[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeing all these Dark Souls threads has made me want to start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Seeing all these Dark Souls threads has made me want to start playing them. Should I start with the first?

Anyone care to give a new player a few pointers?
>>
You should start as early in the series as you have the means. If you have a PS3 then start with DeS, if not then start with DaS.

My only tip is don't let the reputation for difficulty fool you, if the game seems really hard you're being one-shot by enemies then you're probably going the wrong way. There's lots of possible sequence breaking, so just explore until you find a way that you can progress. The game doesn't hold your hand, so make an effort to understand things yourself.
>>
>>334530073
it doesn't matter they are all essentially the same. I say you have two options. either play the first because it's the cheapest, or play ds3 so you can talk about it with /v/ since that's apparently the reason you are now interested.
>>
>>334530073
Play demons, dark, dark 2, bloodborne, dark 3

If you do it any other way or leave any out you are a piece of garbage casual trash baby who should not be posting here.
>>
They're all really similar but DS1 encourages exploration in the early game better than the rest which makes it the best one to start with.
>>
DaS2 is the easiest so I'd say start with that one
>>
>>334530759
It's also shit though.
>>
>>334530073
Sure
int *pi
char *pc
In all seriousness though, either 1 or 3 would be good starting points, probably 1 first since it's much cheaper right now
>>
>seeing all these faggot threads makes me want to be a faggot too
>>
>>334531170
That's how being a properly socialized person works, actually.
>>
>>334530073
Play das 1, 2, 3 in that order. The lore is minimalist but if you play them out of order you will miss out on some really great moments of reincorporation.

The games aren't hard, they're just punishing when you die. Remember that almost every normal looking weapon is viable till endgame.
>>
OP Here. Thanks for all the advice!
>>
>>334532402
t. Not OP
>>
>>334532549
I actually was OP. Here I am again.
>>
File: 1455588722040.jpg (65 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1455588722040.jpg
65 KB, 460x460
Sure, don't buy it on pc

>crash souls
>clear pontiff, get invaded by godmode cheater
>log in to message about my account being flagged for "invalid game data" saying i'll get punished if i keep using the save
>have to finish my game in offline mode to avoid from's hamfisted banhammer policy

cheaters ruining it for the rest of us + usual shit priorities by from. terribly thought out anti cheat system > making the game fucking work
>>
>>334530073
start with dark souls 1, it will run even on a laptop.
pointers:
get dsfix from nexus mods
in the capra fight, kill the dogs first
upgrading your weapon is more useful than putting a point in strength or dexterity
make sure you have at least 50% or under equipment load
never level up resistance
pick the master key for your starting gift
when you get to fire link, go up the cliff first and not in the cemetery
aside from that there isnt really a "wrong" way to go, so just explore
have fun
>>
>>334530073

if you own a ps3 then play demon's first. Trust me on this. I didn't play that one first and it was ass compared to dark souls
>>
>>334532686
They flagged your account and you don't think you'll get banned... If DS2 is any sign of whats to come you are pretty fucked.
>>
Start with Dark Souls 1 or Demon's Souls if you can. Then, try Dark Souls 3, as sort of a prep for the more aggressive play in Bloodborne.

If Bloodborne is inaccessible to you, roll with Dark Souls 2 after you finish Dark Souls 3.

Dark Souls 2 plays quite differently from Dark Souls 1/3 and playing them in order may affect your playstyle when you head over to Dark Souls 3.

Also, the games aren't as difficult as marketing makes them out to be. If you're one of the people who use walkthroughs when they play games, none of the games should be that challenging.
>>
>>334533442
I'm saying tne opposite. From is so incompetent I can easily see them banning my account.
>>
>>334530297
The only thing that really gets my goat about DaS3 is that you're basically forced down a linear path without being able to decide where you want to go.

Also, I didn't invade 30 times as a Watchdog of Farron and now I can't max out that covenant because I'm too high level to invade anyone. That pisses me off too.
>>
>>334534383
Agreed, also just to note that indication is being seen by cheaters and non-cheaters alike. It's also not based on your save assuming your stats are not illegitimate but rather it is some kind of warning flag telling you to stop what it was you were doing at the time it was set. What ever save you had should be fine if it is 100% legit. It has been proven to remain even on a fresh install of the game where all data was wiped.
>>
>>334534660
I don't fucking trust them after das2. If being ivaded by cheaters is flagging it i'm just staying offline. Don't want no trouble.
>>
>>334534843
Ha, there is quite a bit of compelling evidence that a softban may still be issued after that flag is set. At least you can use a familyshare account if you do get softbanned anon.
>>
>>334530419
>no kings field
fag
>>
File: Dks3-progress_map.jpg (664 KB, 1374x934) Image search: [Google]
Dks3-progress_map.jpg
664 KB, 1374x934
>>334534417
But that's wrong
You can literally trigger the Dancer as soon as get to Emma and get to Lothric Castle or Consumed King's Garden very early
After Road of Sacrifices there's more choices too
>>
The lore in the game is next to non existent. It has barely more of a story than Doom 1 does.

Just pick any of them. If you want to do a lot of the multiplayer aspect, then just start with Dark Souls 3 since it's still fresh.
>>
Why do people ask which game out of a trilogy to play first? Do they not understand the fucking concept of a trilogy? Are they clinically retarded?
>>
>>334535937
Because games from japland follow no cohesive logic whatsoever 98% of the time.
>>
>>334535937
>trilogy
DeS/DaS/DaS 3 right?
>>
>>334530759
This is the fucking worst advice. DS2 is the worst entry point to the series possible.
>>
>>334535937
Are YOU clinically retarded?

This "trilogy" has no cohesive plot tying them all together.

It bets you can say that you should play DaS1 before DaS3 because of the references to the first game, but that hardly matters.

DaS2 exists in an unrelated void.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.