[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Minecraft dev team so incredibly incompetent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: defendthis.png (1 MB, 1000x961) Image search: [Google]
defendthis.png
1 MB, 1000x961
Why is the Minecraft dev team so incredibly incompetent?
>>
>>334527043
>buy a eternal beta of a game
>say it retarded to the developers
>>
>>334527043
It's about having a consistent aesthetic. It's not as if the devs are incapable of making higher poly models or higher res texture.
>>
>>334527043
Looks too realistic desu
>>
>>334527304
we speak english on this website

>>334527383
It's not just the visuals, though. They all had their own animations and AI. They take years to make even the smallest change or addition.
>>
>>334527383

pretty much this, its for consistency with the other animals
>>
Those look like fatter retextured wolves with minor changes.
>>
>>334527043
People actually still play this fucking game? I stopped after they started copying mods.
>>
File: 08 - XL2yCGq.jpg (77 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
08 - XL2yCGq.jpg
77 KB, 1024x768
>>334527043
THIS is why I won't install Minecraft. No matter what shit they put out, there was already a better mod 5 years ago
>>
>>334527043
HEY! its hard to work while the wife has fun with tyrone. the workplace is distracting for swedes.
>>
File: 1299688854616.gif (984 KB, 391x273) Image search: [Google]
1299688854616.gif
984 KB, 391x273
I can't even believe how slowly this game has been developed. It's one of the highest selling games of all time, and they barely add much in an entire year. Not that a lot of their changes are even good anyway.
>>
>>334527471
But I think that you understand me
>>
>>334527043
>Minecraft
>receiving new content that isn't almost purely aesthetic
>>
>>334529254
He doesn't have an argument, he just wants to shitpost
>>
>>334527043
Don't defend me or my son ever again.
>>
>>334529254
>>334529420
We speak English on this website
>>
>>334529520
Yeah.
>>
it's hard to make new content when your game has like four entirely separate forks that are all maintained by you simultaneously :^)
>>
File: charlie.jpg (57 KB, 450x521) Image search: [Google]
charlie.jpg
57 KB, 450x521
I remember when I got into minecraft in the first place. It felt fresh, new, something I had never experienced in a video game before. You start with nothing, and block by block you build yourself a shitty shack, then a bigger shack, mansion, and finally a whole little town with massive underground mining complex etc. just pure creativity all by you.
Just by playing you got the idea of the huge potential of this game, all the crazy shit you'd be able to build, all the new monsters, new climates, randomly generated ruins and cities, NPCs you could talk with etc. it felt like the biggest thing ever.

After years of playing and fighting the same fights over and over again I realized that the development is barely moving anywhere and the modding community is wayyy more competent than the devs would ever be. All I wanted was to make my own undersea dome city, but there is no point because there's absolutely fucking nothing in the sea. I wanted to make my own ship that could actually float and sail across the seas, but nope. We got shitty glitchy boats though that look like crates.

I even imagined the ability to get some super high tech and maybe building a spaceship you could use to get to space, and then see a randomly generated solar system with randomly generated planets with their own unique lifeforms and plants.

But no no no no, stop dreaming, have some doormats instead xD
>>
They aren't incompetent. You just have no fucking clue about graphics consistency and wanna shit on a game you don't like anyway.
>>
>>334527043
Why should they even add anything? The game already makes lodsamone.
>>
>>334530691

This. Part of the thrill of Minecraft when it first started out is all the potential it could have had.

At least the modding scene is strong otherwise I'd see no point of playing Minecraft. The Tekkit pack made it fun but too bad it's a bitch to run on servers.
>>
File: 1311190388805.gif (459 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1311190388805.gif
459 KB, 384x288
>>334527043
>Be 2009-2013
>mfw had a so shitty pc that Minecraft couldn't run
>Youtube videos seems comfy as fuck
>Get Gaymen PC in 2014
>All the charm is lost
>>
>>334530691
I played it in college first, enjoyed it for about 6 months to a year.

Then as you said I started realizing the development was barely moving and no meaningful additions were being made. Kept trying to spark my own interest in it again and again but it never went anywhere and I never played it again for long.

The modders are basically more interested in its potential than the original development teams.
>>
>Cube World became a scam instead of being the game that kicks minecraft's adventure mode shit in.
>We will never live in a world where Minecraft and Cube World would try to out do one another by making tons of good content to compete one another.

I am still mad that this didn't happen.
>>
Aren't you too old to be playing Minecraft? When it was fresh there was reason to play it with your friends as a teen or adult, but come on... move on. It's 3d legos. There's nothing more to do than pointlessly build. You are too old to be playing with legos.
>>
>>334532116
>Cube world
>Minecraft adventure mode
You can't build shit in cube world, fuck off
>>
>>334532534
You would have been able to build stuff with premade parts. That is if the game ever got updated.

With how bad the shit that got introduced minecraft at the time I wanted to see minecraft actually put effort into changing the game up, but instead we just got more usless shit like tripwires and color dye.
>>
File: 1349733633454.jpg (484 KB, 1450x1200) Image search: [Google]
1349733633454.jpg
484 KB, 1450x1200
>>334527043
Top one looks consistent with the game's visual style desu senpai.

I bought Minecraft in the alpha phase and stopped playing way before hunger meters, slendermemes, NPCs and whatnot nonsense. I should try it again sometime.
>>
>inb4 someone posts a floating island
>>
Mods are the only thing keeping the game interesting. I have a bunch of friends playing and the only reason I won't join them is it has to be mods for gameplay, or godmode in vanilla so I can just build cool shit.
>>
Why hasn't anyone made a minecraft in space yet?
>>
>>334534474
I'm playing Vanilla Expanded right now and it's kind of fun but it runs into the same stupid fucking problem I get every time I play the game.
That's the fact that you have to travel tens of thousands of blocks just to find ONE biome that has the shit you need.
And even then you still might not find it.
>>
>>334527043
SInce when are there official bears in Minecraft?
>>
>>334533031
see
>>334527471
>>
>>334527808
Why keep developing when people are giving millions for what's already there?
>>
>>334527043
>Why is the Minecraft dev team so incredibly incompetent?
What fucking dev team?
some no name kids with 0 experience adding one mesh or another once a month isnt exactly a fucking game developer team, its a joke
how many people even work on it? 4 ?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.