[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one should I buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: gdfdfgd1.jpg (439 KB, 950x957) Image search: [Google]
gdfdfgd1.jpg
439 KB, 950x957
Which one should I buy?
>>
Amnesia. Far better experience. Outlast suffered far too much from monster closets, super obvious key points(you will get SO fucking tired of doing the same "puzzle" for every area, over and over and over...especially when you know which points trigger the screamy edgelords to chase you).
>>
>>334507350
Outlast, Amnesia is a fucking mess

>>334507619
Do not listen to this man, he lies.
>>
File: 1460559861498.jpg (195 KB, 900x719) Image search: [Google]
1460559861498.jpg
195 KB, 900x719
>>334507619
This nigga

Get Outlast, granted jump scares etc but it's better than Amnesia.

If you wanna feel cool and hip get Soma.
>>
>>334507350
The first Amnesia vs Outlast DLC? Absolutely Amnesia for an overall better experience.
Outlast is great tho, but the dlc isn't as good as the main game.
>>
>>334507814
>The first Amnesia vs Outlast DLC?
Yeah, it's between those two. I already have the base game.
>>
File: 1450306913401.gif (179 KB, 540x336) Image search: [Google]
1450306913401.gif
179 KB, 540x336
>>334507680
>Lies
Nah son, the only thing Outlast does better is the visuals. If thats his thing, then go ahead.

Same shitty puzzles(Oh do i have to turn this valve on? Oh does it now require me to run around in a circuit through these series of rooms because it made someone angry/chase me), repeated over and over really dragged Outlast down. Its one of those things where the games mechanics become so visible to the player that it ruins the overall experience. You know all the "scare" points, all the activation mechanisms after very little time in.

It stops being scary, or difficult, or anything beyond a basic chore of running the loop you need to activate the things to get to next room sets.
>>
>>334507968
If you really liked Outlast, maybe buy the dlc. If you are interested in Amnesia I would say go for it.
>>
>>334507680
>>334507758
Why did it become cool to hate on Amnesia? I understand if people who played Penumbra want to be hipsters and say that Black Plague was better but that was a long time ago and Penumbra was never even remotely popular.
>>
>>334510772
Simple, popular.

Lots of people who normally don't play horror games played it, or watched someone play it and it got this huge group of people saying "Amnesia is so scary!!".

Not saying Amnesia is bad, but it's not as good as the praise it gets.
>>
>>334510941
Well it is one of the best horror games in last 10-15 years. It doesn't have much competition but it's still very good.
>>
>>334507350
Neither, get A Machine for Pigs instead.
>>
play Alien Isolation
>>
>>334510941
>Not saying Amnesia is bad, but it's not as good as the praise it gets.
Then again not a single other game deserves any sort of comparable praise for being scary or well designed. Alien Isolation came close but suffered from erratic pacing and bad alien ai, and penumbra which were better games but relatively old and not really widely known.
Outlast was linear and railroaded in comparison.
>>
>>334511467
This.

It's scarier and more of a game than those two shitty walking sims
>>
>tfw got Amnesia for free last October

I already played it years ago on a pirate copy though.
>>
>>334511467
This. And the Penumbra games.
>>
Amnesia is better.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.