[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys. I'm hesitating to update my Windows 7 to Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: windows81-logo.jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
windows81-logo.jpg
20 KB, 640x480
Hi guys. I'm hesitating to update my Windows 7 to Windows 10. I heard some bad and good stuff about W10 but I come there to have your advice about gaming within W10.

I heard that DirectX 12 is only on W10 and that it's amazingly awesome for gaming performance. It's the only reason that can make me accept the update.

So my question is :
Is W10 really good for gaming or is W7 still better ?
>>
File: file.jpg (372 KB, 799x1044) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
372 KB, 799x1044
don't do it.
>>
>>334579025

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

There's literally no point in moving to W10 yet. The OS itself doesn't bring anything new except malicious ads and constant spying by the NSA.
>>
>>334579025
Do yourself a favor and don't fucking install Bloatware 10.
>>
>>334579241
I'll wait until the list of "DX12 Only" games is about six times that size before I ever upgrade from Win7
>>
>>334579494

Also bare in mind that while some of those games technically support DX12, they are not even taking full advantage of it and don't run better than on DX11.
>>
Just use 8.1 with classic shell.
>>
>>334579241
What sort of malicious ads ? Ads that we see on internet depending of our activity spyed and ads that are not lock by adblock ?

>>334579215
What is the unit of all there numbers ? FPS of the game ?
>>
>>334580731

Scores on different benchmarks. Higher is better.
>>
>>334580731
Ads that are in your start menu and desktop.
>>
>>334579025
hes going all out
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxXs0Yy5-0Y
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.