[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bravely second came out this week in burger land >Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
>Bravely second came out this week in burger land
>Not a singe thread about it
Did the censorship meme really kill any discussion of it?
>>
I wanna lick those tittays
>>
>>334558526
Why bother, everyone who matters have hacked their 3ds and played the European version.

>>334558713
Yeah
>>
>>334558526
Japan got to play it last year.
Europe got to play it 2 months ago.

North America is too busy playing stuff like Dark Souls 3 to care about a 3DS RPG.
>>
>>334558526
Honestly I thought it had released several months ago and stopped caring about it.
>>
>>334558526
Impressions seemed to say it was worse than the first one, which is saying something considering the first one had filler out the ass.
>>
>>334558526
Didn't get the LE so I don't care.

Also I dropped the first game during the first timeloop. Went back after two years and forgot how to play so meh. Edea being sexy isn't enough for me to buy this or pirate.
>>
What is there to talk about besides the game being insanely boring and bad compared to BD?
>>
>>334559196
If anything second is automatically better than default just because it doesnt do the timeloop bullshit on top of refining the gameplay.
>>
>>334558526
There were plenty of threads. The game being bad, and better games releasing, don't help.
>>
>>334558526
>censorship meme

Naw. You're not fooling anyone.

>>>neogaf
>>
File: 1381945198053.png (814 KB, 774x639) Image search: [Google]
1381945198053.png
814 KB, 774x639
>>334558526
The censorship mainly ended up mattering somewhat because the game ended up mediocre as hell. It needed all the help it could get, including from the kind of niche autistic weebs who are willing to overlook mediocrity for waifus but also happen to care about censorship, unlike the rest of the population. As things stand most people don't care because it sucked and people who might have forgiven it sucking are irritated about the censorship and delays and have other good stuff to play instead.

At this point though things not looking too hot for that franchise. They'd have to do something special to turn things around at this point, dunno if they'll ever bother with a third.
>>
>>334558526
I was going to get it but the Agnes figure only came with Eurocuck edition

Also, fuck Nintendo of America for being the shittiest of all the nintendos
>>
Just picked up the collectors edition and it'll probably sit next to my unopened Bravely Default collectors edition.

As someone who really liked the first Final Fantasy will I really like this? And should I play Final Fantasy The 4 warriors of light first?
>>
>>334560376
Treehouse & NoA needs to eat man, if they didn't invent extra shit to keep themselves busy they'd have to either work harder at localizing more stuff faster or they'd have to cut some staff or pay or something. They're a business not a charity.
>>
>>334560507
The cool thing about BD is the ability to pull out insane combos using the better class abilities. I had more fun with the game by running around in circles with auto battle on for a few hours while doing something else, and then playing with all the classes maxed out. Though this will raise your character level to max quickly, so you can turn off xp during grinding if you want.
>>
>>334560718
Wait so is it still turn based?
>>
Maybe I let everyone else poison my mindset of the story, but it really does seem like the characters are worse this time around
>>
>>334561053

The battle system is unchanged from the previous game
>>
I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive. The demo seemed plenty fun and the filler in 1 didn't bother me too much.
>>
>>334561587

Did you like the new characters?
>>
>>334558526
Yep I was planning on getting it, but decided all the censorship was bullshit.
>>
>>334560238
>niche autistic weebs who are willing to overlook mediocrity for waifus but also happen to care about censorship
that's me
>>
>Did the censorship meme really kill any discussion of it?

No, it being a thoroughly 5/10 game killed any discussion of it.
>>
>>334561921
Me too. I was one of the ones that bought the first Neptunia for example. Although in fairness this was way less egregious and pissed me off way less in principle then instances like Mugen Souls did, because while this game only needs us because it ended up mediocre games like MS were aimed right down our strike zone in the first place and thus made zero sense to ever have be anything else. Sasuga localizers.
>>
>>334558526
>pre-ordered the LE
>read about the bullshit censorships they made
>cancelled the preorder

Nothing is sacred anymore.
>>
I am still trying to get all the play bonuses from the demo.

but I have no idea if this is a complete list:
*Fix everything on the moon
*Beat the Ba'al
*Beat the Ba'al on hard
*Max every Job for everyone
*Max out the monster book (fuck those tadpole things)
>>
No discussion because either people have played it before (EU versions been out a while) or don't want to play
>>
No the "it's shit" meme did it in even though it's a better game than the first
>>
at least I can be a wizard out the game in this game. Black magic did shit all in BD
>>
>>334562682

Is it really?
>>
>90% reused assets
>Painfully mediocre music
>Story makes entirely no sense in relation to BD
>Story retroactively ruins the tone of BD
>New jobs are donutsteel, gimmicky garbage
>The entire game is mindnumbingly, pathetically easy

It's a shitty cash-in title that should have been canceled.
>>
>>334563187
>>New jobs are donutsteel, gimmicky garbage

I only played the demo but I like the Gunner class. Barrage stacks with multistrike
>>
>>334562456
>Not flipping the CE

You dun goofed my man
>>
Did this game really have as much cut sidequest content as everyone was saying?
>>
>>334564549
They just changed it so there aren't any 'bad' endings to sidequests
>>
>>334565367

Yeah that shit, that's in the NA version after all? I don't think I'm even gonna bother pirating it, then.
>>
>>334563187
lol only comment on content so far
why the fuck do you faggots care about censorship for a waifu vidyao? grab a VN, or back to ex?
>>
Bravely Default was a truly shit game. I wanted to love it, and the characters were alright, but it really was a piece of shit. So much fucking filler, a very uninspired battle system (no, fuck you, it's just turn based with the slightest, slightest twist) and a boring as fuck world and setting. Relies on many, if not all, typical JRPG tropes. Could not bring myself to finish, because doing everything once or twice was enough, but trying to make me do it three times was fucking ridiculous. It wasn't hard, but purely tedious. How many times do you replay the same shit again? Bravely Default is pure and utter trash.

Why would the second game be any better?
>>
>>334562268
NISA is such a self destructive company.
Shitty localization are good motivators to learn nip anyway along with never ever games.
>>
>>334563558
I preordered from FUCKING GAMESTOP anyway. If it was Amazon I would've just kept it and scalp the shit out of it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.