[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Call of Duty story-wise / single player?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: cod-black-ops-3.jpg (87 KB, 695x434) Image search: [Google]
cod-black-ops-3.jpg
87 KB, 695x434
Ghosts?
>>
>>334535058
The 3 BO's. The original MW.
>>
>>334537330
Thanks
I'll play offline, I hate multiplayer games
>>
>>334537423
>playing cod campaigns
gross
>>
>>334537423
WaW isn't bad either. Avoid MW2/3
>>
>>334535058
the WW2 ones, MW1, BO1

Just play them in order, short AF
>>
>>334537554
Had a lot of with MW2. It was stupid, but it a had "drive" to it. Just very fun for some reason.
>>
>>334538028
I liked all CoD campaigns except for the last one which I didnt play
>>
MW2's campaign was pretty magical. Everything had a nice amount of pizazz, the score was perfect (hans zimmer), the range of locations were great and it had Ghost in it

MW1's campaign was good i guess but kinda forgettable. The writing itself was tasteful.

MW3's campaign was like MW2's but generally worse. It just lacked that pizazz.

i cant remember much about BO1's other than it being generally alright

BO2 was actually pretty top notch. level challenges and JOSEPHINA and stuff were really fun.
It's branching narrative was actually the best i've ever seen it done. I wish there was either more of it in other games

the actual writing was dogshit, but fun dogshit

never played any beyond ghost - computer isn't good enough
>>
>>334535058
Call of Duty 3
>>
>>334538028
MW2 had a really specific, innate 'good'-ness to it
maybe it was the music and voice-acting, or locations, or something
it was just nice, and tight
>>
Play WaW and the first two Black Ops.

Blops 3 is a clusterfuck and absolute disaster in terms of plot. It's essentially what happens when you put an ideas guy in charge of the script. Doesn't help that it's only tangentially related to the other games in the trilogy.
>>
>>334538267
Black Ops 3? It was amazing. Take it a psychological trip and try to dive into the "mind" of the story and you'll enjoy it immensely (even though the gameplay isn't that exiting and is planed for coop). If not, you'll just get confused and think it's stupid.
>>
Unless there are people playing on PS3 or 360... I will hate to play it offline
>>
>>334535058
Black Ops 1 overall, but MW3's last mission is great.
>>
>>334538571
Yea BO3, it had technical issues when it came out and I formatted my HDD before they were fixed and now I'm too stingy to re-pirate. 60 gigs is pretty hefty on my ratio man.

Maybe I'll find a nice repack or something, otherwise I'll pick it up when its 10$, no way I'm paying more considering I'm not touching the MP
>>
>>334539395
Similar problem: I enjoy the campaigns, but never liked the MP, and paying 60$ for 5 hours ride doesn't seem fair. Since I don't like pirating, I just borrow it from friends.
>>
>>334538484
>maybe it was the music
Hans zimmer oly did music for that MW? Mw2 music was ICONIC.

Been disappointed with every COD soundtrack since then.
>>
Black ops one and two are pretty good, especially Black ops 2 with the whole challenges and singleplayer create a class. Black ops 3 felt let shit, whole pacing was off and voice acting felt weird at some points.

WaW, MW and MW2 and good too.
>>
>>334539960
Meh they make enough money as is
>>
File: 1459128166982.jpg (181 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1459128166982.jpg
181 KB, 900x675
>>334538484
>mw2s music
I had the Spetsnaz theme as my ringtone till like ghosts came out
god it was so good
>>
>>334535058
I played through a bunch recently out of boredom starting with 1 and moving my way up.

MW2 is great. I'd say it's the best
CoD1 is great but the final mission on Veteran is bullshit
BO2 is great
CoD4 is good
WaW Russian campaign is fun

Skip everything else.
>>
>>334541331
>ENEMY AC130 ABOVE
>>
>>334541331
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK1oKroLxpc
RANGERS LEAD THE WAY
>>
>>334538571
There's no psychological trip, underage fuck, there's just the twist that you were actually dead.
>>
>>334538028
>remember, no russian
That fucking plot holy fucking awful
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.