[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does this game get fun? I've had the original trilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: latest.jpg (49 KB, 320x454) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
49 KB, 320x454
When does this game get fun? I've had the original trilogy for some time now and decided to start playing through it but I'm really not enjoying this game at all. I'm sure the sequels are better so I'm think about just moving on from this.
>>
How far in are you cause if you are about a quarter way through and it hasn't clicked for you yet, it probably wont.
>>
Honestly if it's not really clicking at all, it probably won't later on. The first game is pretty much all very similar from start to finish, and if douche-Ratchet gets on your nerves that certainly won't change.

The other games improve controls with strafing and lock-ons, but also get a better voice for Ratchet (while also calming him down). So maybe give the others a shot if you still want to, but the gameplay is still more or less the same.
>>
>>334570961
Just got to Planet Gaspar.
>>
>>334571124
Yeah. I don't know. I wanted to like these games but it's really not doing anything for me. Oh well.
>>
>>334571158
I would say you should try out the second game cause it doesn't change a whole lot from the planet that you are on.
>>
The first one is kind of rough around the edges like it doesn't have strafing and weapon leveling and so on
>>
>>334571312
I'll give it a shot. I was trying to hype myself up for the release of the new one but if they aren't something I can get into I'll end up skipping it altogether.
>>
>>334571674
>I was trying to hype myself up for the release of the new
Then don't play the first game; the new one is practically a remake of it.
>>
>>334570817
Skip 1
2 is best in the entire series
>>
>>334571674
2 sets the pace for the rest of the games and is more similar to the remake than the first one is in terms of game play. If you like 2 you'll probably like the make.
>>
The game is more about the story anyways, that's what kept me going. there's a reason ratchet is a douche (character-arc) and clank and ratchet are interesting characters as they evolve throughout the game.

Also it explains alot of the characters you'll see in future games and the gear you get (grindboots, clank upgrades)
>>
>>334570817
What are the best settings to emualte this game? I got a gtx 750 ti, but it sometimes dips down, and it is kinda annoying, I have a good cpu i5 4440 3,.1ghz,so I have no idea why it doesn't run at 60 fps, unless the original didn't run at them?
>>
>>334572132
I think all the Ratchet games up to Into the Nexus ran natively 60fps
>>
Up your arsenal>deadlocked>going commando>r&c

PS3 has no games.
>>
>>334572202
2>3>1>>>Deadlocked

>PS3 has no games.
What?
>>
>>334571780
This. Some parts were really hard when I was kid,but now that I'm older I can really enjoy what I found frustrating in it. Weapon upgrades are mint and the worlds were great.
>>
>>334572202
You can get the trilogy in HD on ps3.
>>
This game is great when I played it as a kid and I played it around a year ago via HD Collection and felt the same way, of course the sequels are much better but if you play this game like a 3D platfomer with some shooting elements instead of a TPS it might work out better. I also loved the atmosphere and characters even jerk Ratchet because I understood why he was like that and he even softened up near the end, just a fantastic start to a great series.
>>
>>334572357
Online play was big for me. Nobody will know my feels. Not anymore. I spent hours glitch hunting with the hover bike getting out of bounds and on top of things. The battles were a lot of fun too.
First game had unrefined controls. The series only improved peaking with up your arsenal.

And yes. No. Gaems.
>>
>>334572917
Hahahahaha GOOD MEMES MEMESTER XD
>>
>>334570817
Ratchet 1 has the most charm, but gameplay wise it's halfway between being PS1 and 2 quality. Unless you really like platformers it doesn't get better
>>
>>334572391
GC had difficult parts?
Also there's no large swimming section in Going Commando.
>>
>>334573394
http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Snowbeast_Award
>>
>>334573502
FUCKING SHIT PLANET
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.