[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a game to play with my pals. Saw ESO was on sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: TESO_Logo.png (193 KB, 614x484) Image search: [Google]
TESO_Logo.png
193 KB, 614x484
Looking for a game to play with my pals. Saw ESO was on sale on Steam. Is it worth buying? You guys have any suggestions for a good multiplayer game, mmo or otherwise?
>>
>>322011681
It's okay.
>>
It's alright. Nice class customization as long you don't go full tryhard.
>>
>>322011681
The core game will give you like 200-300 hours of quests/dungeons/pvp, but after that you'll probably need to get the DLCs and shit.

The game is fine, it just has some significant annoyances related to grinds you may or may not want. I really don't feel like typing them all, but I'll sumarize them.

>Veteran ranks mandatory which take fucking forever
>Crafting behind timed gateway
>Champion points which take fucking forever but are like paragon points in diablo
>Mount training gives 1 level a day, it takes 60 days yo get max speed, 60 days to get max boost, and 60 days to get maximum carrying capacity, thats 180 days for any of your characters to get the best horse, it's not shared, and you can pay $10 do get 10 levels of mount training
>Cosmetics are all behind the paywall, so don't think you can go hunting for fashion or cool mounts in game, it's all microtransactions

Pvp is solid, quests are whatever, dungeons are better than average but still kinda shit, and stupid hard in the really high levels (like you get 3 shotted from crap in the floor really fast).

I payed full price for it, and I'm not mad about it, but I really stopped playing when I realized all the new content is DLC and you'll be gated out of the highest progression if you don't buy it.
>>
>>322013593
I stop playing after reaching veteran rank. That shit really turned me off since grinding for hours to reach a new rank is horrendous.

I thought I heard they will be taking veteran rank out. I hope that is true.
>>
eso is pretty good

i like that you can actually decide how to level your character unlike fucking GW2
>>
>>322014052
they been saying that for a while, and they just kept increasing them

I think they're just going to remove the rank requirements from gear but not the actual ranks, champions will still be a chore tho, I don't understand what this devs are trying to acomplish with those stupid post max level grinds, like who the fuck really wants that.
>>
im playing it now and it's really bland
>>
Thanks for the input guys. I don't think we're looking to get too hardcore into it.

How would you compare it to other mmo's on the market right now?
Is the process of leveling entertaining enough? I think that's more important than having something to grind at max level.
>>
>>322015775
Well there's a main quest, and a bunch of sidequests, also there's a ton of books and skill crystals or whatever.

So there's a lof of incentive to explore and find out shit otherwise you would miss, if you really don't want to rush or antyhing just exploring is fine. The quests aren't really memorable but if you're with friends it should be fine, also no one ever runs lowbie dungeons, so if you want to do that you really needs friends or you'll take fucking 2 hours to get a group going. A lot of people just adds mods to discover everything on the map, and that will ruin a good deal of the experience, but if you don't care about the hardcore end game grind then not finding every quest and shit shouldn't be a problem.

The real issue you'll meet, is there's 3 factions, and if you and your friends don't choose the same faction you'll never ever play together with those characters. And the factions are race locked, so if one of you wants to be a Nord and another wants to be a Khajit, you won't be able to play together unless you buy some account upgrade called explorer's pack or something and choose the same faction right at character creation. Imperials can be made in any faction, and imperials are kinda OP

>compare it to other mmos on the market right now

Man I could write like 10 pages about it because I've played them all, so I'm sorry I'm not doing that, but if you want me to mention how I feel about it compared to some specific title I'll do it.
>>
>>322016625
Alright, what's your opinion on ESO vs. GW2? We've all played a ton of WoW and couldn't really get into GW2. Do you think ESO feel any different?
>>
>>322017551
err I might be biased because I hate GW2 to death

GW2 is more friendly for group play, the classes are a bit more varied, ESO has 4 classes but they have way more customization.

In terms of raw content ESO wins hands down, seriously the production values of this game are pretty damn high, the quests are somewhat bland, but in GW2 like 60% of the time you're killing centaurs or bandits.

Dungeons in GW2 are too faceroll, at least the times I've played everyone just rushes through them with zerker gear and 4 warriors and one of the paladin guys or an elementalist.

PvP I had my share of fun in GW2 but It got boring really fast, it's just vs zerg plinking people from affar, I've seen some guys manhandle 5 persons by themselves and it's pretty impressive but it's rare. PvP in ESO has no battlegrounds or arenas, so it's pretty imbalanced and you're matched with the veterans that have been playing since release and have a bajillion champ points, you're isolated in a newbee pvp map from 1 to max level, but once you hit veteran rank 1 you're cannon fodder.

I didn't get to try out the expansion raids for GW2 so i can't comment on that much, they seem ok, but it's like 1 raid dungeon with 4 bosses and a bajillion adds, ESO has way more end game content.

The only good poitns for GW2 would be, they keep releasing mini content for free every month or so, while ESO keeps releasing mini DLC's every 3 months or so for $20, and GW2 has way more accessible pvp.

Both have the "good" cosmetics hidden behind a paywall, but in GW2 you can buy shit if you become a no life farmer and trade gold for jewels, also GW2 has no mounts, I kinda like having mounts.

One last point, ESO has stealth, like any character can be sneaky, and also actual invisibility skills with the edgy stealth class which allow you to skip a lot of content and be annoying in pvp. Just thought it's worth mentioning because this can be a deal breaker to some people.
>>
>>322020098
Fair enough. Thanks a lot for your input.

One last question: Is it immersive? Is the environment interesting and engaging? I like feeling like I can just tune everything out and get lost in a different world for a couple hours.
>>
>>322022246
Well I'm afraid of sounding like a faggot, but god damn some of the scenery is fucking beautiful. My rig isn't top notch but at least it's above average, and I've never taken so many screenshots of the scenery in an mmo before. It even make me want to go outdoors and find some river and just sit there barefoot or something. Like I said before the production is way way higher than crap like WoW, so that helps in the inmertion part a lot. Also the characters and the armor does feel a bit heavy with the way you move and the sounds you make when you walk, which is great for me.

Nearly everything is voice acted, you'll notice that from the moment you install since the client is fucking 50gb+. Sadly most of the stories are forgettable, even the main story. There's some freaky shit here and there, but about 80% of the quest are

>hey adventurer I need you to help me kill some fuken bandits
>go kill bandits
>oh wait we're not evil, the guy who sent you is the evil one! he raped our daughters or something
>go get 10 oranges so we can eat or whatever
>you confront the guy who initially give you the quest
>lol forgive me I was like joking, I didn't mean to kill the peasants
>get to choose: kill the faggot or let go with a warning, either way doesn't really matter.

Out of the 1700 quests literally only one of them has a significant outcome depending on what you choose, it's related to the mage guild.

I mean it's not terrible, it's on par with most mmos nowadays, but WoW probably has more interesting quests nowadays.
>>
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/
>>
>>322023816
what's the best class in that server?

is DoK and Brightwizard still the OP pos fotm?
>>
>>322024046
come shitpost in /rorg/
>>
>>322023702
how about you stop skipping quest dialogue
>>
>>322024527
For my main faction I didn't (Aldmeri), when I started grinding veteran ranks in other factions I couldn't take it anymore tho, it was more of the same just different flavor. You can tell when the stories are worth a shit, and when they're just fillers "get me 10 logs because something" "huh kill 20 wisps because they're evil".

Remind me of a good quests that was memorable.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.