[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth €20? I hated Dragon Age 2 but I want to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 2509963-blw5obcciaallar.jpg (83 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
2509963-blw5obcciaallar.jpg
83 KB, 960x960
Is this worth €20?

I hated Dragon Age 2 but I want to play a current gen WRPG that isn't insanely expensive for once.
>>
>>334576305
It's not so bad. It puts me to sleep though. Fetch quest inquisition would be a more accurate game.
>>
It's like playing a single player MMO with a terrible story, and the only enjoyable part of it is three characters.
>>
>>334576407
How different is it compared to the other two though?

Is the level design more open and less copy pasted?
>>
File: kick.webm (1 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
kick.webm
1 MB, 853x480
>>334576305
It's better than DA2.
Just don't bother with the shittons of quest marker you will got, 90% of them are fetch quest.
>>
>>334576305

Its miles better than 2, but not better than origins. Compared to Origins its more different as it dumps healers for a Guard/Barrier system that is sometimes better and sometimes worst.

It's good value at 20, but you just missed a sale where could have gotten the completed edition for around that.
>>
>>334576451
>single player MMO
Meaningless term.
>>
It's....fuck, its okay. I played it for a few weeks just because I have EA access and it was on there, decent enough but the combat gets monotonous.
>>
>>334576305
It is worth 20€.

However, I personally refused to pay for that game as well as Mass Effect 3 in protest against their shitty as fuck practices.

>>334576601
>fetch quest

True.

Also, playing on hard just turns enemies into bullet sponges. And because you only get like 6 abilities per character to keep console parity for no reason at all , there's no real challenge to hard mode. There's only bullet sponges.
>>
>>334576305
>Is this worth €20?

>I hated Dragon Age 2
You have to be a fucking retard if you even think this is a good question, especially when also want to give EA money.
>>
>>334576924
>Also, playing on hard just turns enemies into bullet sponges.
For bosses and dragons yea. Everything else just requires you to have dispel, guard break abilities, or weapons with bonuses to hitting barriers and guards. Also, abuse weapon crafting.
>>
Is the 6 hour Demo a waste of bandwidth to even download?

I have a feeling the intro alone would be around 4 of those hours.
>>
>>334576713
people using that term are just members of a new generation that knew online role playing games before offline ones.
So when they see a RPG, in their frame of reference it's an offline single-player multiplayer online role playing game.
>>
>>334576305
>€
If you really want to spend money on it, I'd say it's worth €5 at the very least.

It's a goddamn waste of time, honestly. I played it and I regret doing so. I haven't felt like that since FO3 happened.

>>334576713
It fits in this case. It's filled with nonsense fetch quests.
>>
>>334576305
Aeons better than 2 but not better than Origins. If 20 bucks isn't that much for you, I say get it.
>>
You'd get remorse from pirating it, so don't even buy it.
>>
>>334576468

Level design and graphics - Open worlded and pretty, but the world is static and there isn't much to do. Side quests are literally all boring MMO style quests and will overlevel you if they don't bore you to tears first.

Combat - Worse than the other two games IMO, its clunky hack and slash with walls of health enemies + spamming buttons. If you play on hard you might have to play more tactically but I don't think its worth it.

Soundtrack - Some good music but nothing outstanding

Writing - A few okay to good companions but most of them are irrelevant to the plot and just feel shoved in. Main quest is generic save the world stuff, some good ideas but a lot of poor execution, just like DA 2.
>>
>>334576713
apparently you never played one before
kingdoms of amalur: reckoning was the first game of this kind, and inquisition is exactly the same.
>>
>>334576305
It's really shit. Compared to the original it is extremely shallow, almost like an offline mmorpg.
The side quests suck yet you need to do them to progress. Definitely not worth 20 burger buck imo
>>
>>334578034
>It fits in this case.
It doesn't fit in any case.

>>334580820
>kingdoms of amalur: reckoning was the first game of this kind
Lol no. People tried to pass that term off for FF12 and it still didn't make any sense then.
>>
>>334576713
If you weren't such an autist taking everything litteraly and have played MMO's you would know it fits very well
>>
>>334580961
it didn't make sense for FF12 but it does for KoA
it's all about the quest design, if you can't see it i don't know what to say, it's so obvious
>>
>>334581017

If you played RPGs over the years, you would know you are dead wrong.

>>334581263
>it's all about the quest design
Where do you think those quest designs come from. Hint, it wasn't MMOs.
>>
>>334581475
you are fucking retarded
>>
>>334576305
For all the shit Dragon Age 2 got I honestly prefer it to 3. At least 2 had a concise and focused narrative. At least 2 had actual side quests you got from people. At least 2 had an actual interesting world that was populated even if it was small as hell.
Short as 2 may have been it had a better story and characters than inquisition. But hey thats just my opinion and I even liked a lot of Inquisition too.
>>
>>334581489

Doesn't make you any less wrong.
>>
>>334581489
That anon is right. Shit quest design has absolutely nothing to do with MMOs. It is simply shit quest design.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.