[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone place Endless Legend here? What's the best faction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: endlessl.png (353 KB, 616x340) Image search: [Google]
endlessl.png
353 KB, 616x340
Anyone place Endless Legend here?

What's the best faction?
>>
>>334541723
Just started playing today after realizing it was in my backlog and I had no excuse for wanting to play a 4X
>>
I want to say that the consensus on the amplitude forums are the Drakken being the best. Personally I've found myself with the most success with Broken Lords.

And nobody I've played uses Ardent Mages so ... hell if I know with regards to them.
>>
>>334541723
>What's the best faction?
Hard to say. All could be called best, but for a beginner the best would IMO Wild Walkers, because those are the most normale, Broken Lords, because those are really strong if you just concentrate on getting Dust and Vaulters, because those are in general strong if you know how holy ressources work.
>>
>>334541723

For base factions I love Roving Clans. You don't have to commit your cities to any single spot, they have good vision/mobility, early mercs, and they can generate Dust by the truckload in later eras.

For custom, Broken Lords with Businessmen
>>
>>334541723
>>334542989

Broken Lords are probably the best way to cheese the game in single player.

Drakken are absolutely broken in multiplayer though. Paying influence to end wars is pretty bonkers and shuts down hyper aggressive players. Most other factions can't generate the influence the Drakken are capable of, and therefore just can't pay the rising costs of constantly declaring war and keeping their social policies intact.

Also, Drakken units have a crap ton of HP, so they just stall out every fight they are in. You really need to be Necrophages to hope to counter their HP pools.
>>
File: Untitled1.jpg (31 KB, 247x327) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.jpg
31 KB, 247x327
>>334541890
Same here la. Tried Necrophages as apparently they're quite easy to start with, game's going alright I think, just been wiping out minor factions while trying to research shit asap, and when I get a nice dust stack going, I reckon I'll try and getting rid of a major faction.

Looking at the point/ score thing when you end a turn, I seem to be lagging behind though, so I'm quite worried by that.
>>
How much like Civilization is it? Do you actually kind of have control over your faction or is it just like civilization where every couple turns you click on something, and all of the gameplay revolved around what things you decide to click on when the game asks?
>>
>>334543315
I started with Drakkon, but I'm falling behind in the race. I think I need to start fresh now that I have a feel for it. I probably could have had 2-3 times as many cities and a firmer grasp on the technologies I really need.
>>
>>334543371
It's fairly similar to Civilization in some regards.

One of the main differences is that
You can have total control over actual battles.
And if you are crafty enough you can win battles that are unfavorable for you.
>>
>>334543315
>>334543504

Try not to worry about it on lower difficulties.

The AI can have some issues during war time if you are going for that route.

Just try to focus on your win condition and you should be fine.
>>
How do I keep my town happiness up? I see there's a couple things to research that help, but are they they only way?

How important is happiness?
>>
Vaulters were always the easiest for me just because I like science victories. I wouldn't say they were the most fun to play, though. That would probably be the Broken Lords
>>
>>334543315

Score doesn't mean much. It's pretty tough to be on top by turn 25, but around turn 40ish or so you'll usually find yourself climbing the scoreboard rapidly.

The AI does really dumb shit basically all game and isn't really efficient at making good use of policies. (like, they'll build a brand new city on turn 15 and thus pay a higher influence cost by turn 20 for their policies.)
>>
>>334544130
You can also get various luxury resources that give a happiness bonus too. It's pretty important because happy populations are more productive
>>
>>334544130

You get penalties for settling/conquering new cities and building burroughs.

You get bonuses for activating luxury resources and researching technologies.

One thing to keep in mind is that luxuries are essential to keeping high empire-wide happiness, but they require 5 extra to activate for every extra city in the empire (starting at 10 for your first city). So not only are you losing empire-wide happiness from extra settlements, it's also harder to bolster it because of luxury penalties.

As for importance, it's way more important than Civ, since not only do you take massive penalties for unhappiness (like Civ), you also get massive bonuses for high happiness. Properly balancing happiness is one of the bigger transition steps you have to take coming over fro civ.
>>
>>334544517
I've seen some of those around the map. Do you have to build a kind of extractor for those like titanium and glass steel, or is building next to them the only way?
>>
>>334544130

Pretty important. Allows you to produce faster and have lower taxes which increases pop.

Many improvements can generate happiness, and some specifically do that. Just look at the tooltips for an improvement and look for the pink thumbs up. Also, don't expand too fast or be a massive dick to your neighbors as that reduces happiness.
>>
File: 1455189395085.gif (1021 KB, 187x232) Image search: [Google]
1455189395085.gif
1021 KB, 187x232
>>334544490
It's turn 79

I'm 4th out of 6
>>
>>334544646
You have to build extractors. You might need research for some of them, though
>>
>>334544646

There are luxury extractors, yeah. If you build next to any resource, you get the extractor for free, but this shouldn't really be a consideration since you should be settling in the spot with the best overall potential.
>>
>>334544643

Another thing to add to this is that pretty much all of the empire happiness techs, including the ones that research happiness buildings, are essential (unless you're playing exceptionally tall races like Cultists), and you should probably have them researched before leaving that tech era.
>>
>>334541723
Cultists best boys
>>
>>334544967
Good advice. I'll make sure I squeeze that in next time.
>>
So anybody excited for Endless Space 2?

What do you guys think about Amplitude and their games in general?

I think they're solid devs and release good content at good price points. Their 4x games easily beat out anything else I've played, but I haven't played a lot of oldschool stuff, so not sure how the Endless games hold up by comparison.
>>
>>334545673
Hopeful. I don't know that anything will ever replace Master of Orion 2 as my space 4X though.
>>
>>334544710

What's the original source on this?
>>
File: 1392670038996.gif (5 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1392670038996.gif
5 KB, 500x500
>>334545842
Not too sure, here's another gif of it though (later in the dance with props)
>>
>>334545673
If they manage to add more unique factions and improve the combat, I'll probably enjoy it more than Endless Legend. I always had a preference for Sci Fi
>>
>>334546015
Ditto. At least EL dabbles in it though. One of the races straight up being from space isn't typical.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.