[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>30 years old >still plays vidya Do people still judge them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: 1451365378250.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1451365378250.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>30 years old
>still plays vidya

Do people still judge them?
>>
File: 1456708099078.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1456708099078.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>334577309
Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
>>
Isn't 30 like the average age of gamers these days? The people who are 30 now are the people who grew up playing PS1/PS2 so it's not surprising that a lot of these guys are still playing.
>>
I plan on still playing video games when i'm 30
>>
Past 30 you don't give a fuck.
>>
but video games are cool and accepted today amirite
>>
>>334577398

Does that make us manchildren?
>>
>>334577398
good ol C.S. Lewis copypasta
>>
>>334577309
>has enough income to buy whatever the heck they want

Man those game makers are idiots appealing to those 30 year old losers XD
>>
>>334577497

Well they are the people who can afford to pay 15/month for a subscription.
>>
File: frogposting.gif (631 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
frogposting.gif
631 KB, 640x500
>>334577309
>OP
>still posting frogs
Shaking my head at you desu also dumb frogposter
>>
>>334579235

Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
>>
I'm 31 and I still play vidya.
I don't find myself playing them all day long since your priorities shift as you grow older but I can still enjoy them.
The biggest difference compared to 10 years ago is that I never fall for the hype of games any more and I never buy them at release.

AMA, I guess.
>>
>>334577309

Who gives a shit what other people think of what you do with your free time when you're 30?
>>
People are allowed to like whatever they want you dumb frogposter
>>
>>334577309
I was 20 when FF XV was revealed as FFvsXIII, so in my mind I'm still that 20 year old waiting to play it
>>
Eh. I'm 29 and I still love me some vidya. Do whatever you want, nobody cares.
>>
>still playing vidya at 30
Fucking pathetic
>>
30 and still playing vidya, don't really like the modern AAA stuff so I don't play a large variety
>>
I'm 37 and still play vidya, nothing wrong with it and nobody gives a fuck.
>>
My brother's 34 and still play games.

It doesn't really matter though.
>>
>>334580419

Do you earn enough to make gaming seem like a cheap hobby?
>>
File: 1445441718641.jpg (103 KB, 419x536) Image search: [Google]
1445441718641.jpg
103 KB, 419x536
>the older you grow the more you will realize one simple truth
nobody gives a fuck
>>
>board about videogames
>makes fun of people who play videogames
How does it work?
>>
>playing videogames past 20
Wait, people actually do that? Thats embarassing senpai
>>
Most of the people here are in their late 20s anyway.
>>
File: image.png (176 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
176 KB, 640x1136
>>334577497
>>
File: image.png (245 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
245 KB, 640x1136
>>334583759
Face it, it's an adult's hobby. Fuck off, child.
>>
>>334584123
>>334584191
>In fact, there are MORE gamers older than 36 than gamers younger than 35.

Huh. No shit...
>>
>>334577309
Do you think that when you are 30 that you will just stop liking or playing vidya just because of your age?

Just because you get older doesn't mean you just stop liking or doing the things you have done all your life.
>>
neo /v/ sure love to "judge" people these days. What happened to gaming? why is it just facebook 2.0 now? for 30 years people didn't give a shit and that's what brought them together. now half of /v/ is ready to knife someone who dare to play a system they don't like.
>>
>>334584123
>>334584191

Without knowing the details that statistic can't be taken serious.

your 50+ old mom&dad playing sometimes sudoku online / on mobile might count into that statistic wich would skew it significantly despite being far from the topics original intent.
>>
File: neofeels.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
neofeels.gif
2 MB, 750x750
>33
>still play vidya
>still live with parents
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.