[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banner Saga 2 is coming out in three days, hope you have your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: startscreenpng-1088be_765w.jpg (112 KB, 764x430) Image search: [Google]
startscreenpng-1088be_765w.jpg
112 KB, 764x430
Banner Saga 2 is coming out in three days, hope you have your saves ready. And I certainly hope you gave the arrow to Alette.
>>
It's been so long since I played the first one, I barely remember what happened in it.
>>
The first game was pretty damn good, even if short. Wondering how much the game can actually deviate from one extreme to another.
>>
>>334555497
I gave it to Bard because I felt like he wouldn't want to make his daughter a target
>>
>>334555625
SHIT'S FUCKED, basically
>>
>>334555625
Same here
The game should add in a function that has a summary of everything you did and everything important that happened
A journal or some shit like you see in most RPGs
>>
Having just finished the first one ready for 2, did anyone else think the ending was kind of a let down? I reckon the final battle should have been on the bridge, rather then some random town while building boats. also why would the horde disperse when you kill the red guy? I thought they were running from something as well.
>>
File: sad frog.png (139 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
sad frog.png
139 KB, 917x871
After looking up the perfect playthrough and comparing it with mine, I did make a lot of fuck ups.

>Let Eirik go with the others back to the village because he asked me to
>Gunnulf died because I was worried about the money and tried heling him pull it up
>Egil died because I had Onef join me and he turned out to be the crazy asshole
>Krumr died because I had him in charge of the defense while I went about worrying about the other shit going on in the village
>I have no fighters left, only about 200 clansmen and 100 varls

At least I still have the prince and his two henchmen, the crazy motherfucker that was actually not the real crazy motherfucker, the axe twins, that one woman archer that got trained by the other woman archer and I saved that drunkard so he might join me.

And I'm really glad I gave the arrow to Alette. I didn't know it would kill her, I was just doing it because she wanted to do it. But if I knew the choice was saving Rook or saving Alette, I'd choose save Rook ten times out of ten. He's cooler, better in combat and besides, it makes for a better story.
>>
File: Nox.gif (472 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
Nox.gif
472 KB, 500x250
>>334555497

I gave it to Alette.

I didn't realize it was the final boss. Or that the archer wouldn't survive.

It still hurts.
>>
>>334555625
>>334556185
Yeah, I played the game back when it was released at the very beginning of 2014, so I basically had to go look up gamefaqs and youtube and cross-reference the characters that were in my roster and what items I had to find out which decisions I made.
>>
>>334555780
I thought Banner Saga 1 had a pretty good length. Got 6 to 8 hours of it. Seems like the perfect length for this kind of game.
>>
>>334556840
I literally restarted my game when Onef turned out to be a cunt
>>
>>334555497
i recently bought it and put an hour into it to try it out. So far I lost an axe twin. my guys keep getting their shit pushed in so i might need to play on easy
>>
>>334556253
The battle on the bridge was awesome, when he chopped that dude's arm off it was cool as fuck.
I also liked the final boss fight and thought it was satisfactory, at least on the hard difficulty with my party.
Definitely did not expect the game to end there, but I didn't know at the time this was a part 1 of a trilogy. It's certainly a "to be continued" kind of ending.
>>
>>334555497
I liked the concept of the free multiplayer game, too bad its dead and multiplayer only
>>
>>334557036
Rook would have been a way worse death, 2bh. You made the right choice.
>>
>>334559573
can confirm

hopefully Alette's hood of sorrow means she changed class
>>
>>334557262
Heh, the only time I restarted was when I spent a hundred days on that village where the mender kept telling me to wait. I literally had no supplies and everyone was dead and the asshole still told me to wait just a few more days. The game got me good with that one.
>>
File: you've fucked it all up.png (72 KB, 247x226) Image search: [Google]
you've fucked it all up.png
72 KB, 247x226
>Dredge Slingers have never been seen before
>dead female dredge found with baby at the godstone is a slinger
>dredge are being forced to flee with their women and children
>the Sundr Iver killed was carrying her baby with her
>Slingers have bundles on their backs
>>
>>334563234

Look on the bright side. At least they don't have to suffer through the slow, agonizing death of everything. They at least get a quick end to all of this.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.