[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is The Division going to go down as one of the biggest fuck-ups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: TCTD_home_og-image_1200x628.jpg (253 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
TCTD_home_og-image_1200x628.jpg
253 KB, 1200x628
Is The Division going to go down as one of the biggest fuck-ups in gaming history?

I'm aware it sold extremely well, but with all the exploits, shitty dev choices, awful gear and dreadful content, did Massive/Ubisoft push the player base too far?
>>
What's with /v/ thinking every video game launch is some massive blunder? The Division wouldn't even make it into the top 100.
>>
Anyone who buys Ubishit games deserve whatever comes to them
>>
>>334575893

This is less about the launch, and more about the game going forward.

The Division had a hugely successful launch. It reviewed well, it sold well, and players enjoyed it.

Beyond that though, it's turning into a real shit show.

>>334575962

Rayman Origins was pretty great though.
>>
>>334575962
Jolly cooperation? That's what I got.
>>
>>334575715
>Is The Division going to go down as one of the biggest fuck-ups in gaming history?
No. Stop being a retard. If it goes down, it's going to go down with a whimper and a bit of /v/ shitposting.

Name 5 "biggest fuck-ups in gaming history" and why this is on par with them, because I legitimately can't think of even one universally-accepted fuck-up.
>>
being painfully mediocre is not a giant fuck up. Ubisoft has been consistently recreating the same formulas in all of their games for the past couple of years now and it works. The mechanics are familar, they are not overly ambitious with the content, they are just generic video games that some guy can play 2 hours a day, have some fun, then move on.

looking for financial success by appealing to the largest demographic is expected, just treat them like EA sport games. You know they are shit but some normal fag out there will buy every single annual release and play with their friends.
>>
That would imply anyone is still playing this garbage, which they aren't. It's already completely dead, so no one cares enough to call it that.
>>
File: 1459114143742.png (208 KB, 410x453) Image search: [Google]
1459114143742.png
208 KB, 410x453
>>334576103
>The Division had a hugely successful launch. It reviewed well, it sold well, and players enjoyed it.
>Beyond that though
>>
>>334575715
>a month from now
> "now that the dust has settled" thread
Oh /v/
>>
>>334576512
35000 people are playing it right now and that's just on Steam. I'd hardly call it dead.
>>
>>334576620
Typical /v/. I'm not here to argue about gameplay complaints or whatever, but every time /v/ calls a game "shit" and it sold a billion copies and got a 9.5/10 from every reviewer on earth, I just fucking laugh. They think they're being "the only ones who see the truth" when they're just being desperately, obnoxiously contrarian for literally no other reason to be contrarian.

I don't give a fuck what your reasons are -- if you walked into the board room of Ubisoft and said "LOL the Division sucks, blunder of the century", the executives would look up at you over their wheelbarrows of money and just shrug with a wry smile.
>>
File: MGSV-header-500x283.jpg (33 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-header-500x283.jpg
33 KB, 500x283
>biggest fuckup
no, people won't even remember it.
Picture related is the biggest fuckup
>>
>The Division will kill Destiny

NOPE
>>
>>334576512
I do my dailies with my friends every day. In fact, I think I've had at least an hour a day, every day since launch playing TC:TD with my bros.

Sorry you're a weird loser who's lost the ability to enjoy himself.
>>
>>334577029
They're different enough to maintain their own dedicated fanbases.

And by "different enough" I mean you can either choose between the Halo MMO or the Gears MMO. I don't know too many people who would obsess over both. Most have a clear favorite between those two gameplay styles.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.