling has been better than taking hits for all souls games. Heavier armor only effects roll distance. Stamina regen isn't a problem with sta buff or just a decent amount of endurance
>>
>>334598231
Apparently you gotta find him in Irithyll somewhere before you find him in jail.
>>
>>334600317
I didn't give him the armor back until after I beat Sulyvahn. I didn't find him in the kitchen in Irithyll but then I found him locked up in the dungeon.
So you're saying you have to find him in the kitchen or he doesn't show up for Yhorm?
>>
>>334600169
none of these complaints really apply to pve because the pve is not that hard, and the bosses do enough damage that you don't want to get hit at all if you can avoid it.
heavy armor doesn't affect roll distance or speed at all, unless it causes you to to break 70% load. the slow stamina regen is a big problem when you're fighting someone with paper for armor that's being aggressive.

heavy armor is literally useless.
>>
Does it make a difference if I go to Anor Londo or Irithyll Dungeon first?
>>
>>334599332
thanks man. I had been trying to find my way back there but couldn't remember where the house with the black knights and the painting were.
>>
>>334600946
other than potentially breaking siegward and gray rat's quests, not really.
>>
>>334600460
That's what I've read. You probably gave his armor back too late as well.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.