[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need an action game for Vita. Not something grindy and boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: ps_vita_system[2].png (227 KB, 540x310) Image search: [Google]
ps_vita_system[2].png
227 KB, 540x310
I need an action game for Vita. Not something grindy and boring like a MonHun clone. Something that I can't get on another platform too, PS4 doesn't count. I'm thinking Muramasa.
>>
Tales of Hearts R
>>
File: 2015-07-22-140633.jpg (164 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-22-140633.jpg
164 KB, 960x544
Senran Kagura
>>
>>334590445

So this is an action JRPG right? Is it part of a series, any other entries to look at?

>>334590480

It's shit on 3DS, any better on Vita?
>>
>>334590596
Yes. It's a very large series but most entries are standalone titles so you don't have to worry about playing anything else first.

Hearts R, Vesperia, Xillia 2 are the best out of the ones that got localized. A lot of people love Symphonia and Abyss but their combat systems are clearly inferior, stilted and awkward in comparison. It's a hell of a lot of fun once you really feel it out.
>>
File: blanc1.jpg (2 MB, 3200x1958) Image search: [Google]
blanc1.jpg
2 MB, 3200x1958
soon...
>>
>>334590596
>It's shit on 3DS, any better on Vita?

Way better. It's like dynasty warriors lite with tits.
>>
>>334591567

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors title. I guess it's like a beatemup with a shitton of enemies to tear through.
>>
>>334591762
>I guess it's like a beatemup with a shitton of enemies to tear through
More like a "the enemies stand around doing nothing and you wail on them".
>>
>>334591903

Sounds cathartic.
>>
>>334590356
>I'm thinking Muramasa.
Do it, that game can take a fuckton of hours from your life.
>>
>>334590356
dragon's crown is a million times better than muramasa op
go with DC
>>
Wait for Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
>>
>>334592306

Already got it on PS3 bro

>>334592391

And I'll be getting that on PS3 also
>>
File: Bullet_Girls_Cover.jpg (130 KB, 640x814) Image search: [Google]
Bullet_Girls_Cover.jpg
130 KB, 640x814
>>334590356
You never said it had to be an import or be good.
>>
Spyhunter
>>
Wow! A fucking good Vita thread
I have to say Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus. Even if you played it before on ps3, the game is delicioso, amigo
>>
>>334590356
>I'm thinking Muramasa.
You are thinking right. That game is phenomenal.
>>
>>334594934

It runs on 30fps, a game that was clearly designed with 60fps in mind.
>>
>>334590356
>Muramasa
Is the only game I ever go back and replay on my otherwise unused Vita. It's sick. So is Dragon's Crown, but it's on PS3 so it doesn't fit your criteria. I'm currently hype for the Odin Sphere redo
Otherwise there's Ys, which I'm not so fond of since the graphics are PSP tier and the framerate is gameboy tier lol. On top of that it's even easier than 7.
>>
EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!! EDF!!
>>
Muramasa, God of War Collection.

Also Soul Sacrifice Delta.
>>
>>334590356
Ys: Memories of Celceta. It could seem to you that it's another grindy type RPG but that one actually has a rather good combat system that rewards you for doing just blocks and evades as well as not forcing you to grind for levels too much on you way to destination.
>>
Killzone: Merc is actually really cool. Far better than Shadowfall, as well.
Persona 4 Golden if you haven't played P4, and maybe even if you have.
EDF! EDF! EDF!
I really liked the Danganronpa games; like, far more than I expected to.
You kind of turned down Monster Hunter clones right away, but Soul Sacrifice Delta is pretty different and very, very cool. I also personally like Toukiden a lot, but there's a PS4 version. Freedom Wars is also interesting if flawed, but I think it might also be the one you're most apt to dislike of the three.
If you like or don't mind dungeon crawlers, Demon Gaze is a really good introduction to them. It got me into them, as well. If you like those or come to like those, you'll have quite a few more options coming your way with Moe Chronicles, Operation Abyss, and the forthcoming Stranger of Sword City.
>>
>>334597853

I got Freedom Wars and played it a bunch. It's OK but I feel like I'm just clawing against a concrete wall with my fingernails at this point. I don't have experience with other hunting games, that's my barometer.

I'm playing a lot of dungeon crawlers and other JRPGs right now, I'm looking for something to break up the pace. Something a little more directly stimulating.
>>
2016 games we got so far and what's coming out later:

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
Neptunia vs Sega Hard Girls
Atelier Escha and Logy Plus
God Eater: Resurrection
God Eater 2: Rage Burst
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Mighty No 9
Grand Kingdom
World of Final Fantasy
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
Gal Gun Double Peace
Attack on Titan
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Toukiden 2
Danganronpa V3
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force
Moero Crystal (asain version has english)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (asain version has english)
One Piece: Burning Blood
Muv-Luv
Salt and Sanctuary
Trillion: God of Destruction
Stranger of Sword City
Samurai Warriors 4: Empires
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault
Root Letter
Root Double- Before Crime * After Days
Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
Criminal Girls 2
Yomawari: Night Alone
Croixieur Sigma
Gundam Breaker 3 (asain version has english)
Zero Time Dilemma
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
Atelier Sophie
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (asain version has english)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
Skullgirls 2nd Encore
Attack on Titan
Ray Gigant

Guaranteed Replies
>>
>>334598020
Then I would specifically recommend Killzone: Mercenaries and EDF from my list.
>>
File: cove'r.jpg (225 KB, 551x469) Image search: [Google]
cove'r.jpg
225 KB, 551x469
>>334591567
I don't agree, I like the 3ds titles a lot too.
>>
>>334590356
Killzone Mercenary?
>>
>>334599521
>>334598283

Is Mercenary still a good buy if I can't do multiplayer?
>>
>>334598020
>I'm looking for something to break up the pace. Something a little more directly stimulating.

Maybe try a rhythm game? You can easily import and play Taiko no Tatsujin which is really good by the way.
>>
>>334599701
Yes. There's plenty to do in the campaign missions.
>>
>>334590356
Gravity Rush
>>
>>334599701
I think so. The single player is great and if you can at least download from the internet then I think the bot zone, (offline multiplayer with bots), is free. Probably the best looking game on Vita. Well worth the pick up.
>>
>>334600038
It's not free, which is the most retarded shit.
>>
>>334600190
>It's not free, which is the most retarded shit.
What isn't?
>>
>>334600303
Botzone. $2.50 for it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.