[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we do away with the second screen and touch screen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: B008GEH9HO_img3_lg.jpg (73 KB, 1024x934) Image search: [Google]
B008GEH9HO_img3_lg.jpg
73 KB, 1024x934
Should we do away with the second screen and touch screen?
>>
yes, for the sake battery life
>>
>>334538304
Reasons why we should get rid of the second screen

> More battery life
> The handheld would had been cheaper price
> The second screen is almost completely unnecessary

Reasons why we should get rid of the touch screen

> Most developers don't use it
> even games that use the touch screen only use it seldomly
>A few games can just the touch screen well doesn't justify the touch screen being there.
>>
No, it's a great idea. Gives you twice as much UI room, and the touch screen gives you extra buttons. The Zelda remakes have the best use of the screens I've seen.
>>
Yes
Instead of making two small screens make a single big one.
>>
File: 1293074.jpg (94 KB, 1080x1156) Image search: [Google]
1293074.jpg
94 KB, 1080x1156
>>334538304
The benefits of not having a second screen far outweighs the pros of having one. It's a clear choice for Nintendo not to have a dual screen handheld.

That being said, are they even making anymore? Isn't the NX sort of their last ditch on the market before they go full mobile?
>>
>>334538304

Get rid of 3D
Add a C-Stick for each hand.
Improve the specs. The PSP was more powerful than a 3DS for fuck's sake. To be able to compete with mobile gaming you need to have better hardware.
The dual screen is a classic and i wouldn't be too sure if I want it gone. The games that use it are original and fun, and it adds a possibility that no other device does. Mobiles come close but you don't use a stylus in them
>>
>>334539662
>To be able to compete with mobile gaming you need to have better hardware.
This mentality sure worked wonders for others in the handheld market.
>>
File: 1243454353453.jpg (90 KB, 620x777) Image search: [Google]
1243454353453.jpg
90 KB, 620x777
>>334539662
>To be able to compete with mobile gaming you need to have better hardware.

Literally, factually wrong.
Vita is one of the worst selling systems of all time that bombed worldwide and that has much better hardware than the 3DS.
3DS on the other hand has stellar sales, beating every current gen console and handheld currently.

The second screen is excellent and hopefully won't be going anywhere. What needs to be fucked off is the 3D shit. Nobody gives a fuck about that.
>>
>>334538304
Get rid of second screen. Make main screen bigger and a touch screen. Up the resolution.
>>
>>334540038

Vita had to compete with both 3DS and Mobiles. It was expensive, unhackable, and most of it's games were weebcore.

Nintendo handhelds will always sell just because of Pokemon and co.
>>
>>334539920
I don't even understand what point your post is trying to make.
>>
1 screen, 5-6 inches diagonal, ~1000x600 pixels, capacitive touchscreen, no gimmicks
>>
>>334538304
I the next handheld to have a single screen like the PS vita. I won't want a touch screen either. It appears most games usually make minimal use of it. Touch screen is almost unnecessary like the DS microphone. I mean there's games that make use of it though we shouldn't have it just because a few games take advantage of it.
No gimmicks like 3d feature. Just make a handheld to play games on.
>>
>>334541351
>No gimmicks like 3d feature. Just make a handheld to play games on.

Yeah, not happening. Nintendo needs a way to justify shitting out decade-old hardware.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.