[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is walking dead videogame series really good or are they highly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
is walking dead videogame series really good or are they highly over rated?
>>
I would say overrated, but still worth getting while on sale. The Wolf Among Us is also a much better buy.
>>
Overrated, but not bad.

If you managed to play through it blind and without constantly thinking about how your choices don't matter, then it was fairly intense. But once you've played through once, there's no reason to bother with it again.
>>
>>334542147
First season is good. Second is whatever.
>>
File: 1460297102644.jpg (110 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460297102644.jpg
110 KB, 1200x1200
>>334542147
"Wolf among us" is prob the best of the telltale games and would play that over TWD.

I'm tired of zombies in general let alone TWD.

Don't pay full price for TWD, but it second hand.
>>
A little overrated, but S1 is a damn good game. S2 is okay, but it's characters aren't as solid as the original. 400 days is meh, just because it doesn't really change anything in S2.
>>
So far from what I played, I would rate :
Life is strange
Walking Dead Season 1
Tales From the Borderlands
Walking Dead Season 2

For the Telltale style of game.
>>
Lee dies
>>
>>334542147
A good silent playthrough on youtube is basically the same as playing it
>>
>>334542147
>I enjoyed TellTale Game of Thrones outside of the shitty engine.
Do I have shit taste?
>>
>>334544428

It is arguably the worst game in that style, but I guess if you really like GoT then whatever.
>>
Single biggest problem with season 2 was playing as a 12 year old. People just don't take anything a little kid says seriously. The situations she was put in were horribly forced and out of place because of her age. If she was aged up to 16 or 17 S2 would be greatly improved.
>>
>>334544656
*11 year old so even worse.
>>
>>334542291
>>334542552

The Wolf Among Us is probably the best telltale games out there.

Don't play the walking dead
>>
>>334544428
I bought the season pass and could play them right now. Is it worth a play through. I only got up to where asher stumbles on to a Drogo or whatever that dragons name is
>>
>>334544656
I thought it was better because she was so young. It made the shit she had to go through that much worse. Also being able to chose to make her do sadistic shit like watch that guy get beaten to death was pretty tits. I agree its forced at times though and vastly inferior to season 1 but it still wasnt bad.
>>
>>334542147
First one was great, It was when twd was somewhat fresh breath compared to the other shit i was watching and the game was different from what I've played before.

When seson 2 came out.. it didnt have the momentum or the feel of the first one.. and it dragged its feet at some points and rushed other places it could've used some better footing.

The inbetween stand alone 400days later thingy wasnt very satasfying nor lived up to any hype AND turned out to be useless as fuck with the layover to season 2.

As for the newest mini series thingy with the katana woman.. I've not bothered with it yet.. might pick up all 3 for easy buck when the time comes... but I've got a feeling its just going to be 400days later Tier 2 and give nothing to Season 3.

I'd say...
Its still Good.TWD.

I cried when Lee died(Season 1)... I just turned 30 man...

I cired when "Don't leave" from Clem in the Dream Season 2...

I Kinda wish I had just recorded those moments... Only time I felt like that was when I lost my SO.
>>
>>334544813
If you enjoy other telltale games then I would recommend it. It's main plot isn't that great, and it has a few frustrating inconsistencies but it has a good amount of interesting choices and interesting character interaction. If you had fun with the other telltale games you'll probably have fun with this.
>>
Your choices don't actually matter: The game
>>
Season 1 is glorious. Season 2 gets pretty fucking retarded. It ends strong if you don't buy into neo-Telltale's hack writing. For no good reason I can think of Telltale swerved and fucked up the later half of Season 2. And be prepared to feel depressed. Their stories almost constantly piss on your face. Does anyone else notice this? Telltale tries really hard to constantly make their audience feel sad in these games. It's their trademark and it's getting stale.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.