[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled can we all agree? DaS 1 >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 256x295
So now that the dust has settled can we all agree?

DaS 1 > DaS 3 > DaS 2 > DeS

sorry demons souls I love you for the atmosphere, having the best intro ever, and getting the ball rolling but I played the others too much more to give you a good spot
>>
DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS >>> DaS2
>>
>>334515261
Surprised you put 3 above 1. It's good but for me some of the things, like to name one, the fact that you can only invade if someone is embered. Kind of puts me off. The pvp only happens really around boss zones.
>>
File: 1449652738800.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1449652738800.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>334514838
So Demons Souls counts but not BB, the best one.
>>
BB>DeS>DaS1>DaS3>DaS2
>>
>>334515661
I'm not a cuck thus I do not own a ps4

I would love to play BB but console exclusivity cancer prevents me from doing it.
>>
>>334515936
Then why Demons Souls? it's also a Console exclusive
>>
>>334517110
It's older and I got it for cheap plus I had a PS3 already.

I played it a few years back.

PS3 wasn't as cucked as ps4. Fuck it had free online.

I still hate that DeS is exclusive though. The game would look a million times better on my PC.
>>
Reminder that DeS has the best
>bosses
>atmosphere
>level design
>combat (faster and more fluid than DkS)
>weapon design
>armor design
>invasion system
>mechanics (grass over estus, mana over spell uses, being in soul form actually has consequences)
And finally it was actually a complete game and didn't have downright pitiful, half-assed shit like Ash Lake, Anor Londo Castle, Lost Izalith, Demon Ruins, or the same Asylum Demon boss recycled three times. And it actually explained basic game mechanics unlike Dark Souls with kindling, Estus upgrades, and weapon upgrades. It also didn't cater to "le so hardcore xDD" memers and was never meant to be arbitrarily difficult, but was just meant to be punishing so victories felt more fulfilling and rewarding.
>>
>>334515261
now that the dust has settled i agree, but I'll see how i feel after all the dust has settled
>>
DeS > DkS2 > DkS3 > DkS > BB

Couldn't get into Bloodborne
>>
>>334517314
I like estus better, also felt that the DeS bosses were the easiest and the combat isn't as satisfying.

I also like the level design and flow in DaS 1 better and the invasion system. Though to be fair I don't have much experience with the demons souls invasion system or multiplayer.
>>
File: 1415384313251.png (136 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1415384313251.png
136 KB, 250x250
>>334517110
>>
>>334517314
Man i wish i could play DeS.

It's a wonder that they don't port it to PC as "THE GAME THAT STARTED IT ALL" i know i would buy it (well, not at first, since they always release a "way better edition" later on.

The later DLC-inclusive edition is also what keeps me from buying DS3 - knowing something cheaper all inclusive will come at a later time.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 382x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 382x552
>>334517452
>dark souls that far back

Absolutely fucking haram
>>
File: 1447524600988.jpg (18 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1447524600988.jpg
18 KB, 582x600
>>334517709
>I like DkS level design better
AHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHA
>>
>>334517772
So? You can get the game and just buy the season pass later if you want. I got 3 for 46 dollars.

I would buy demons souls again if they re released it on PC.
>>
Das3>das2>das1>DeS

Honest opinion. Although all of them are fantastic and I enjoyed every minute.
>>
DaS3 > BB = DaS1 > DaS2
>>
>>334517820
I'm not a PCuck who started with DkS, soz m8

It was a huge step down in nearly every way from DeS
>>
>>334517857
>ur opinion is funny

lol nice meme man I love laughing capran American

I prefer the more open world feel rather than weirdly teleporting from zone to zone. Also the zones I played in on DaS are far more memorable for me than DeS.
>>
>>334518003
I did play DaS first but I feel like I was objective and unbiased playing through both the way I did and I just enjoyed dark souls far more.
>>
>>334518045
Play Demon's Souls
>each level is like a unique adventure
>can start in any of the five worlds
>tons of nooks and crannies to explore and shortcuts, but all paths lead to the end of the level
>gameplay requires you to learn from mistakes, master enemy patterns, and use your abilities and items effectively
>level design, enemy design, and atmosphere are top notch and always keep you on your toes

Play Dark Souls
>world is a convoluted mess
>only one main path to take that you need to figure out through trial and error
>All the key NPCs are hidden in some far corner of the map
>none of the basic mechanics are explained at all
>half your time is spent aimlessly wandering to figure out what arbitrary bullshit the game wants you to do next or what random fucking item you need to open some path
>whole world is one big giant fucking maze because the devs decided to make everything interconnected to scale
>latter half of the game is borderline unfinished and is empty and sterile
>boss and enemy design are derivative and repetitive

You've likely never even played Demon's Souls anyways so feel free to fuck off
>>
>>334517857
do u relate to the guy laughing? plz leave the site
>>
>>334515608
Well, you could only invade in the first one if they weren't Hollowed.
>>
>>334518250
>my opinion is better
Kill yourself endless moon grass
>>
>>334517314
hahahahahahahaha

no

if you like the mechanics and invasion system that much you must think that dark souls 2 is the best in the series. The combat is comparitivley stiff to the rest of the series and the level, armor, and weapon designs are subpar for the series. Some people have nostalgia goggles that cover up the improvements of the series. Thats why DS2 is hated when its not a terrible game.
>>
File: neato.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
neato.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
DeS>DaS3>DaS1>>>>>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>334518250
I have played DeS you cuck nigger keep crying this hard because someone doesn't share your fucking opinion.

I don't prefer the linear feel in DeS, you clearly do, that's fucking fantastic glad you like it, I didn't as much as dark souls and to me the game was WAY easier than any of the Dark Souls games.
>>
>>334518496
Dark Souls 2 is the best behind DkS.

I actually just played through Demon's Souls again around Christmas time and it's aged great. Combat is slick, fewer. weapons but they feel unique and useful, level design and atmosphere are top notch, enemy design is great, music is second best behind BB, etc.
>>
>>334518531
Provide proof you played and beat it you dumbass.

There's these things called trophies m8, and get this, they unlock as you progress through the game. So post them with timestamp and (You) or fuck off.
>>
>>334517452
If you put DkS2 before DeS, you would go it perfecty... backwards.
>>
>>334518762
You want me to turn on my PS3 and take a pic of the trophy? Actually just might do that, taking a shit right now tho
>>
>>334518858
How could someone who likes BB hate DeS?

Fuck off and quit having the meme opinion and regurgitating the /v/ hivemind like a braindead sheep. Demon's Souls should be in the top 2 at the very least or you're a fucking idiot with shit taste. Simple as that.
>>
>>334514838
DaS3 > DeS > DaS2 > DaS1

Something about Dark Souls 1 was just kinda meh for me. I think 2 added in a lot of quality of life and UI updates that made it look a lot better, and I can't go back to 1 now.
>>
>>334517110
Ps3 had other good elusive games thou
>>
>>334518905
Yes, I will not respond to any of your bullshit until you back up your claims. Now fuck off fraud.
>>
>>334518250
i like both but my heart goes to DeS
>>
>>334519080
>being this much of a assmad faggot over a video game, you need to get out more
>>
>>334519332
>>, you need to get out more
You used that greentext incorrectly. Get out right now newfriend.
>>
DES>BB>DAS2>DAS3>DAS
>>
File: souls tree.jpg (1 MB, 1623x3108) Image search: [Google]
souls tree.jpg
1 MB, 1623x3108
>>334514838
I just got around to playing Demon's Souls after having played DaS1,2, and currently playing 3.

Gotta say, I almost like it better than 1. It's got a very 6th gen sense of atmosphere. It literally feels like a King's Field game, more than any of the following games do. (though DaS2 comes close, if only for it's references)

id say

DeS>DaS3>DaS=DaS2:Scholar>DaS2:vanilla
>>
>>334519505
>>334517452
>DeS at the top
>DkS2 near the top
>Dark Soul at the bottom
Patrician tastes Tbh.

Lol@ur life if you have DkS anywhere near the top, or if you regurgitate the /v/ hivemind meme that DkS2 is bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2858x2436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2858x2436
>>334519080
Faggot
>>
>>334520132
Kek did you rush through the game Looks like that is your only trophy senpai
>>
DaS3>DaS>BB>DaS2
>>
>>334520252
The ones that I'm missing in the pic are the "unlock all weapons,spells etc" ones also the top is for getting all the trophies you shitposter

I'm not trophy hunting scum either
>>
DeS=BB>DaS=/>DaS3>Clive Barker's Jericho>DaS2
>>
>>334520132
>didn't play it until 5 years after release
>did one quick play through and dropped it
Holy shit could you be anymore of a normie PCuck piece of shit. You're the cancer killing gaming.
>>
>>334518669
Maxing out weapons can be a pain in the ass, though. You are not guaranteed that the crystal lizards drop pure stones and they might even flop off the edge because oily havoc physics.
>>
DS1>Bloodborne>DS3>>>DeS>>>>>>>>DS2
>>
>>334521495
>moving the goalpost now after he got btfo

Kek, it wasn't "one quick playthrough" you cuck there's no way you'd even know that from what I posted.
>>
>>334521824
The goalpost was there all along, it was never moved. I knew you wouldn't have actually completed it and you're a fucking normie scum who played it FIVE (5) years after it released.
>>
>>334514838
>DaS2
>even on the list
the game is shit

also, i don't really like when people try to compare Demon souls with anything. It's like trying to compare the original Mario games with what we have today. There were plenty of limitations at the time that you should consider.
>>
>>334514838
demon's > rehash souls
>>
>>334515608
you couldnt invade anyone in any other game unless they were in human form
>des: human form required
>das 1: human form required
>das 2: human form required
>>
>>334522116
I did complete it you retarded bitch
>>
>>334522116
>nobody is allowed to play older games
>>
Getting a Pure Bladestone will always be the greatest moment in the series.
>>
>>334522116
>you're a fucking normie scum who played it FIVE (5) years after it released
are you genuinely an autist?
>>
>>334521495
>asks for proof
>gets shown proof
>"KEK KEK KEK"

Could you be anymore of a faggot?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.