[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? I kind of liked it, though I like Overwatch more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 22
File: battleborn-game.jpg (1 MB, 1500x938) Image search: [Google]
battleborn-game.jpg
1 MB, 1500x938
Thoughts? I kind of liked it, though I like Overwatch more
>>
It's incredibly poorly optimized and the aiming feels loose as fuck
>>
>>334561890
Enjoyed it more than overwatch because melees are more of a thing.
>>
>>334561890
I really like the character variety

I haven't played overwatch, but my understanding is that it has no melee characters?
>>
>>334561890
It needs some polishing but I like it better than Overwatch. More interesting/indepth shit with characters and stuff to do.
>>
>>334562494
Yeah
>>
>>334561890

I thought it wasn't terrible. Then I tried out Overwatch.

Could not uninstall Battleborn fast enough.
>>
>>334563075
What is Reinhardt?

And no. One ranged ability on a 12 second cooldown on an otherwise all melee/shield tank does not equate to ranged.
>>
>>334561890
Graymane or Battleborn?
>>
>>334563279
>1 character
My bad still not enough though.
>>
I prefer its gamemodes and character gameplay to Overwatch honestly. It also has a much wider hero pool so you get more variety.

It still has the Gearbox stench though, and the 60 dollar pricetag is way too high for this kind of game.
>>
File: day3top.jpg (72 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
day3top.jpg
72 KB, 610x343
The characters, holy shit. I thought this would be a cheap cashgrab, but they definetly put effort in this.

Spin-to-win Vegetta is a lot of fun.
>>
It's optimized like shit but I think it's pretty fun. Will probably buy it when it drops.
>>
>>334565131
Yeah no play style feels the same. Deande and Benedict are world's apart in the way they play.
>>
>>334565131
To add to that imo each character feels not only unique but also able to win fights or support your team well if you play smart. They still have some balancing issues (ambra galilea and some others still need a nerf ambra especially) to work out and a few characters that need a buff (caldarius boldur and a few others) but overall as a level 45 and playing for a week I can say that there aren't any inherently flawed battleborn that need a complete redesign.
>>
>>334566596
I feel Caldarius tries to do too much and ends up doing nothing.
>>
so overwatch will kill this before it even releases?
>>
>>334566825
All depends on what people want yo. Some people hate it some like it. Same with over watch all comes down to the players who are willing to play.
>>
>>334561890

It's a moba for people who don't like mobas.

It will be DoA on PC, consolefags might like it.
>>
>>334567424
>It's a moba for people who don't like mobas.
So TF2?
>>
>>334567467

TF2 doesn't have lanes, minions, towers, leveling and forces you to lock into one character.
>>
Having character and item unlocks in a competitive multiplayer game is a garbage design choice. Other than that, it seems okay.
>>
>>334565131
>Spin-to-win Vegetta is a lot of fun.

He is completely unbalanced right? It feels like it.
>>
>>334568104
He's strong, but is actually pretty tough to learn I'd say.
Personally I prefer Attikus for melee.
>>
The artstyle looks like a crappy low-tier shovelware saturday morning cartoon they used to have on Teletoon/YTV. Like... Starship Troopers: Roughnecks, or Skyland. It's not QUITE bad but not quite good either...
>>
I played the beta on PS4. Really don't like how it feels there. Feels sluggish and aiming also feels off. I could just be garbage though.

I'm tempted to try PC since the game reminds me of MNC
>>
>>334561890
Buddies and I decided to give this a shot after playing Overwatch all day.
It seems like a lot of hard work went into making everything high quality, but none into making it fun or cohesive. The characters all look and feel like they're from a million different games, and there's too much shit going on in-game that doesn't matter at all. I'd say it has potential, but I still can't decipher what it's supposed to feel like.
>>
can you change fov in overwatch yet
>>
>>334561890
tons of visual clutter
>>
>>334568104
Rath has very high DPS but he's also got no way to get out of a bad situation and easily dies.
If you get behind an enemy as him and attack them you can easily kill them but if you get surprised yourself you're as good as dead. His ult can easily kill 3 players if they're close together though.
>>
>>334567869
>competitive
>>
>>334568932
This is definitely one of my main complaints. There's so many effects going on at once it's damn near impossible to aim properly sometimes. It's especially a problem for melee characters since you literally can't see who you're hitting.
>>
orendi lewds where?
>>
>>334561890
Reminds me of Super Monday Night Combat
>>
>>334569701
Fuck that, Ambra lewds where?
>>
>>334567869
>wahhhhhhh I have to work at things!
All the characters are available to all players and all future characters are free. Gear is bought using the same currency as buildables so if you use it all on gearing up you won't be helping your team out
>>
I like Reyna the best.

Dat overshielding with normal shield/HP restoring for both you and your allies.
Dat marking shot to make enemies take more damage and show through walls with the potental to also slow them down or have homing shots.
Dat shield destroying alt fire
Dat powerful pistol
Dat ass

Her ult thing kinda sucks though. Also her hair is dumb, she should have had the hat from the art.
>>
>>334570562
She pulls her pistol mags out of her hair and she flips it during her taunt.
I can't hate it, no matter how stupid it is.
>>
>>334561890
An egoshooter isn't fun if all of your weapons feel like you're shooting peas at a tank. Same reason why I never liked Borderlands.
Whittling down healthbars with a huge gun isn't fun.
>>
So I just set all things to low and finally managed the play a game with bots after all those crashes for no reason and I got 40-50 FPS.But game keeps crashing every time I do something.How am I supposed to play if the game won't let me?
>>
There is too much positivism in this thread

I smell shill
>>
Games busted balance wise. Me and my two buddies have not lost yet. Miko, Montana and marquis as a team are completely op and I'm convinced miko is literally perfect as she stands and has no countrrplay
>>
>>334571028

Just because someone has positive thoughts about a game doesn't mean they're a shill. I don't think this game is worth the price tag at all. Now when it inevitably has to go F2P because no one is buying it, THEN it'll be worth playing. As it is right now it's just a fun little thing to play for the next day or so.
>>
>>334571028

>someone likes something I don't like
>SHIIILLLLLLL

fuck off with the buzzwords
>>
>>334570790
You're german, aren't you
>>
>>334571108
>>334571136
>instant overly defensive replies
Now I can definitely smell shill
>>
>>334571086

Miko is a man.

Also Montana seemed pretty shit to me when I tried him out. His large health pool doesn't matter much when he's so big and slow that you're going to get hit by everyone ever, and his gun doesn't kill fast enough to stop people from destroying him either. Only good thing he seemed to have was his stunning dash. Every time I've gone against an enemy one they've also been the worst player on the team.
>>
>>334571236
Jesus Christ you're autistic you degenerate scumfuck. Go outside for once and smell the fucking roses
>>
>shit balance
>very poor matchmatching
>no punishment for leaving
Doubt these things will be fixed for release. It's a pass from me.
>>
>>334571309
>endless ad hominem and no actual justification as to why the game is worth anyones time
Bingo, shill alert
>>
File: Battleborn Cald.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Battleborn Cald.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>334566076
I don't know how why you would even compare those 2...
There is a lot of variety, but there are a few who play a little similar but still have their own quirks about them, Caldarius and Mellka for example, play pretty similar but also have their own intricacies.
I really enjoy them both though.

Bombing someone from above when they think they've gotten away is to good.
>>
File: 4yrAPHLr.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
4yrAPHLr.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
reminder for who you are buying this from
>>
>>334571220
Um, yeah, how did you know? I didn't use a German expression as far as I know.
>>
>>334571293
Miko is an old witch woman what. She even jokes about being given a broom once.

Also Montana is busted when you have a Miko ult next to you and you can just dps away and get healed when the focus shifts to you. He does the perfect job . Of being a diversion tactic.
>>
>>334571364
>>>334566076
>I don't know how why you would even compare those 2...
>There is a lot of variety, but there are a few who play a little similar but still have their own quirks about them, Caldarius and Mellka for example, play pretty similar but also have their own intricacies.

God, this game's UI is a mess. It looks like one of those parody images from five years ago.
>>
Whos the most twitch shooter character out of them all?
>>
>>334571028
Gearbox has been proven to have shilled Borderlands here
>>
>>334571356
Somebody gave you justification and you called them a shill as well. So please, stop shitting up a thread with your bullshit. Don't you have a 4am thread to cry too
>>
>>334571086
Playing against shitty players doesn't make your composition OP. Go find a strong team to scrim with, and you'll see it's not as good as you think.

The only character that's legitimately busted is Galilea.
>>
>>334571236

I mean if you want me to say the bad shit about the game I totally can. The single player is all the worst parts of Borderlands mixed into a MOBA, all the dialogue in the game is incredibly cringe worthy, there are only two maps and the balance is all kinds of fucked, and given that this open beta only lasts for 3-4 days total the full launch of the game probably won't fix any of these problems.

Again not worth paying a single cent for, but a year down the line when Gearbox realizes no one wants to pay for this shit they'll either make it F2P or they'll just shit out more Borderlands games. If the former happens I'll defiantly come back to check it out (unless Overwatch also goes F2P by that time.)
>>
>>334571313
>no punishment for leaving
They can't do any activity until that match is over. So either they come back or sit with their thumb up their ass
>>
>>334561890
I played both story missions and...I don't like it. It's not total shit but it feels like an incomplete game. Maybe my lack of ever playing a MOBA is why. Levels reset every stage? I didn't understand what I'm grinding for if I start every round at level 1. And weapons feel useless when every enemy takes at least a full mag to kill. Bosses are grindy crap.

I guess it's not my thing but it even looked worse than BL2. Flat colors as backgrounds, bland textures everywhere.
>>
>>334571462
Its not to bad, most of the time its pretty clear but when shit gets hectic yeah there is stuff popping all over, kill/assists notifications, level up notification, helix notification, gear to buy notification.

Like I said, for the most part its not anything to bad to deal with, but its the effects that make it crazy, meleeing people is enough to cause seizures.
>>
>>334571364
>console
>Incredibly stiff slurred movement on all sides
>playing cald

Jesus Christ how horrifying
>>
>>334571549
>The only character that's legitimately busted is Galilea and Ambra
FTFY
>>
>>334571439
>egoshooter
>>
>>334571639
Cald is great once you get use to him.
He does need a damage or speed buff though.
>>
>>334571549

>Play Galilea
>Have no fucking clue how to make use of her E or F skills or even what exactly they do
>Don't bother using her shield much either
>Still come out on top just slashing things and throwing my shield at people

Bitch is crazy.
>>
>>334571693
the hell is an egoshooter anyway
>>
>>334571549
Played against a 4man remade that were all above level 40.

They all afked after their first sentry was taken in 5 minutes, and we're only level 13. Is that not enough for you, or do you really feel the need to try and refute my claim some more. I've finished best player as Miko 8 games in a row now with 25+ assists and 6+ kills with less then 4 deaths. Gailea is easy as fuck to kite anyway with proper cc and melee abuse, which nobody does
>>
>>334571693
whoops
didn't know that was only a German thing
it's a shitty term anyway, first person shooter it is
>>
>>334561890
>$60 on launch
>online multiplayer is primary game mode
>new IP with no dedicated fanbase
>2K
Evolve 2

I played the beta for a couple of hours and it was ehh. I might play it if it was F2P or $30. Too much fucking visual clutter and I didn't really enjoy any of the four characters I tried out.
>>
I bet they thought the name would give them all the marketing they need because lel skyrim but clearly this has not been the case.
>>
what is oscar mikes downside

>massive objective damage
>massive player damage
>massive wave clear
>massive survivability
>>
>>334571956
>>334571956
Unless you upgrade his clip to all empowered ammo and can really keep strong positioning you can get dicked by any melee pretty easily.
>>
>>334571956

He's a Call of Duty kid.

It's like the Soldier guy from Overwatch, overall very solid character but people wanna stray away from them due to the character design.
>>
File: 1459172725645.gif (1 MB, 240x268) Image search: [Google]
1459172725645.gif
1 MB, 240x268
>Dreamworks Face: The Game
>>
>>334571956
mm
not as lethal or long ranged as a sniper but just as squishy?

if you draw a bead on him as a melee even his Q cant help him
>>
>>334572068
did they forget to animate the dog
>>
>>334572028
>>334572034
>>334572139
so what you're telling me is if I stay near a teammate who has a stun to peel off any melee characters, I am effectively playing the best character in the game?

sounds good to me
>>
>>334562494

Why would you want melee characters in a FPS? It's not going to have good melee combat mechanics so its literally just standing next to someone and clicking the mouse. No aiming or skill required.
>>
>>334562494
Considering the melee characters annoyed the fuck out of me in BB that's a good thing
They just straight up get in your face and mash left mouse button, how fucking boring and devoid of any kind of skill is that
>>
>>334571908
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
Fuck this game where's borderlands 3 ?
>>
>>334572238
well shoot any character with a stun-move bodyguard would be that much more difficult to kill, sure
>>
>>334571803
Level means absolutely nothing, it's just an indicator of how long someone has played the game. Playtime doesn't translate directly into skill.
Also, just because a team is premade, doesn't mean they're any good. Tons of people just play together for fun, and don't actually try to coordinate anything.

>Galilea is easy as fuck to kite
Yeah, minus the shield throw that's a two fucking second stun. If you ever fight a good team with Galilea, she'll stun the healer and the team will immediately follow up and burst her down.

>I've finished best player as Miko 8 games in a row now with 25+ assists and 6+ kills with less then 4 deaths
Dang, you sure are a god with how amazing the average level of play in pubs is right now.
>>
File: 1460729603147-v.jpg (247 KB, 1546x768) Image search: [Google]
1460729603147-v.jpg
247 KB, 1546x768
This game has it's moments.
>2 teammates leave after dying twice
>Somehow don't notice this for the entire match
>Playing as /jojo/ Pudge, ganks are on point.
>Teammates get same amount of kills, assist in killing my targets
>destroy first turret, get 2nd down to 27
>get pushed back, struggle until 5 minutes
>Push out to creeps, enemy pushing to our turret
>Lose, 16 kills, 3 deaths

Really fun match, first time I can say I enjoyed playing against someone on console.

Started playing as Thicc thighs for the next few matches, keep getting beat to Sharyn by people who just unlocked her.
Hilariously sad to se these people rush out and get killed, even though you keep feeding them shields and opportunities to run.

I swear, 90% of the time, these people left after getting 10+ deaths
>>
>>334572528

I always lock in as thick thighs because damn near no one else plays as her. She's great.
>>
>>334572332

Melee strike (middle mouse) on any character does a knockback so you can get some breathing room.

As Melee Character you want to aim for crits, block as Galilea or Chomp as Kelvin.
>>
>>334570341

>Making player imbalance beyond skill a thing for newcomers to the game beyond day one

LITERALLY Evolve 2.

LITERALLY retarded
>>
>>334572238
Nah, you gotta switch to Whiskey to do that first.
>>
>>334572636
Forgot to take off my name, the app's convenient, but, I keep forgetting

And she is pretty great, comboing her with Oscar and Montana helped us roll over enemies; not to mention her Engineer-esque pistol, which I am in love with even more after getting the 2nd mutation.
>>
File: 1450304704586.png (59 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450304704586.png
59 KB, 250x250
You know, this thread made me think about giving the beta a shot. Free weekend, right? Then I though about it: I would never, ever buy this game for full price. It's not even the money, I could afford it, it's just that there are so many other great MOBAs out there that are totally free.
Why the fuck should I bother with this one if it's just slightly different? It looks fun, sure, but so do Dota, Smite, and random MOBA #533. And those are free, without the usual Gearbox DLC bukkake that's already visible on the horizon.
>>
>>334572332
It isnt. Melee character live and die by how well they can close distances and also knowing when to retreat. If they overextend they will get focused down. And you also have to know what skills to save for getting out of situations. Melee characters are very much high risk high reward characters.
>>
It goes for too much of the XD SO RANDUM comedy that Borderlands already capitalized on.
>>
>>334573014

There's no reason to buy it, and the free weekend is only gonna last like another 30 hours or so. Get out while you still can.
>>
File: this cat needs help.png (74 KB, 229x197) Image search: [Google]
this cat needs help.png
74 KB, 229x197
>>334561890
Will it ever go F2P? I feel like it would've been pretty successful if it launched F2P without the campaign.
It's a good SMNC successor.
>>
>>334572351
I think he's implying because Skyrim has Dragonborn that Gearbox is copying them with Battleborn.
Retards gonna retard mang.
>>
File: Dawn Key Kawng.jpg (63 KB, 603x562) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Key Kawng.jpg
63 KB, 603x562
I'm fucking STOKED that Gearbox is finally innovating the competitive FPS genre after already having done so much for the co-op FPS genre. I feel like this is going to be a real winner!
>>
>>334573089
An appropriate successor to SMNC would be a pile of trash. Shame there won't be a proper follow-up to the original game, though.
>>
>>334573062

Fucking Orendi man.

Design looks great, plays well. But then she's voiced by fucking Ashly Burch and has all of the usual lol random obnoxious lines that Burch is known for. Fucking soils it.
>>
>>334573225
passive aggression is a woman's tool, anon
>>
>>334572867
>get a few great characters right off the bat
>most of them are A tier and by no means are handicapped against characters that are unlocked later
>using literally because you have no vocabulary
Level 42 and I still use starting characters. The starting characters like oscar mike and montana and Marquis are some of the best ranged characters in the game.
>>
File: 1443713268872.jpg (60 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
1443713268872.jpg
60 KB, 600x335
>yfw you're not antony burch
>>
>>334573330
how come he got fired but his sister still stuck around for voicework
>>
File: doubleV8.jpg (269 KB, 605x852) Image search: [Google]
doubleV8.jpg
269 KB, 605x852
>>334573330
>>
File: 1457285884453-sugen.png (105 KB, 557x600) Image search: [Google]
1457285884453-sugen.png
105 KB, 557x600
>>334573330
>>
>>334573014
It's more like MNC -- if you've ever played that -- than a normal MOBA.

>without the usual Gearbox DLC bukkake that's already visible on the horizon
The only paid DLC are story missions (who fucking cares about that) and premium skins. Characters are earnable and maps are free. Having the season pass just means you unlock the character immediately, instead of having to unlock them.

I'm not sure why it's an issue for a game like this, anyway. Having a season pass for a multiplayer game means that they're locked into supporting it post-release for at least some amount of time, and it's not going to just die as soon as it comes out. Maps are free, so it's not going to cause a split in the inevitably modest community.

Anyway, the game is like $30 on key sites.

>>334573262
>That Burch is known for
What are you even talking about? Ashly isn't a writer for the game, and the only "lol random obnoxious lines" character she did before was Tiny Tina (which Orendi is basically a copy of). She's more well known for Chloe from LiS at this point than she is for Tina.
>>
>>334573645

I was thinking more back to her web series where she was always lol so wacky.
>>
>>334573645
i bet those premium skins will have actually-changed textures and doodads on the model instead of just a damn recolor too
>>
File: al.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
al.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>Ambra base melee attack speed

That isn't intended, is it?
>>
File: NasCal.jpg (669 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
NasCal.jpg
669 KB, 750x1334
>>334573645
>>334573737
Just so you guys are aware they have confirmed different variations of skins.
There are 3 levels:
Colors: which are just the recolors we have now
Themed: The example they gave was Zombie Ghalt, but people playing against bots have spotted a few others, like Nascar Cald
Premium: they said these ones would have model changs as well as possible animation/visual effect changes.

If I'm remembering right they can be gained from faction loot boxes in the full game.
They hinted at a Hawaii Kleese skin.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-16+at+06.39.59).jpg (35 KB, 420x266) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-16+at+06.39.59).jpg
35 KB, 420x266
>>334573330
>>
>>334569082
Yes, you do in fact compete against the enemy team. You're not sitting in a circle holding hands and singing kumbaya.
>>
>>334571313

>No punishment for leaving

Sounds great, m8.

No shitty MOBA should be a prison cell
>>
I don't know if I like how absolutely vital a healer/shielder is for success. Ideally, no character should be pick or lose tier.

inb4 comparisons to the importance of a TF2 medic, completely disregarding the fact that there are classes in that game completely tooled to one-shotting either the medic or their patient.
>>
>>334573014

>DOTA
>Looking fun.

You're a moron
>>
>>334574626

Don't forget in TF2 almost every class now has access to some sort of self healing and the medpacks all over the map can make managing without a medic possible.

Meanwhile in this all you have is slow health regen if you take it in your gear slots or the healing stations that also take forever to heal you to full HP while almost always being in an inconvenient location.
>>
>>334561890
>sjw character design
no thank you
>>
>>334574626
Seriously, if the fucking Mushroom is healing someone, he's unkillable.
A game without a healer, especially in the dumb 1-lane map, means you can't win.
>>
>>334574987
Healers in games are the worst. Nothing more annoying than a constant growth of somebodies health while you try to damage them.
>>
>>334575148
why don't you kill the healer then
>>
>>334575253
It's not that simple in the case of this game, since there is no real burst beyond a five man gangbang, and the fungi can heal himself, too.
>>
>>334574763
What does that even mean? Is that even a fully thought out post or did you just literally take a dump on your keyboard and press post?
>>
>>334575253
there's close to no verticality in the maps so unless you're Benedict and somehow manage to shoot over the huge tank the fungi is healing, it's pretty hard to target him.
>>
>>334575658
Don't forget that the mushroom can also upgrade his Q so that when he heals people, it heals himself at an accelerated rate. Just imagine a quick fix medic with a really fast charge rate.
>>
>destroy enemy sentry in Incursion as Kleese
>push in further with team
>Reyna and I set up shop in their balcony and proceed to slowly destroy their 2nd sentry
>enemy team can't do shit because shields for days
>>
>>334575658
And that's not even going into the issue of dealing reliable damage on him even if you had a line of sight on him. His team will make sure that no one gets close to him, so the only option is ranged damage, and that really leaves you with Marquis. He can do decent damage on him, but the moment the fungus notices he is taking damage, he's gonna pop his self heal and hide behind his meat mountain.
>>
>>334575775
>Enemy team can't do shit against two supports huddled up in an enclosed space

The rift generators are really frail. AoE is the bane of their existence.
>>
>>334575975
I just put them behind corners where the team can't actually hit them without pushing in, upon which I'd slow and taser them until they went away. That balcony is a really safe place to build a Kleese hive, hard for enemies to safely destroy the generators.
>>
>>334561890
>I like Overwatch more
Why do people keep comparing it to fucking Overwatch? They are not even in the same genre.
Battleborn is more like Super Monday Night Combat than anything.
>>
>>334576110
Oscar Mike (if they had him, of course) could have just stealthed in and napalmed the room before the rest of the team moves in. Then your attention would have been split between him and his team assaulting the balcony.
>>
>>334576314
Hm, probably. I guess they just had a bad team for that kind of setup.
You would think Benedict would be able to handle it but the bird is a squishy fucker. Must've lowered his health recently.
>>
File: 1454473803048.png (198 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454473803048.png
198 KB, 557x605
>>334575775
>Love to play Reyna
>see someone on my team pick Miko at the start of the match
>we both go FULL support helix mode
>literally nobody on our team dies for the entire game
>shields, heals, target marks and slows out the ass

the supports in this game are great
>>
>have to put all settings on low to run this game consistently at 60fps
>doesn't actually look very different anyway

ayy
>>
>>334576438
A bit too great. They shouldn't have as much of an impact as they do at the moment.
>>
File: Hard_days_samson_10.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Hard_days_samson_10.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>>334573330
>>
>>334576527
Better to make them strong so people will actually play support.
>>
>>334576527
Yeah they can be broken as shit with the right teammates. In pubs though you constantly get placed with shitty teammates who can't capitalize on the support and you're pretty much useless.
>>
>>334577192
Right now the meta basically requires a healer and some kind of shield support. It sucks to always see the same 2-3 characters every game.
>>
File: owreinhardt.jpg (622 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
owreinhardt.jpg
622 KB, 1920x1080
>>334562494
>I haven't played overwatch, but my understanding is that it has no melee characters?

Ahem.
>>
File: 1441891100456.jpg (202 KB, 433x390) Image search: [Google]
1441891100456.jpg
202 KB, 433x390
Why do people compare these games? One is TF3 and one is an FPSMOBA
>>
>>334577798
It's not much of a MOBA, but more like MNC. The mechanics are greatly simplified and aim counts for a lot.
>>
>>334577798
I think Overwatch is more mobafps than TF3. So much shit relies on your moba skills and teamwork instead of your shooting ability.

Especially if you play a hero like McCreed.
>>
>$60 for what should be a F2P game, shitty single player aside
>Shitty Le Ebic Meme Gearbox humor that could honestly be better if they weren't going for some PG rating
>Shit optimization despite looking like the first borderlands without cellshade.
>Graphics themselves are awful to the eyes and when shit goes on, you can't see fucking anything
>Far too few maps/gamemodes, with future content locked behind paywall to split the tiny playerbase after launch
>Of the two game modes I saw, they were mind-numblingly simple, I don't see how people actually find them difficult or can't understand them
>Incursion is basically 1 lane from a regular moba, with the jungle just being gold crystals you can easily break, the sentries basically being 2 towers, and the thrall camps basically being roshan and big jungle spots. Then a scatter of shitty micro defenses and aides that you spend money on because there is barely an item economy.
>Balance problems out the wazoo (though granted I only played for 10 hrs)
>Too few heroes, with only a few more coming after release, and again in the form of DLC
>Said hero roster is locked behind a bullshit grinding/achievement unlock system, so you can't start having fun with the actual hero you wanted to play
>Oh yeah, and once you do get the hero you want, you have to level them up to get them all their in-game mutations
>Finally you have to farm for loot packs to get items so you don't get shit on in game
>So overall, tons of fucking grinding for a $60 game that again should be F2P, but is instead getting full AAA treatment with DLC packs already announced

Sorry, it's a shit game.

About the only thing I like is the character design, even though much of it is copy-pasted from other games/media, just like Overwatch has.

But at least Overwatch is Fun.
>>
>>334578597
>>Oh yeah, and once you do get the hero you want, you have to level them up to get them all their in-game mutations

This is the worst part of it. I've never understood why there's grind on top of extra grind. It's like Gearbox really wanted to use a Chinese F2P business model but decided against it last minute.
>>
>>334561890

Oh boy another fucking character-based first person shooter. I guess this is the new cash-in game genre now that the MOBA-craze is starting to die.
>>
File: 1460851237592.png (307 KB, 427x559) Image search: [Google]
1460851237592.png
307 KB, 427x559
>>334578597
>Of the two game modes I saw, they were mind-numblingly simple, I don't see how people actually find them difficult or can't understand them

And yet, tons of retards playing couldnt understand them, playing this beta was an experience because I've never played with such morons before, even high rank people seemed to have no idea
>>
>>334578725
Getting the heroes is a grind in the beta because you can only get most of them via the rank unlock. You can get all the heroes much faster when you can actually unlock them through the challenges.
>>
>>334578380
>>334578173
>progress from level 1 to max level in a single match, reset after
>creeps pushing at towers
>not a moba

>literal tf2 clone
>more of a moba

do you guys even play video games or are you just here for the memes
>>
>>334579447
do you even read the post, i said it's more like mnc and less like dota and lol

there's 1 lane
you have direct control of your character
there are no items to buy
there is no last hitting
there are no wards
THERE ARE NO FUCKING TOWERS

fuck, i'm triggered
>>
>>334579583
>giant stationary ai tanks that you almost need creeps to damage

just because a game is in first person doesn't make it not a moba, anon

mnc is a moba
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.