[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battleborn beta thread. Do you like it? What kind of mode do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10
File: giphy (3).gif (2 MB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
2 MB, 440x248
Battleborn beta thread.

Do you like it?
What kind of mode do you think would suit this game?
>>
the most fun i've had in multiplayer game in years to be honest family

i fucking wish overwatch wasn't so overmarketed so people actually paid attention to this without dismissing it as overwatch clone when the game is completely different
>>
>>334585169
SMNC 2.0

In a year we won't remember it.
>>
>>334585169
I loath how flashy and over the top it is without actually being fun

You call in an airstrike and you get this shit covering your screen without it feeling powerful. Everything is just a big flashy wet noodle.
>>
>>334585169

It has potential but I don't like the Borderlands style "humor." Some of the characters have some good lines but they get old after the 50th fucking time.

PvE is neat but I prefer Overwatch; really wish it had PvE.
>>
>>334585169

Dead on Arrival with the current price tag and they fact there was 0 advertising

Pretty good gameplay though, Galliea needs another big nerf though

Also if someone needs they need to be replaced, and you need to be able to kick AFKs
>>
>>334585169
I'm in the PC beta. Having a lot of fun with it, unlocked everyone but I'm not very good. I never am at this sort of shit.

On the fence about buying it; leaning towards probably not.
>>
>>334585345
Man I wish SMNC could just come back from the grave instead of Battleborn being released. At least that game wasn't trying to charge me 60 bucks plus a season pass for a mediocre shooter/mediocre moba experience.
>>
>Full price title

Into the trash....
>>
Had two matches.
Fights felt like shit.

Like >>334585387 said, every ability has the visuals of a fucking nuke being dropped, but the weight of a water pistol behind it.
If you are going to have moba abilities and hp, you need to focus on positioning and strategy over twitch shooting.
If you want an FPS, lower the hp and take out the AOE shit.
>>
>>334586460

>Had two matches.

Please tell me Mr Expert with two games of experience how the game plays

When you get high levels things get much better, did you even use items? Play Phoebe or Galliea at level 9 or 10 with 3 items and tell me you hit like a wet noodle
>>
Too expensive for what it offers, especially considering they're already selling a season pass. The game is fun but there's no way I'd pay more than $25 for it.
>>
>>334586671
chances are he's talking about weapon feel if it's only played two rounds

weapon feel has always been a weakness in gearbox games
>>
I got fucked in two games in a row because one of my teammates disconnected right at the beggining. Outside that I enjoy the game but I won't pay 60 bucks for it.
>>
>range attacks feel like shit
>melee is great
what happened
>>
>>334586935

ISIC and Orendi are pretty good ranged, Montana is decent

That being said Oscar Mike and Whiskey Foxtrot do hit like wet noodles with their gun, their skills are pretty decent though
>>
>>334586935
I prefer a mixture of both, so the people who have them I like a lot.
Mellka is my mainm a well aimed spray where most bullets hit will take peoples shields all the way down, then the ejected canister when reloading poisons them, then I claw lunge in, which slows them and beat on them with melee while moving around.

If they manage to get out or range then another spray of bullets should do it.
>>
I've been playing since the open beta started and really like it. Rath is going to be my main until they nerf him. He's kind of shitty until 5, but his ult is literally spin2win.
>>
>>334587163
>He's kind of shitty until 5
The skill that launches enemies into air is fucking great though
>>
>>334587163

There's no way his bladestorm will make it to retail release
>>
Characters are over designed, gameplay is floaty, weapons arent fun, to expensive, a player base that says its good no matter what. and the game wasn't advertised.

It'll be dead in a few months.
>>
>Get me Overwatch's non-union Mexican equivalent.
>>
>>334587484
>a player base that says its good no matter what

what
>>
>>334587550

Are you really acting as if Overwatch is good?
>>
>>334587484
Dont forget that it tries so hard to be goofy that it becomes that forced funny that makes people cringe.
>>
>>334587389
The lifesteal you can push with it is kind broken. I'm pretty much able heal though any attack long enough to get the kill and get away.
>>
>>334585169
It is really good but i could live without the humor in this game.

This would sell pretty well if they didnt charge 60 dollars for it. I hope other people actually buy this game so it can live longe enough for people to have fun with it.
>>
>>334587781
>Rath tries to spin2win me
>Just spike up into the air then claw lunge to a ledge
Poor little Rath and his low mobility.
>>
>>334588045
>Wait 'till your abilities are on cooldown
>Spin2Win
>???
>Dominating
>>
File: Orendi OG.png (450 KB, 1024x938) Image search: [Google]
Orendi OG.png
450 KB, 1024x938
>Orendi at 5
>Shadow Pillar x2 > Nullify > Shadow Pillar x 2 > Paradigm Shift
She's the most straight forward character as far as nuking goes, but the little shit is fun
Shame about the casting choice though
>>
>>334585169
what do I spend my blue coins on
>>
>>334587781
nice try melee cuck I'll be there shooting you with dual cannons + plasma gun as isic and out dpsing you
>>
>>334588348
I can't get a grasp of Paradigm Shift at all.
What range and what area does it cover?
>>
>>334588324
Literally no Rath has ever done that while I'm playing, their ult is usually their "oh shit I can't get away" button, so they use it as a last resort.

>>334588420
Loot crates which get you gear that gives you bonuses to stats but also sometimes skins and taunts.
>>
>>334588420
Loot packs.
Inventory and loadout space.
>>
File: reyna profile pic.png (667 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
reyna profile pic.png
667 KB, 1600x1600
Best support comming through.
>>
>>334588485
I'm still trying to figure it out for myself, actually. A practice mode would be pretty nifty.
>>
>>334588689
Play with bots
>>
File: Battleborn_Alani_Eldrid.jpg (106 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Battleborn_Alani_Eldrid.jpg
106 KB, 800x450
You guys ready for fish bitches?
Everyone love fish bitches.
>>
Battleborn is not an overwatch clone, its a borderland clone..
>>
>>334588493
Than they're playing him wrong. Rath is an assassin. I save my ult until there's a bunch of enemies standing together focusing on a tank, run up, hit them with a cross, a ground pound and finally my ult. I've gone on a couple of 15-20 kill streaks that way.
>>
>>334588776
do we have any detaiuls on her yet?
>>
>>334588831

This is the dumbest thing I have read all day, well done
>>
>>334588595
Mah nigguh
>>
>>334588870
>Alani, a member of the Eldrid faction who was raised as a healer, but forced to be a warrior, and is all that remains of her order after Rendain’s Jennerit Imperium stole the oceans from her world. As a warrior from a planet with vast seas, Alani’s attacks and abilities revolve around her power to control water to dish out pain, or heal her fellow Battleborn.
captcha was bodies of water
>>
>>334588874
Well, it is the same team that made borderlands and the story missions are straight up designed as borderlands areas, even the bosses have borderlands style presentations.

I'm not saying it is a bad thing but some stuff in there is copy and pasted from borderlands.
>>
>>334588595
What does her secondary attack do? Slightly more dmg at the cost of projectile and shot speed?
>>
>>334588542
>>334588493
which loot crates? do i keep buying the small ones or the most expensive one
>>
>>334588980
Oh also she is apparently free or unlocked right away or something to ps4 players who played the beta when she becomes available.
>>
>>334588980
Another "strong" support?
>>
>>334589004
it does more damage than the pistol and does 50% more damage to shields but it is slower and overheats.

The best thing about it is that if you mark some one with her skill and get the right upgrade those projectiles become turn into homming projectiles, so it is much easier to kill enemies.
>>
Why does it run like shit when the game looks like ass
>>
ISIC is so fucking good. I build pure tank and his arm cannon and cannon mode still wreck shit. Nothing is better than two cocky DPS trying to kill me, only for me to stun them with my dash, turn around into cannon man and just shit all over them.
>>
File: NasCal.jpg (669 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
NasCal.jpg
669 KB, 750x1334
>>334589038
Depends what you want.
I save my coins epic crates and crates for the faction of my preferred characters, for example I like Mellka, so I'm buying all Eldrid boxes to try and get her skins/taunts/character specific gear.

Also just so people know if you don't already there is more skins then just recolours in the full game.
Recolors
Themed(Nascar Cal,Zombie Ghalt)
Premium(model changes)
>>
>>334589189
does anyone have tweaks for this, i'd like to know too
>>
>>334589323
i gotta get myself some skins, i only got some recolors.
>>
>>334589458
For the beta its only recolors apparently, people have seen some of these themed skins while playing against bots.
>>
>>334586671
I'm back if you are still here.

I don't need to play every hero to know that a game with low impact attacks/combat has low impact combat, or that I dislike the floaty feeling in the game. The second point might be my shitty laptop lagging though.

And I've played similar games before. FPS games don't mix well with sustained fights and HP sponges. That might just be my personal preference I guess, but I don't know anyone who disagrees.
I mean even the squishiest people in this, in my experience, die slower than a heavy with a healer in TF2.
>>
>>334589980

And as someone 25 hours in I am telling you that you're wrong.

I absolutely decimate the majority of characters with Phoebe when I am lvl 10 with 3 items
>>
>>334585169
>Game has season pass
>$60
>Similar games either dont have a high price tag, or a lower one

Dead in the water
>>
>>334585169
Why is the matchmaking so slow?
>>
>>334591467
It's dead already, and this is in the open beta. I pity the people who buy it.
>>
>>334591569
On PS4 matches fill up in less than 20 seconds pretty much every time.
>>
>>334591753
So why's it so slow on PC?
>>
I really wanted to like it but I hate it. I do not like the character collision. Not being able to walk through enemies is perfectly fine but getting blocked by my own allies is aggravating. It is easy to get stuck on the levels geometry. I have seen many games (with characters who have boost/flight abilities) get stuck in the air or on corners because of the geometry. Some of the characters arms and weapons take up most of your screen, way too much battle clutter, and quite a few characters feel like you do next to no damage while others are off the fucking charts. It's a mess.
>>
>>334592434
>charge with montana
>get stuck on some kind of pebble, blade of grass, or the corner of a cobblestone

200% annoying
>>
>>334592526
>>334592434
>healing as Miko
>enemies charge
>try and dodge through a tunnel
>blocked by two of my range teammates shooting from the tunnel door
>everyone dies
great job retards, just block your fragile healers out.
>>
>>334592320
A lot less people playing it on PC, I guess. Can't think of any other reason.
>>
>>334585169
It's pretty fun. Idk about $60 worth of fun though
Been having a lot of trouble getting into pvp matches though. Always waiting for players to join, then they join & leave then I'm waiting for players to join again
>>
So whats the most OP shit right now? Ill be trying this game this evening.
>>
S
T

ORENDI
R
E
N
D
I

LEWDS
E
W
D
S
>>
>>334595390
>Implying any exist.
Sorry Jim.
>>
>>334595226

From what i've played

>Elder God Tier
Galliea

>God Tier
Ambra
Phoebe(at high levels)
Rath

>Great Tier
Marquis(If you can aim)
Orendi
El Dragon
Reyna
Benedict

>Good Tier
Oscar Mike
Montana
Miko
Boldur
Shayne
Whiskey Foxtrot
Thorn
Kelvin
>>
>>334596458
Thanks anon
>>
>>334596458
what makes galilea better than others? seems like both rath and phoebe are better at least for my play style
>>
File: 1348616380997.jpg (20 KB, 475x479) Image search: [Google]
1348616380997.jpg
20 KB, 475x479
>Actually getting around to trying Marquis
I've only just realized all those players raking my healthbar with shots and being aggravating little shits are actually the shitty Marquis players.

I can play a half decent sniper, so I can appreciate what he's got going for him. Definitely stealth overpowered.
>Easily the highest damage output in the game
>Erases supports like Reyna and Miko faster then they can do anything about it. Reyna's overshield does nothing
>Renders super minons and thrall mercs useless because he can delete them within a couple of seconds by himself
>The worst nightmare of large characters except Isic
>Can solo the first sentry in Incursion from his own base. This definitely needs fixing
>Basic map awareness will allow him to shut their entire team down and prevent them from ever being able to get aggressive
>Basic map awareness and the tools at his disposal should prevent him from ever getting ganked, even by invisible fuckers like Shayne
>Mfw outdamaging a Rath spin2winning on me because headshot damage is absolutely disgusting

Seriously though, what the fuck is up with Isic? The entire upper half of his body doesn't even have a hurtbox, and the rest of him is inconsistent as all hell.
>>
Which equipments should I get for Phoebe? It feels like you have to build her around her max shield.

Also the legendary that gives you 25% of damage received as money is fucking broken, I always end up generating twice the amount of money other people has without even trying to get those big yellow crystals.
>>
>play game
>be mushroom
>enemy sniper robot is figuratively raping me
>team complains about me dying
>enemy robot sniper never dies once all game
shit game
>>
>>334596812

Great Survival
Get out of jail free card(Her level 5 talent)
Nullifys all healing
A stun
Insane Damage
Her helix mutations are insane(rewards for leveling her)
>>
Does any site provide audio files of Battleborn? I really wanna hear all Whiskey Foxtrots lines!
>>
>>334596834
Go turn Autoaim on in options and try Marquis again.
>>
File: 1294440146559.jpg (16 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1294440146559.jpg
16 KB, 409x409
>>334585169
>somebody disconnects
>down by half
>vote for surrender
>nobody else votes

boy I sure love getting my ass handed to me for half an hour

biggest complaint right now
>>
>>334597220
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it forces you to aim at the center of mass, in which case it's still inferior to manual aiming.

I can't stress enough how much damage headshots do.
>>
I gave Reyna another shot and she's really good. Only problem is when retards leave me in lane alone and the rest of the team is on the other lane. I just wanna shield people and be a stronk black women
>>
>>334597661
Why don't you try it, first.
>>
>>334597724
Can do.
>>
>Game tells me I unlock Toby
>Go into a match
>His icon is still locked
What do?
>>
>>334598165
Lament that he isn't usable in the pc beta for reasons.
>>
>>334597383
>down by almost nothing
>some inbred teammate votes to surrender
>all the other trogs vote yes
>>
File: impressive very nice.gif (619 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
impressive very nice.gif
619 KB, 275x200
>Tries ISIC for first time
>Gets in 5 player coop
>This robonigger is a one man army
>>
File: animooted.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
animooted.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>334598393
>winning by a landslide
>idiot votes to surrender
>leaves after his stupid vote falls through

???
>>
pretty good game, but WTF with queues? how they work, i play campaing with a bro, but in about 4 hours i only manage to play 2 ranked or multiplayer game... theres 0 people playing this? or theres something wrogn with queues
>>
>>334585387
yeah this is my sentiment as well

it feels half assed and weird
>>
>>334585660
yeah I wasn't even considering getting this anyway

but lol $60 plus dlc and shit for what feels like a f2p game? nah
>>
File: 1367890208192.png (51 KB, 382x181) Image search: [Google]
1367890208192.png
51 KB, 382x181
>80% of my games are a steamroll
>Don't get to hit level 10
>Barely get to try a maxed out build because the enemy team is such garbage or has too many disconnects
>Ends early and the victory feels hollow
I like this game a lot, but come on. They either need harsher penalties on people who leave, better matchmaking or let people drop in. Or even better all of them together. I'm either matched with too many retards, or matched against too many retards. You just can't win.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.