[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been seeing a lot of WoW threads recently. Mainly either about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 12
File: wow 2.jpg (608 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wow 2.jpg
608 KB, 1600x1200
Been seeing a lot of WoW threads recently. Mainly either about Legion or the private server takedown. So why not have a WoW nostalgia thread? Talk about your fond memories playing the game. Preferably from classic WoW. But then again Cata came out 6 years ago and that's a long fucking time. So talk about anything really.

What were your favorite zones and why? Or a quest line you enjoyed?

I always enjoyed Winterspring.
>>
I remember that one time in vanilla when that fucking gnome warrior cunt out rolled me on ashkandi.
>>
>>334532046
What class you were back then?
>>
>start game during AQ patch
>think it's the coolest shit that we need to gather materials for a war effort
>Darkmoon Faire outside of TB one day
>see heavy leather on sale from a vendor. A vendor!
>buy some up and make a neat profit of a few silver by selling them on the AH for the war effort
>see two flagged Alliance, one a good amount of levels above me, another ??. We're the only ones there
>the two duel. The higher level character beats the lower level one
>I use Charge on the defeated guy and kill him before running to TB
>somehow make it back up top alive

That's what made me like pvp so much back then. I never really cared for it from BC onward.
>>
I remember when Blizzard used to make good games. I used to be able to look at their logo and say "I love these guys."

How things change, huh?
>>
>>334534121
Same can be said for like most game companies at this point.
>>
>>334531720
Tons of memories.
I tend to post the same but a tiny bit different this time.
> be a level 20 something warrior so new he didn't even know charge existed .
> meet with a level 60 warrior and talk with him and hit it off
> shows me the ropes of being a warrior , what it's like to be a high level one etc.
> gives me a green mace , for my level and says when I'm a bit higher hell run me through a place called scarlet monastery .
> back and forth he helps me , was there when I got the beserker stance and my whirlwind axe
>eventually helps me and builds my arcanite repear when I hit 58.
> it was truly a coming of age in the game for a warrior.
> he helped me become a great tank and prepped me for MTING for my guild.

He was a great friend, but like a lot of wow people he was getting married and slowly drifted off, it was still a hell of a time. Thanks bro. You made being a warrior in vanilla the most fun I've had in an mmo to date.
>>
>>334534121

Blizz still makes good games it's just you nostfags are too butthurt to see objectively
>>
>>334532309
>first time in AV around 2006
>no clue what I'm doing
>just following the zerg around
>eventually find some quests
>look them up on thotbot
>killing harpies in a cave
>get out, start killing horde again
fastforward
>Level 60 now
>got my Ice Barbed Spear a while ago
>digging this whole killing people thing
>Can't wait to get ranks
>get pushed back to Stormpike Graveyard
>sitting behind a hill with 2 other hunters, both have Lhok'Delar, one in T2 and another in T1
>Queuing up aimed shots on people, watching them pop
>couple of shaman on top of the hill, shitting chain lightning all over people

>couple weeks later, handing shit in
>druids start doing shit
>some guy is yelling in trade chat to get to the valley of strife
>touch this weird stump looking thing on the ground
>summon a giant as tree

Loved AV. Now it just takes 10 minutes and no one wants to actually fight players.
>>
>>334535057
I never experienced the day long AVs because by the time I hit 60 it was pretty close to BC(I was a very slow level) but I loved AV back then. LEvel 60 AV was probably the most fun I used to have. I played Horde so we never won, but when we did it was fucking intense.

Summoning the ice elemental and the ancient was amazing.

I just loved that it felt like an actual battle. 40 on each side, caves full of mobs, quests and home bases. Fuck that was great.
>>
>>334534875
No, even companies like Capcom still make good games. Blizzard hasn't made anything good since WoW took off.
>>334535049
Really? What were they?
>>
Holy shit, is anyone having a hard time running wow lately? i5, gtx970 and I still only get like 15 fps.
>>
>>334535057
Lord honestly I played vanilla since launch and saw the elemental/tree about 2-3times on each side. It was an almost guaranteed victory if you had that .
Armor scraps and summoning reinforcements was fun too.
Jumping in an AV and then logging out coming back and the battle is still going was just..fun . Like it felt like it was a battle . Nostalgia goggles or not all day battles are fun. If you wanted short bursts you had wsg and AB.
Also I miss hanging out in front of the BG you wanted to go too.
Arathi highlands was an amazing battlefield
>>
>>334535383
For sure, it was like AV was more than just a battleground. There were actual things to do there. Just gear up, get into AV, kill kids, sleep, get into the same AV, kill more kids, maybe win. Nothing like getting 1k hks every day just from turtles.

I remember seeing people with titles and looking up to them. I got Knight before they killed the ranking system. I didn't even have epic riding because I spent most of my time playing AV and WSG.
>>
all it takes is those 5 magical notes for all the memories to come flooding back.

https://youtu.be/g2SZuqyjKtA?t=2m
>>
>>334535537
I don't mean all, but a lot of companies have gone to the shitter recently. >>334535969
I was in an AV once where both were summoned.
>>334536067
I got to rank 5 before they got rid of it. I would have rather been a Blood Guard so much more than Senior Sargeant. If only I had one more month. I hated that I couldn't choose the ranks before me though. Like give me the option to display Grunt.
>>
>>334535969
Everytime I see the "Everything Counts" achievement on live, I just get sad. It's new AV, nothing counts.

As for going to the BG portals, most of my time playing was when there were battlemasters, but I bet the shenanigans in-between queues was hilarious.
>>
>>334535969
i remember dueling fools all day every day outside the arathi basin entrance waiting for the queue to pop
sucked being horde because we won like 20% of the time but it was still so much fun
>>
>>334536341
>but I bet the shenanigans
Such as player interaction as they waited for a queue?

I started after BG portals so I never got a chance to experience it.

I remember thinking the Meeting Stone was the coolest thing ever. A way to let others know you were interested in a quest. Getting an invite out of no where to maybe do a dungeon.

But they didn't actually work any where near like that in the end. Was still cool.
>>
>>334536272
I have a pretty embarrassing story.
My friend wanted me to play WoW with him, and I decided to give it a shot after hearing him talk about it all day.
>go out late to best buy with my mom to buy it
>end up subbing that night but it didn't go through right away and had to sleep
>got on before school and rolled a Dwarf Hunter
>got to level 2, but on the wrong server
>he told me to reroll and I said no and kept playing my level 2
>still have that little dwarf fucker to this day, except now he's an orc
I must've been three shades of stupid to not just reroll to the right server
>>
>>334536691
The portals were in the same zones, so there was world PvP while people were in queue. I remember a little bit. Was always a lot of horde on my server hanging around Arathi Highlands.
>>
>>334536750
Forgot to say, that music was one of the things made me fall in love with dwarves.
>>
>>334536892
All my friends played together. But the server we chose was 3 hours behind us server wise. The reason we played there was because of my friend who got me to try wow.
It ended up fucking with us later because my friend stopped playing and all guild raided at like 7-8 server time. Which back then was like 10-11 for us. which wasn't good for high school kids.

My first character was deleted because I started on the wrong zone. My friend was in Kalimdor and I was in EK. Rather than take the zep there I deleted him and made my Orc warrior. Who I still have to this day. As a space goat now though.
>>
>You think you want it
>But you don't

I know what he meant by this. Do you?
>>
>>334537623
There's an active nost thread up right now. Go there. There's no reason to talk about that shit and shit up the thread.
>>
>>334537696
Incorrect.
>>
>>334536989
The music is the best part. I like relistening to some zones every now and then.

Lion's Pride Inn is one of my favorites. One reason I regret not rolling an alliance and doing their zones from 1-60 in classic. The dwarf bunker towns in particular are so comfy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj08NzTD8pg
>>
>>334537297
I ended up transferring my dwarf to a new server sometime in BC. I didn't know what the server was, just that it was Cenarion Circle. It's RP and Pacific Time. Raiding was pretty dumb for me too, as was trying to walk around SW late on a school night.

>What do you think of the city?
>It's nice, but not as nice as your eyes.
>Oh bless the spirits, you really know how to make an elf girl blush. *blush*
>I'd do anything to see your cheeks turn red. *wink wink*
>*deeper blush*
>Why don't we head over to the Slaughtered Lamb and get some drinks?

And so passes another night on an RP server.
>>
>>334537994
I never rped on WoW, thank god. I tried to do it once, felt too weird and quit. And I'm not talking about erp either. I rolled a hunter to try and do it legit, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.
>>
>>334537975
There was a lot to be seen and in this case heard on both factions. My first time in Orgrimmar was mind blowing. It was a place I feared until Wrath. All those people hanging out on the roof to the bank. Roof guards going ape shit on any alliance they could find.
>>
>>334538221
I guess. The dwarf starter zone was always so fucking comfy. Like who'd ever wanna leave that place and go out into the world.
Just shoot at rabbits and then get drunk with your mates.
>>
>>334537975
i still love the argent tourney music

its just so damn festive and cheerful
https://youtu.be/bYg5FK237qY?t=2m45s
>>
>>334538174
I couldn't either. There were a couple of times I engaged with people all RP-like, but it was mostly to mess with them. This guy was one of the largest douches on our server and he would RP some of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7mH-BI0o8

Troldann, master of being a twat.

>>334538453
Favorite starter zone of all time. I don't think there's any other games that have one that I like either.

>>334538582
I have to give it to Howling Fjord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85JLNFc4eT4
>>
File: BloodCouncil.jpg (192 KB, 704x546) Image search: [Google]
BloodCouncil.jpg
192 KB, 704x546
Blood Elves are my favorite race in WarCraft and they're the only race I can stand to play on the Horde. I've been playing on an RP realm for 6 years now and I love the fact that even after all these years, Silvermoon is always populated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2NMzFAJ4o
>>
>>334538716
I did Borean on launch. Going into Northrend after all this time, and seeing the fortress the horde had constructed made me so hyped.

>>334538973
Silvermoon was always so nice. I remember going there when BC came out and just being amazed. Finding M'uru in his cage when doing the resurrection spell quest for Paladins was great. It doesn't get enough love.
Like Darnasus.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_080913_164829.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1018) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_080913_164829.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1018
>>334539175

Silvermoon is one of the last testaments to how not being able to fly really made the scale seem so much grander.

Even though most of this shit isn't modeled past where you can see, I can guarantee Sunfury Spire wouldn't feel this huge if you could fly.
>>
>>334531720

>Getting the Swift Zulian Tiger as Horde was nice
After that i started collecting mounts. I cared more about them than new gear. Still do. Mounts are forever. Gear changes.
>>
>>334539175
I went to Borean as well, but I ended up going to Howling Fjord later too, instead of Dragonblight (I have a habit of making bad decisions when it comes to doing things right the first time).
>>
>>334539330
The enitirety of the BE starter zone is just so majestic. I remember being absolutely wowed when I first logged on. After like 14 failed attempts.
The zone was more populated than Hellfire was that day.

That's one thing I also loved about WoW. Doing shit on launch. Seeing all those people out in the world with you. Everyone being new to the content just like you were. People helping with quests and forming groups left and right. It's what made BC such an amazing expansion for me. Other expansions had it too, but I feel like it was the strongest in BC.

>>334539510
Why'd you go there for?
>>
>>334540023
I'm not entirely sure why I went there. I think mostly because I started to run out of quests. The Overcharged Capacitor quest kind of turned me off to the zone and I probably headed over around then. I did all the DEHTA and caldara stuff.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_122414_040224.jpg (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_122414_040224.jpg
1 MB, 1366x768
>>334539440

>that feel when got Mimiron's Head on Christmas Eve
>haven't tried to get any other mount since
>>
>>334540380
It´s always nice to farm stuff like that, but actually getting him while Ulduar being endgame would be a completely different feeling. That sense of accomplishment and showing off your undead dragon for beating ICC while the entire realm was still struggling was one of the best things.
>>
>>334540380
I dig that mount. My friend got it recently during our annual play wow for a month event.

I got up to 150 mounts. I ended up moving my characters to a new wow account and my brother has my old one, but it's on the same battle.net. So even though we live in different states we still share all our wow bnet bound things.

Sadly though, none of my mounts are rare really. I think I have the new tiger mount from ZG, but that's it.

I also just ride the Golden Gryphon or Tawny Wind Rider everywhere I go. Tiny mounts are good for ganking lowbies. I am a monster.
>>
>>334540908

You could look up the rarest ones you have on here
http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/statsglobal-mounts-0-0.html
>>
>>334540023
>The enitirety of the BE starter zone is just so majestic. I remember being absolutely wowed when I first logged on. After like 14 failed attempts.
the best part of playing a BE at BC launch was farming up bloodthistle and selling it to people

drug dealing simulator 2007
>>
>>334540908
The only mounts really worth having for me would be the AQ Drone, the original Amani Bear and everything that´s linked to accomplishments that are temporary. People transferred to new servers just to get the chance of getting that Drone at the opening event. Blizzard being Blizzard said at first that new servers wouldn´t get the events and later gave them anyway.
>>
>>334541217
>bloodthistle
Holy shit I remember that. Everyone wanted it. It was for rogues, right?
>>
>>334541398
That's swiftthstle. Noob.
>>
>>334541398
it was a herb that only grew around the arcane sanctums in Eversong and the Ghostlands. It gave you a bonus to your spell power for 10 minutes, then when that ran out you went into withdrawls and took a spirit penalty (back when spirit actually mattered)
>>
>>334541673
Back when different buffs stacked. Why'd they ever get rid of that?
>>
>>334541151
Thanks
According to that the Brewfest Ram is my rarest. There are some at 0% which I think I might own. Although, I'm not sure that chart is right if that little amount of people have it.
>>334541320
>original Amani Bear
Almost had that one, but I was in a bad guild so I never got far enough fast enough.
>>
>>334531720
>So why not have a WoW nostalgia thread?
Because we have one every fucking day
>>
i played a while back before the first expansion and a little bit into BC,it i had a really fun time finding the exploits like getting ontop of ironforge and going to the airport. i liked to wave at people as they flew over.

>friend makes nightelf
>im a human
>go on a grand adventure through ironforge and the area around it, through the wetlands dodging alligators, getting a boat and walking to the starting area.
>you can just get a boat there now :(

im thinking of re subbing and trying an rp server. i played for a month last year and barely had to leave the cities because of all the new nonsense they put in like the new world layout and the dungeon finder. But maybe RP will spice it up?

anyone try an RP server? i played DND with friends once and it was pretty fun. figure it might be worth a try but i bet its not really any diffent
>>
>>334542187
I have that too. The brewfest mount might be my rarest too.
>>
>>334542827
Every time I play WoW it's always with my friends. We usually all get back into it, have a ton of fun getting to level cap, and then interest just sorta dies. I'm considering playing by myself one of these days and just grind. Try to enjoy the zones and stuff. No rush.
>>
>>334543220
I do the same, but I don't think I will when Legion comes out. The game is so different now already, I don't know what I'll do when it changes again.

>>334542827
I've never had an experience on an RP server that came close to DND, but I never looked for one.

All I can say is that there's probably better places to get some good ol' RP in.
>>
>>334543436
We're debating this right now. We are all sort of excited for it, but at the same time acknowledge that we can't sink the time into that we used to be able to. WoD was the first expansion we didn't play from launch on. We all picked it up in November, played through the zones, hit cap, do lfr a bit and then quit.

We just don't have it in us to find a guild and do raids and shit properly any more. And it's getting harder and harder to find guilds now considering how dead the servers are even with the mergers.
>>
>>334543684
Even my server that was 99% horde dominated is slowly turning alliance. Illidan too is apparently medium population.
The game is dying, Legion isn't going to revive it and the only hope we have lies in servers were we have to start over.

I'd say it's not worth it. However, if you're going to go for it at all, at launch would probably be the best, since that's when the uptake of people would happen. That might counter act the population issue and will provide some extra feeling of adventure.
>>
File: 1340829312777.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1340829312777.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>playing on PTR for the Naxx patch because my main is still BWM fodder tier
>find out you can create classes you don't even play
>make that gnome mage and join alterac valley
>spend 3 hours oneshotting people, both boss get summoned
>leave for a few hours
>log in at the end of the afternoon 5 hours later, join AV
>the same game is still going on
>>
>>334544153
>playing on the PTR
FIrst and only time I played a Warlock for more than 10 minutes. Something about seed of corruption in AV that made me giddy.

also
>gnome mage
GOAT
>>
>>334544084
That's the best idea. Either we get it during launch and have an easier time to get into the flow, or not at all.
>>
>>334535049
Have another (you)
>>
>>334544495
You couldn't choose your combo, each class only had one character available, I believe.
I remember the paladin option to be a female dwarf so I said fuck that
>>
File: Weeble.jpg (114 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
Weeble.jpg
114 KB, 500x412
>Started in early TBC
>Made a female Gnome Warrior who I planned on tanking with because the thought of someone barely 3' tall with cotton candy colored pigtails tanking gigantic mobs seemed awesome to me
>For some reason end up in Darkshore to level, I don't know if I got bored or got a wild hair up my ass or what
>Run into a female Draenei ele shaman around my level
>When I get in trouble with more mobs than I could handle she helps me
>We start questing and whatnot together and basically become fast friends
>We level at around the same pace until it's time to head off to Outland
>She told me to keep leveling without her and that she'd be sure to catch up when she comes back
>I hit 70 not long after that, and I start raiding with friends
>Gradually forget about her, but never removed her from friends list
>Fast forward to Sunwell, I'm off-tank for my Raid
>We're about to pull Brutallus after a break
>Suddenly she comes online
>Get excited and attempt to talk to her a couple minutes before pull
>She doesn't say anything
>Goes back offline
>"Friend removed because this character no longer exists"
>Get so disheartened I ask to be benched the rest of that night because something just came up

To this day I don't know if her account was hacked or what, but I'm not sure if knowing would have made it hurt any less.
>>
>>334544897
Oh that's lame. I also thought gnomes had extra int, but it was 5% mana during Vanilla. Don't remember what it was BC, but I don't think they reworked it then.

>>334545056
:(
>>
>>334545056
this is so sad.. tfw
>>
>>334535537
Overwatch for starters. Looks like a fun and enjoyable game. Hearthstone is half decent as well, but they've gone overboard with the RNG.
>>
>>334540380
addons? that looks good
>>
>>334546037

I liked what I could play of Overwatch so much I pre-order it on PS4

It helps that I want to impregnate pretty much every female on the roster, too.
>>
>>334546762

modified ElvUI

it's hidden by the bags in that picture but basically the only other add-on I use is Skada for dps/healing meters, and I have it embedded in ElvUI's right chat window
>>
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36044000

I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>334547276
>trying to bring more of this shitposting in here

yup, you're a nostalcuck, all right
>>
>>334547518

sure am inspiring shitposting, just look at that shitpost response already
>>
>>334547625
Go and take your impotent rage out over here

https://www.reddit.com/r/NostalriusBegins/
>>
Just sign the fucking petition and tell your friends haha to do the same then fuck off.
>>
>>334547708
So you've actually been there? Good to know, but no thanks.
>>
>>334547708
You are the one that got triggered though.
>>
>>334545056
>girl
>>
>>334545056
You ever wonder what has happened to the hundreds of people you've ever interacted with? The random guy you grouped with that one time in the Barrens some 10 years ago. Or that random guy who's quest mob you tagged.

You ever wonder how many of them are still alive? How some might have tragically died since then.
>>
have a pretty solid memory of doing warmups before a high school football game but all I could think about was the reset after (I think) s10 because I got duelist. was the first season I had actually gotten decent at the game, played OP hunt/resto as the druid to 2300 in 2s lel.

never got glad because i'm not that good at video games.
>>
>>334531720
>friend and I both playing paladin
>just finished gnomergan
>friend got the helmet that does the aoe cone of lightning
>go to duo mor'ladim
>friend uses helmet while fighting mor'ladim
>aggros all undead in a 30m 90 degree cone in front of him
>suddenly at least 8 mobs wholloping us
>both of us being paladins doing turn undead things, we manage to barely somehow kill all the other undead and mor'ladim
That helmet was so much fun. I ended up rerunning gnomergan to get it, and used it for an extra source of thorns for tanking dungeons. Aggroing an entire room of mobs and popping lay, ds, and bop to kill them all was super fun too.
>>
>>334548616

>Paladin
>Tanking

when was this? prot paladin did okay if it was tbc
>>
>>334548804
Vanilla of course. I made a lot of friends tanking. Initially people would hate on me for tanking paladin lol no taunt fucker i have bop for the healer, but by the end of the dungeon I'd get showered in praise and it felt G R E A T.
>>
>>334548981
Really? That's nice to hear. I used to tank dungeons back in classic as a warrior. Every time I got a non-priest healer I used to worry. I just liked the idea of priest healers with a warrior tank.
Plus they really helped out with shackle undead back then during Strath and Scholo. And why else would I bring a priest along if not to heal? To dps?
>>
>>334531720

One of my favorite things to do in vanilla WoW was exploring. You guys remember this shit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDQyEe06Q-M
>>
>>334549341
Never seen this. Pretty long too. What is it?

>Requiem for a dream starts playing
Yep. It's a wow video alright.
>>
>>334549206
I always preferred paladin healers to be honest. I always felt a little fear about the 5 second rule, I've had some really laggy priests almost ruin runs thank god for lay on hands and hp pots. Not to mention paladins stacked really nicely.

I also really enjoyed paladin.

It was really fun to be mean to DPS not playing right and give them blessing of salvation, or as I called it, blessing of shame.
>mage for the 6th fucking time stop pulling with ubernukeofpyronuclearattack
>when you do use it, stop fucking running out of my consecration you idiot
>use your goddamn wand
>ok fucker no more blessing of wisdom, you get the blessing of shame

Lay on Hands was just in general an awesome ability too. Restore to full and 30% extra armor? Yeah! Couple that with a stoneshield potion and I become unkillable for 2 minutes while the healer stands around and regens mana!
>>
>>334549840
>use your goddamn wand
Oh god damn. I almost forgot about that.
>>
so did blizz ruin it or did we just grow up and get jaded?
>>
>>334550139
Both?
>>
>>334549703
Just a long-ass video about exploring areas in the game you shouldn't be in. You know, going into the Caverns of Time before they were released, wall walking, the unreleased battleground in Azhara, that sort of thing.
The soundtrack is classic WoW video music, complete with Straight to Video by Mindless Self Indulgence.
>>
>>334550283
>Straight to video
I wish you didn't spoil that because I would have died hearing that in the same video with Requiem. This guy follow a check list or something?
>>
>>334550429
It was a requirement for making videos back then.
>>
>>334535537
Crapcom is shit too
>>
anyone remember the gm power videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMIJO76gisI
>>
Did anyone ever see that video of someones private server? It was way back in vanilla, and featured Wonderboy by Tenacious D in it. I remember that video being one of the first where I got to see shit I thought I'd never see in game.
>>
>>334550139
Both, it is in fact not the same game.
Gearing up is just as tedious, but less rewarding and noticeably less diverse in playstyle.
>>
If they removed all the changes Cataclysm made to the word, would that fix a lot of the problems?
>>
>>334550745
it would sure pretty up the world a bit
>>
>>334550663
That looks like the video I mentioned here >>334550672 , but the song is different. Is that the absolute original?

>>334550745
>>334550848
I'd play through everything again if that were the case. I hate the new world because it's in a perpetual state of Cataclysm/war. I liked it when you were just a guy wandering around finding work for your faction.

I went into Stonetalon a few years ago and all the quests are about Garrosh's war, where in classic you did your own thing.
>>
>>334550745
No, because a lot of changes in cataclysm came hand in hand with basic qol and gameplay changes.
Furthermore, you'd be hard pressed to get blizzard to ditch phasing.
>>
>tfw making twink 19s to pvp with, guild helps you with gear
>tfw first time high enough level to run noob guild mates through deadmines by yourself
>tfw you're in a group for deadmines with everyone there under lvl 15 and still clear
>>
>>334551023

i cant remember, it dosent have enough views so i think it is a reup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNoWsQpudx8

gm power 2 was what brought straight to video to wow videos i think

that video is from 8 years ago so i think its the original
>>
>>334551235
Okay so watching the first one you linked and it's definitely the video I was talking about. No doubt about it. Just with different songs than the one I saw. The one I saw had Wonderboy in it.

Never seen the second video.

Straight to Video was great because my friends and I changed the lyrics around to make fun of emos and shit.
>>
>you'll never take your 49 twink rogue into Hellfire and gank clothies again
I miss BC. I miss wPvP.
>>
>>334551502
those were good times, i remember watching it a whole ton as a kid

there was a video like that that used crazy by gnarls barkley but i cant remember that one.
>>
>>334551661
Crazy was great. What kind of video was it?
>>
>>334531720
The best.
>>
>>334551976
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z29Rk8814w
>>
Since we're talking about videos, I must confess, /v/; I still have to watch some old rogue pvp videos every now and then. Roguecraft was aways my favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqx1CFomKMI
It's really unfortunate Mute died in that horrible boat accident.
>>
>>334551850
i think it was a gm video or maybe a video showing off hidden areas? it was so long ago i cant remember
>>
Not enough people posting links to their favorite soundtrack.
>>
>>334552054
I hate imagining that something like this would be hated by the current fanbase because of the use of the word gay.
>>
>>334552230
Stormwind. Don't even play Alliance
>>
File: disappointment.jpg (23 KB, 620x363) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
23 KB, 620x363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUsF8weJJWs

>illegal danish 1
>fucking great
>illegal danish 2 comes out after forever, me waiting years for it
>>
>>334552545
After that long a time there was no way it would live up to expectations.
>>
>>334552230
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n6WP9qHyRM

Wrath of the Lich King was the best.
>>
>>334552230
It has to be this, for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNVomngq-Qc
Gives me goosebumps it's so good. I also really like the spooky forest themes. Fuck ,this whole soundtrack is amazing.
>>
>>334550283
The fact that they never opened a path into Old Iron Forge is mind-boggling, destroying vanilla Azeroth in Cata was dumb as well.
>>
>>334552230
Wintergrasp theme, all day everyday nigga
>>
>>334541151
>my rarest mount is the Swift Zhevra
sheeeeet
>>
>>334553321
>they never opened a path into Old Iron Forge
But they did?
>>
>>334541151
>the difference between the most common and least common nether drake is 5%
do people not buy all 6?
>>
>>334553595
really? I stopped playing two months into CATA

what's it used for?
>>
>>334553843
Nothing really I don't think, you can just go down there and see Magni Bronzebeard
>>
>>334553771
I didn't buy akk 6. Back when I get the Exalted rep I was poor so I bought 2 or 3 of them. I said I'd go back one day to buy the missing ones, but I never did.
>>
Hey, I've been really wanting to play on a private world of warcraft server but idk which one. Can anyone help me out? Vanilla preferred
>>
>>334554406
I guess, also weird that onyx is the most popular when veridian is objectively the master race
>>
>>334554570
Gonna have to find one yourself. A big one just got shut down.

>>334554678
I can't actually remember which ones I picked up. But onyx was definitely one.
>>
>All this massive backlash
>Blizzard will ignore it as they've ignored everything else
How are they allowed to get away with it?
>>
I played literally Vanilla for AV and chilling near neutral cities to enjoy World PvP.

Also exploring was fun as fuck, even after wall-walking was nerfed. ;_;7 Noggenfogger/Dopefish

Also I lost all my screenshots in a hard drive crash in 2008, I would summon a demon just to get those images back to see all the fun I had.
>>
>>334555098
It's simple. They won't. Being publicly traded forces you to be short term profit focused since investors just wanna make money and bail when the logical conclusion of being greedy happens. Investors being able to abandon with no strings attached is a serious cause of myopia in the economy.
>>
File: latest.jpg (790 KB, 2000x2822) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
790 KB, 2000x2822
/v/, who your favorite Warcraft hero/villain?

Pic related is the baddest mothafucker.
>>
File: 300px-Death_Knight.png (66 KB, 300x373) Image search: [Google]
300px-Death_Knight.png
66 KB, 300x373
>>334555454
Gorefiend is the man. the original Death Knights were so awesome.
>>
>>334555454
Arthas. Always liked him. Hate how they treat him. Does Metzen hate him or something?
>>
>>334555454
Cho'gall, he was really cool even in Warcraft 2, but Cataclysm and WoD both did pretty neat things with him, probably some of Blizzard's best retcons or weird revisitations to old lore
>>
>be me
>vanilla wow
>low lvl human pali, don't have mount yet
>some guildies headed to xroads to raid some horde scum
>invite me to come
>don't have the flight path for booty bay
>'just run through STV'
>have been to STV before
>got pwned pretty hard
>determinedkid.jpg
>think, maybe if I swimming will do the trick
>immediately consumed by fishes
>stick to edge of water maybe?
>aggro everything within a mile radius
>spend all day corpse running through STV
>finally make it to Booty Bay
>equipment all broken, huge repair bill
>board the boat to Ratchet
>make it to crossroads
>spend all night fighting in the barrens at different places with guildies
I have never had so much fun in an mmo. I never did anything super significant in WoW as far as progression or topping dps charts but fuck me if that wasn't one of my fondest memories in gaming.
>>
YTYDBYD
>>
My fondest memory after 10 years of playing WoW was cancelling my account
>>
>>334556712
I was in a leveling guild in vanilla. At the time I thought raiding was just massive world scale pvp. The concept of raid dungeons didn't exist for me yet. One time a huge group of us went for a raid to the eastern kingdom. We ran up STV and went all the way to Deadmines. Something so insignificant is one of the major memories I have of this game.
>>
>>334531720
>Enjoyed pvp with my female tauren warrior back in vanilla. Play with her each day. Pretty much do nothing else.
>Naturally I gain rank fast.
>One day I'm contacted by another pvp-er.

You are breaking the rules you asshole! the angry undead rogue tells me.
-Rules, I ask?

>Is shown one of those obscure internet forum sites.
>Site has figured out a ranking system and wants to set up who is going to be ranked next.
>Ignore the site and the rogue and keep doing what I love doing.
>Notice that I'm having a harder time getting into pvp groups. Getting lesser heals. Nonames trying to give me illogical orders in BG's. Stuff like that.
>Getting tells that I'm a hacker and a cheater. My ignore list growing larger.
>Managed to get High Warlord in the end but felt like I was hated by the entire server on both sides now.
>Years later I found out that the planned ranking system was actually a thing so that people wouldn't have to pvp in my autistic proportions to gain rank.

It's cold at the top, Arthas.
>>
>play in vanilla
>go on grand adventures around the world saving up money
>do lots of quests
>run dungeons with friends
>get to level 40 after a while
>save up even more money and finally buy my horse friend

>resub last year
>level character alone to 20 in a day and a half using the dungeon finder for 1/4 of it
>have enough money by the time i hit 20
>go buy my mount
>feel disappointed.
>>
>>334531720
>ask person for gold
>not in a begging way
>more like a "I just ran up to the repairman and it costs twice as much as I have"
>ask for probably less than 1g, must've been lvl 30 at the time
>he silently opens trade
>pause
>300g
>whisks away as I stand there speechless
>I didn't even want it

I've loved doing this to randoms ever since
>>
>>334557114
I think all the HWL had people play their account when they were at work or shit. It was common back then for that to happen. It took a ton of play time to hit rank 14.

>>334557159
I feel you. The game's changed a lot. Less rewarding in a way. But at the same time there's just so many factors that account for that.
>>
>>334557104
cool fucking story dude, I totally understand what you mean about insignificant events being major memories, that's what WoW was for me as well. I never even had an epic mount until BC was almost over, I was fucking trash at that game when I was a kid but that didn't matter, the game was good despite my skill level.
>>
>>334557550
While I regret spending so much time playing back then, at least I beat the evil internet cult in a way.
It was worth it.
>>
>>334557159
Unless you were a paly/lock having a mount right when you hit 40 was fuck hard to do.
I remember listening to my friend talk about running the AH and farming Darnassus rep to exalted and having his cat mount right at 40. I was probably about 50 and jelly as fuck.
>>
>>334558010
even as a pali that shit wasn't easy or free, the quest was some serious business and the barding was still pretty expensive
>>
>>334558183
Level 40 paly/lock mount was a 60 silver trainable spell.
But yes, the 60 mount was hard and required a group even for level 70's.
>>
>>334558334
my bad, you're right
>>
>>334557697
I thought you were sarcastic at first. This might have been the first time someone said cool story in a serious way. But same here. I was never really good at the game. The fact that I got to see some raids, mainly Kara and Gruul in BC was so fun.

>>334557917
Nah it's great that you won out in the end.

>>334558010
>>334558183
You're thinking about the level 60 epic mount quest both classes had. At level 40 they weren't hard. Just bought a relatively cheap spell I think.

Speaking of level 40 mounts
>stack of Savory Deviate Delights sell for 20-25 gold on my server
>Me and a friend pool up the money for the recipe. I fished them up, he cooked them. Split the gold from the AH 50/50
>at this rate we'd both have enough money for a mount at level 40
>I plan on buying the recipe and cutting him out without telling him
>One day I go to fish my stacks and see him there
The bastard beat me to it. To this day we both fucking laugh at that moment.
>>
I had to get a sub to unlock a hero portrait in hearthstone. What is there to even do in this game?
>>
>>334558607
Nothing now. It's literally a 'cash' farm for blizzard now. They realize it's a dying game and are trying to get as much money from it before it completely dies
>>
>>334531720
>Been seeing a lot of WoW threads recently.
If it's Legion thread it's made by regular shill.
If it's Nostalgia/Nostalrius thread it's made by blizzdrone who's bored with WoD and fish for (You)s instead with his post-purchase rationalizations.

which one are you?
>>
>>334557104
>At the time I thought raiding was just massive world scale pvp. The concept of raid dungeons didn't exist for me yet.

It was more fun that way anyway, you wouldn't miss out on much for pve raids other than some shiny purples.

>>334556712
STV was memorable to me as well, mainly because for whatever reason, during the time I was leveling my rogue with my friends everyone in the zone was roughly appropriately leveled, very few level 60s. What happened was the horde kept ganking us at Nesingwary, and I think the average level among all 25~ people at the area both sides included was like less than level 40. This pretty much meant it was back and forth killing, including many times where a fear here and there or someone panicking would train a shit ton of mobs including those quest boss ones like the fucking tiger on the hill.

You'd be killing the quest boss and then get ganked, but before you die you try to move about and because people greedy and figured they could take both you and the boss out for loot and EXP, and it comes back to bite them if you put up a fight.
>>
>>334558607
I'm not trying to be edgy when I say this but, nothing. There is nothing relevant to do anymore.
>>
>>334535049
>my shit casual taste is objective!

lolek, next you will tell me that Invisible War is better than original Deus Ex because it's newer.
>>
>>334546037
>Overwatch for starters. Looks like a fun and enjoyable game.
>looks
So you didn't play it but are shilling for it anyway, way to go blizzdrone
>Hearthstone is half decent as well
It's utter shit, your entire opinion is retarded, don't ever talk to me or my toon again.
>>
>>334558785
PVE raids were fun though. The environment made or broke a raid for me. ZG and Kara were among my favorite.
>>
>>334561002
I guess I'm in the minority then. I only stomached PVE raids because the of the carrot on the stick, which was really fun gear pieces like set bonuses or special trinkets/weapons/etc. Otherwise, after the initial run and learning the gimmick, I never felt anything outside of Razorgore was amusing, not even Naxx DDR or KT or even AQ40.

And I mostly enjoyed Razorgore only when people were fucking up just to see people running around panicking and leading the cleaving mobs into clothies.

Kara was probably my favorite raid setting as well, but even then my best memories were merely using the underground glitch to skip everything straight to chess then soloing it so I could have it all to myself.

I guess it's whether or not you can enjoy repeating things over and over and over again. I can't even stand that in arena when meta gets stale, let alone against a dumb AI.

To me the most fun will always be world pvp while pveing, especially during the leveling process. The constant changing variables really made the world come to life.
>>
File: darkwolf_face.jpg (14 KB, 490x272) Image search: [Google]
darkwolf_face.jpg
14 KB, 490x272
>>334557159
That reminds me.

>paladin weapon quest on a PvP realm
It's motherfucking adventure time in hostile lands.
>>
>>334556712
>be pally in Vanilla
>bumming in front of Ironforge, roughly lvl 38 or something
>Dun Morogh is under attack!
>people drop everything to rush to the next town (Kharanos or something, was it?)
>we're about 10 people and drive off the 5 or so hordies (can't say I played much of a role at my level though)
>"Horde is gonna pay for this shit."
>back to Ironforge
>"GUYS, WE'RE GOING TO KALIMDOR AND FUCK SHIT UP"
>more people gather around the flight master, building up a raid group
>off we go
>people at Menethil asking us what's going on
>join in as well
>we pretty much have anything from 30-60 with us
>GET ON THE SHIP MAGGOTS
>amass even more people in Theramore, can't fit them inside the raid group anymore
>people on mounts running ahead, people on foot at the rear
>finally arrive at crossroads to FUCK SHIT UP
>word gets out quickly
>everything turns into a bloody mess, settlement is filled with corpses, Horde and Alliance fighting everywhere
>both sides gradually receiving reinforcements (our late foot troops arriving and Horde from OG)
>finally the dust settles about 30-45 minutes later
>most people leave now
>rest of us are holding duels just outside of XR, Horde is there too and joins in

Good times.
>>
>>334534893
>play rogue
>high level rogue helps me with my poison quest
>she shows me the art of stealthing through wailing caverns and other instances
>gives me advice on how to deal the most damage, what kind of weapon is the best, etc.
Man, that was fun. Rogue really is the coolest class, if only for all the cool shit you can do as one. I'll always remember you, undead rogue chick.
>>
>>334548530
fucking this

>WotLK
>in old kingdom with some random guys
>there is a really really asshole tank who keeps whining and calling people noobs for not being fast
>dps mage tells him to stfu
>last boss
>make bad dps cause I was actually a noob but loved the rogue so much
>tanks gets super sperg after the fight and tells me to uninstall the game
>leaves
>mage tells me that I shouldn't listen to people like those and encourages me to play good and not minding assholes, cause there is going to be a of them in future
>such a nice person
>I will never forget that troll mage, never.

I wonder where he is now, does he still play wow? Is he happy?
>>
>>334558334
Paladin one was actually free. It was a quest reward with the quest text stating that "yeah we're doing this for you for free but in the future you better be fucking prepared (for the hard as balls epic mount quest)."
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.