[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: super_nintendo_sns-101_box.jpg (605 KB, 2288x1712) Image search: [Google]
super_nintendo_sns-101_box.jpg
605 KB, 2288x1712
Was this the beginning of casual shit? Compare the difficulty of super nintendo games to sega or og nintendo games.
>>
Only the NES had legitimate hard games, like SMB and Zelda 1. People who think Nintendo went to casual in Wii era are pratically wrong.
>>
>>334592740
Casual shit started with 7th gen. Even the Gamecube had some games hard af (see: F-Zero GX, Mario Sunshine, etc)
>>
>>334594752
>Mario Sunshine

What
>>
>>334594752

>Casual shit started with gen 7

What about all the million of Singstar copies the Ps2 sold?
Or Buzz?

etc
>>
>>334594752
>Casual shit started with 7th gen.
SMW was pratically easy until maybe the final secret levels.

>Mario Sunshine
Even though it's my favorite game, no.
>>
>>334594752
The term "casual" may have started in the 7th gen, but that didnt mean it wasnt there before.
Mario Party is casual, even if it's loads of fun
>>
>>334595270
But you can make Mario party hard if you had competent players
>>
>>334595465
RNG is not a good idea to make the games hard.
>>
>>334595465
Casual does not mean "not hard"
DDR is a casual game
Doesn't mean it has a really high skill ceiling.

Mario Party is casual, even if you have 4 pros playing.
I wish I had 3 friends to play with that were good
>>
>>334592740
The need to differentiate casual from core came with the Wii, where we saw an intentional decline in game quality to simplify design, difficulty, and game mechanics to accommodate the casual and nongamers Nintendo's blue ocean strategy were targetting.

Games and consoles before the Wii do not need this differentiation because the general wuality of the actual design of the games stayed high, it wasn't sold out to the mainstream yet. That is why Snes and yoshi's island are fine and why you're a giant aids infested fag.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.