[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okl ykLqYdWE&t=72 Is Xe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9
File: 1460800004132.jpg (469 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1460800004132.jpg
469 KB, 1024x768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OklykLqYdWE&t=72

Is Xenoblade Chronicles X the greatest RPG ever made?

>flawless, creative world design
>the best combat of any RPG ever
>amazing, epic soundtrack
>cute characters with lots of personality
>flying around with a Skell is awesome
>>
Worse than its predecessor, so no.
>>
>>334501148
pretty much
>>
>>334501148
>Is Xenoblade Chronicles X the greatest RPG ever made?
No. It isn't.
>>
>>334501148
They somehow made a game worse than Xenoblade.
>>
>>334501335
Honestly, then what's a better RPG?
>>
Look at the blatant falseflagging today whoo boy
>>
>>334501360
>>334501217
fuck off
>>
>>334501148

>opinion
>opinion
>opinion
>outright wrong
>not even as good as Chromehounds

That's a whole lot you expect me to believe, anon.
>>
>>334501478
Your whole post is opinion and wrong.
>>
>>334501148
>Is Xenoblade Chronicles X the greatest RPG ever made?
No
>Is Xenoblade Chronicles X better than Xenoblade Chronicles in every way except story pacing?
Yes

Come at me
>>
>>334501148
The ending was shit, so unfortunatly no...
>>
>>334501724
First Xenoblade had better and more endearing characters, and a more coherent battle system.
Skell combat in X is particularly horrendous.
>>
>>334501870
>Making a shitty story throughout finally feel like an actual Xeno story.
>shit

yeah ok
>>
>>334502014
>First Xenoblade had better and more endearing characters
yeah we don't need that

>Skell combat in X is particularly horrendous
I would say it's too reminiscent of XC combat, slow
>>
>>334502065
Ch. 11's drama with Lao was stupid, and Ch 12's bombardment of last minute twists was terribly done.

Also, lame final boss out of nowhere that has nothing to do with anything.
>>
I need to get back into it, but I am currently back on yet another Skyrim playthrough.

That said, Xenoblade Chronicles X has a number of flaws. The city is largely useless eyecandy aside from the odd quest marker. There is fuckall to do and you can't actually go in anywhere. Of course this is just further excuse to GTFO of the city and explore. But still, it's annoying and breaks immersion.
>>
>>334501148
We had this exact thread yesterday
>>
>>334502247
>Also, lame final boss out of nowhere that has nothing to do with anything.

what? did you blindfold yourself playing, or this is some serious bullshit.
>>
>>334501148
>>amazing, epic soundtrack
I like XCX, but this is a load of crap.
>>
>>334502471

Yeah, the soundtrack is horrendous.
>>
>>334501148
i wish the combat didn't center around creatures being slow as fuck to attack while every single enemy soaks up ridiculous amounts of damage (like borderlands, but at least there's ways to compensate in that series).
>>
>>334501148
The game is mediocre if you enjoy forced grind offline mmos.

If you don't like grinding or mmos, the game is dissapointing
>>
>Mira is the wave-existance
>Lifehold is the Kadomony
>story is shit and has no potential, he says
>>
>>334501148
>>334501724

I don't see how X had such a better battle system. It was the same fucking shit only they removed the two mechanics that made it good and replaced them with garbage. So you get to customize one character better instead of customizing your entire team, big whoop. Thanks to the changes to tension arts and being able to swap your weapon types around, each class is a lot less unique anyway.
>>
>>334501148
>best ever
>amazing, epic
>cute
>awesome

Why don't you articulate why its good instead of spouting buzzwords like some IGN writer?
>>
>>334502441
So you actually thought a random DNA mish-mash blob monster made by your own fucked up defense system was a fitting final boss?

They should have just ended it with the Vita.
>>
>>334502814
So I assume you were a casual who copied ether blossom dance as well, great thanks for your opinion.

I bet you don't even understand how overdrive works. And the fact that the main problem with XC: slowness, was addressed with cooldown reduction skills and overdrive.
>>
>>334503114
Overdrive is boring, once its started you are an invincible death bringer that can easily keep it going forever and ever.

Your other 3 party members may as well not exist once you know how to use overdrive.
>>
>>334501148
>cute characters
>lots of personality
yeah i don't think so
>>
>>334502947
Its not the final boss, that's the whole point of the sequel bait.

The final boss of the game is Telethia endbringer/yggdralith zero.
>>
>>334503426
>The final boss of the game is Telethia endbringer/yggdralith zero.
Those are called bonus bosses dumbass.
>>
>>334503114

Never even learned blossom dance, actually. I went for the bottom trees because I thought the guns looked awesome.

X felt way slower to me thanks to both secondary cooldowns and only controlling one character. In X your entire team can fuck off and do whatever and it doesn't matter. At least with Visions and Team Attacks you had more direct control over them and their skill set was actually worth something.

Overdrive isn't even that complex - different color skills have pretty clear effects and those effects get better with a higher hit count. Doesn't take a whole lot to figure it out. And it's not like selecting skills from a hot bar is somehow more fun when you have to do it faster. You're still limited to the same few skills.
>>
>>334503259
That's the whole point of the game.

You as an MC are a nobody. Elma hires you. You are not cloud 3.0 with super sword who needs friends to follow him 24/7. And the whole J bodies this with yelvs quest basically says that you are an artificial mim with no actual human memories, because your memories were artificial, and not from a human source.
>>
>>334501148
It's up there, yes
>>
>>334503763
having more control =/= faster.

you clearly never experimented with augments.

>Cooldown augements (both primary and secondary)
>trigger happy/fastforward/secondary accelerator (50% cooldown on primary and secondary cooldown)
>Overdrive cooldown reduction

You can literally get max tertiary cooldown before the animation of an art ends. So I have no idea wtf you are talking about expect spouting bullshit.
>>
>>334501148
>>flawless, creative world design
I didn't like that you felt like a nobody who was just there, your team doesn't feel like you're friends with them, they tend to get mad at you for having your own opinion.
>>the best combat of any RPG ever
Eh, I didn't like that every enemy has a homing attack, and that it doesn't matter where you are, you'll probably get hit.
>>amazing, epic soundtrack
Only a couple tracks are amazing and epic, NLA has the WORST song.
>>cute characters with lots of personality
They aren't bad, I think they could've been better, I still feel nobody fucking likes you in this game.
>>flying around with a Skell is awesome
You're not wrong, but it's kinda boring at times.
>>
>>334504209

I played for a good 30 hours and still didn't have access to shit for augments past making debuffs last longer. I got the passive for shorter secondary cooldowns, but it didn't make combat any more fun or satisfying.

My complaint isn't even the pacing, its that it's just not that fucking fun because the elements that made it interesting were removed.
>>
>>334504567
>30 hours

yeah you need to put more investment than that. To quote the director:

"The design focus for this game was on map exploration and character builds during battle"

http://time.com/4149809/xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-tetsuya-takahashi/
>>
I like how people complain about jrpgs being a group of besties saving the world then a game comes along where people are only tied into a party because it's their job and people get pissed.
>>
>>334505094

Character builds aren't as fun as team builds, and exploring honestly wasn't that enjoyable. I mean, stumbling onto caves and shit was neat I guess, but finding treasures/nodes you can't activate yet isn't very exciting.

The first game had me hooked long before the 30 hour mark, but I had to push hard to get that far into X. I do want to give it a second chance sometime, but the game just offers nothing for me to go back to.
>>
>>334505328
pretty much

XCX is the exact opposite of typical JRPG stories. Problem is that it was targeting the wrong audience. If this game had a multi-console release people would appreciate it way more.
>>
>>334505460
That's fine. But all that says is it's not for you. A lot of people enjoyed XCX for the reason you disliked it. It's atleast in the top 5/top 10 best wii u games.

But I think I do agree with you that, if XCX focused on team builds while blending the effectiveness of solo builds, it would be even more amazing.

But what they did is very commendable, hence why it's popular.
>>
>>334505094
>30 hours
>Not enough

That is just ridiculous to suggest.
And I've played all the way to building an Ares 90 and having an infinite overdrive build that can fell the strongest shit, its not anymore fun than stuff before the 30 hour mark.
>>
>>334505802

It's pretty impressive what they were able to do with the hardware, it just feels like the built this big wonderful world and then scrambled to just stuff it with whatever content they could without much regard to quality. The game feels like grinding out progress for the sake of it, and that just isn't enjoyable for me.

>It's atleast in the top 5/top 10 best wii u games.

That honestly isn't saying much though. The Wii U isn't exactly sitting on a very expansive library. It's the only current gen console I own, and honestly part of the reason I even have it at all is because of my initial hype for Xenoblade X, but I really feel like I wouldn't have missed much if I had passed on it.
>>
>>334506017
You can't max affinity off all the characters so that you unlock the major arts needed to try other builts outside blossom dance in 30 hours.

For example, a gravity lunge psycho launcher built. To unlock that art (strongest psycho launcher art) you need to get 4 hearts with murderess. You can't do that in 30 hours, while finishing the game.

To be done with the game = unlocking all the arts necessary for each weapon type. That requires 100+ hours min. The quests wherre you get holo figures as rewards are pointless imo.
>>
>>334506457
Well I have hopes that the next game will have to be more polished, seing as it was their very first hd game, and it being able to supercede the benchmarks of many well known open world games like Fallout and GTA. That's commendable, but obviously needs rom for more polish. There's no doubt this is a good game on wii u though
>>
>>334501148
The content in the game is garbage.

Campaign is retarded, side quests are MMO shit, yes even the voiced ones, multiplayer content sucks too.

The only good thing it has is the open world design, literally everything else sucks.

Combat gets OP as fuck really fast, everyone looks ugly, the cutscene animations are Bioware tier.

The only way you can think this mediocre or just plain bad RPG is the best ever is if you never played an RPG before.

And since you are a Nintebdrone that could very well be true.

130 hours here, at first it was fun then i got bored of the 45 let's cook tatsu joke or >muh pizza shit, couldn't even finish the campaign abandoned it just before recruiting the cat people, lol every single main story mission ends up the same: whelp we failed, nothing happens but at least we could bring in more poorly designed freak aliens, and they all have their favorite food LEL here's 15 more boring side quests for you to find out.

Seriously the sidequests are SO BAD, you spend even more time running around and talking to NPCs than Witcher 3, but in that game it's a pleasure with it's production values.

The probe system is probably the most boring thing in the game, also why the hell party members don't share XP? It's literally imposible to have all of them at the same level without getting overleveled as hell yourself.
>But you can powerlevel them with high lvl bosses
Nice game design you got there.

Fucking garbage of a game, and i was so hyped.

Also the fucking music lol, EVERYTHING SUCKS.
>>
>>334507845
If you hated it that much why did you play 130 hours?

Honestly if anyone spent more than 50 hours in that game he at least liked it.
>>
>>334506663
The game doesn't just become more fun just because you put in hours to unlock a single move for a single weapon type you know.

By 30 hours you have a good enough handle of the combat system, and anything beyond that it is just finding out how to abuse OP shit.
>>
>>334508121
>Uhh well you haven't played it enough bro
>Wow why did you play it for so long if you didn't like it?

Just kill yourself, fucking Inquisition was better than this garbage, Monolith just can't make a good game.
>>
>>334507845
>130 hours

you exposed yourself too quickly there buddy. I almost fell for it.
>>
>weebshit
>good
top kek
>>
>>334508310
I'm not that other guy. 30 hours is way enough to have a decent opinion of that game.
>>
>>334508310
>if I shit about it loud enough maybe people will agree with me
>>
>>334508121
>Someone suggests that you should keep playing even more to get to stuff that is fun
>You assert someone must like the game if they keep playing it

MAKE UP YOUR MIND PEOPLE, IT CAN'T BE BOTH
>>
>>334508518
Big news!

/v/ is not one guy.
>>
>>334508316
130 hours was what my save time said just before i sold this garbage game to a poor soul.

Keep believing something is good just bevause it's exclusive to your mickey mouse dead console though, it's hilarious.
>>
>>334508589
Well duh, its 2 guys.
Me, and the rest of you.
>>
File: 1459904711438.gif (1 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1459904711438.gif
1 MB, 450x450
>>334502196
>Don't need good characters in a jrpg
>>
>>334508481
Keep greentexting like a retard i'm sure that will make XBX better.

How about you name what's actually good about the game so we can have a proper discussion?

Loved how there's only one armor design for each light medium and heavy per company, fucking recolored armor sets lol.
>>
>>334508646
I drop games in a 3 hours if I think it's shit. I'm pretty sure that's the norm. If you truly hated it, you would have dropped it way earlier. Not even shitty reviewers play that long.

If anything you convinced people that despite the shitty things you hated, people should play this game.
>>
>>334508901
what was the last good character in a jrpg?

yeah exactly
>>
>>334509027
game already got it's sales. It's a success. I don't have to do shit my friend. Game is appealing so it sold. There's very little i can do, if you hated it, and most bought it and enjoyed it.
>>
I really struggled to mentally wrangle the quest and equipment systems in this game. It was so unintuitive and hard to compare items. I don't think I ever found a stronger weapon during the time I played it.
>>
>>334501148
I really was unable to care about any of the characters. I actually found them all irritating except for maybe Irina & Yelv.

In one quest I joked that I should replace Elma as team leader & Lin literally told me, & I quote, to "Shut up". I have never felt so disrespected & pissed off by a character in a video game before. From that point, I wanted to fucking rip Lin's head off. And Elma stood there in all of her quiet superiority. Where the fuck is their sense of humour!? I don't think I liked the fact that everyone sucked up to Elma & adored her like crazy because it felt like my efforts were being ignored & it really pissed me off.
>>
File: fedoratippan.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
fedoratippan.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>Hiroyuki Sawano can only compose the same song over and over again

>Shoji Meguro? That guy is epic fucking win.
>>
File: mgq.png (16 KB, 78x75) Image search: [Google]
mgq.png
16 KB, 78x75
>>334509213
not the last but you best not be talking shit about my waifu
>>
>>334509427
>getting mad at a 13 year old
if you want to do that just go into any moba thread
>>
Xenoblade X is what you get when you listen to Western babies
>muh murrican characters
>muh custom protagonist
>muh open world
>>
>>334501148
World is nice, I'll give you that landscape wise.

Best Combat? Yeaaaah, no. It's rather boring.

Soundtrack is pretty damn solid.

Cute? Sure! Personality? No.

>makes a joke at eating the potato like creature
>nuuuuu!
>laugh track needed

Don't know about the last, as I own the game, but dropped it due to how bad it is compared to the first Xeno.
>>
>>334509370
Actually it sold even less that Xenoblade Wii.

It wasn't a succes at all, probably lost Nintendo money if you add in the localization.

Everybody forgot about this garbage already, only people forcing discussion about it are retards like you who can't deal with the fact that the game failed in sales and in being good.
>>
>>334509892
Still, I don't want to be just some side cunt in an RPG while two mandatory party members get all the praise & adulation. I'm the one laying down fucking probes, gearing up my party members, completing quests, helping NLA citizens... yet I'm treated like I'm just some side cunt. Call me selfish, but I want to be the main fucking star of the show. Fuck Elmo.
>>
>>334510118
I know how you feel, everybdoy is heaping on the praise for just Lin and Elma and you feel like you're stuck on a distant planet

>>334510021
Of course it sold less than the wii one given the difference in userbases
>>
>>334510118
finish the story first, you'll get tons of people talking about how you're the hot shit for saving the world and all that.
>>
>>334509213
The cast of Xenoblade has plenty.
Pick one.
>>
>>334510347
But then the game also has parts where it constantly praises Elma unabashedly. It's like there's a constant tug of war between who they want the main character to be & it really tests my autism
>>
Lin Lee wants to cook and eat Tatsu and Tatsu doesn't want that
>>
>>334510021
How much money do you think they spent on the budget? Keep in mind this isn' t AAA game.
>>
>Talk to NPC, read boring and poorly written monologue, kill 5 monsters, talk to NPC again, get some money and recolored cosmetic # 57.
>Talk to NPC, look on the internet where to get X item, come back, get some money and recolored cosmetic # 322.
>Talk to NPC, talk to another NPC, talk to another NPC, talk to another NPC, get some money and recolored cosmetic #17.

Literally the game.
>>
>>334510738
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/localizing-games-often-loses-nintendo-money-says-noa-employee-even-xenoblade-chronicles/
>>
>>334511318
Don't dodge the question and just answer it.
>>
>>334511318
Didn't it sell more here than in Japan?
>>
>>334511735
I'm not dodging it retard i'm giving you a source proving you Xenoblade lost money.

The game was like 4 years in development and costed a lot more than Xenoblade Wii.

It lost money, 700.000 WW sales? those are terrible numbers for an HD home console game with so much content.
>>
>>334501148
>greatest RPG ever made
>Inconclusive barebones story
Something doesn't add up here.

I enjoyed it, but it's definitely not something I'd parade around as "the greatest RPG ever made."
>>
>>334512000
That's talking about the original retard.
Also It sold relatively well considering the immensely low install base. Now answer the question.
>>
>>334512361
Yes it sold more, still didn't make up for the localization.

I'm sorry your shitty potato face game sold poorly, it costed more than XB Wii and sold even less.

Xenoblade Wii sold just under 500.000 copies in NA and it didn't recover the localization costs.

Xenoblade Wii U, which costed much more to localizate couldn't even hit 350.000.

It was a failure.
>>
>>334512683
>still didn't make up for the localization.
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1425749596123.png (153 KB, 854x512) Image search: [Google]
1425749596123.png
153 KB, 854x512
>>334501724
That horrible music in X....
>>
>>334512992
>mfw this is an actual song Sawano made

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CIBxYUclz0I

literally vomit
>>
Sawano is literally the Michael Bay of video game composers
>>
File: squad and Lin tits.jpg (468 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
squad and Lin tits.jpg
468 KB, 1280x720
I absolutely loved the game. 220 hrs+

unfortunately, I've ran out of shit to do and I've kinda moved on. It was a hell of a fucking ride though.
>>
>>334512683
How does a lower number of sales plus localization costs = money lost. I swear retards like you shouldn't even think about going into bussiness. Now stop dodging the question and tell me how much $ you think was in their budget.
>>
>>334512927
Xenoblade Wii didn't recover the cost of localization and it outsold Xenoblade Wii U by 150.000 copies.

Are you really implying Xenoblade Wii U localization was cheaper than Xenoblade Wii? Are you retarded or didn't even play Xenoblade Wii?

Xenoblade Wii U has MUCH more voice acting and text.

Just stop, it's getting pathetic.
>>
File: 12-04-2016_16.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
12-04-2016_16.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1088
>>334513256

Same here.

But eventually I'll get back to it and just explore different builds for the heck of it.
>>
>>334513513
Must suck having a console with no games uhh.
>>
>>334513180
Yeah but he also composed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v25MaXwopNI
>>
>>334513435
Where in the article does it say that it didn't recover the costs? All it says is that someone looking at a game like that before deciding to translate, would think that they would lose money.
>>
>>334501148
I wouldn't say it's the best RPG ever made, but it's my favorite open world game to date.
>>
File: humble HB.jpg (107 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
humble HB.jpg
107 KB, 800x450
1. Wir Fliegen
2. Sylvalum Night
3. In the Forest
4. Ocean Night
5. Cauldros Night
6. Oblivia Night
7. Oblivia Day
POWER GAP
9001. Melancholia
Dog Shit. Don't Worry
>>
>>334501148
I hated it. The world got boring incredibly fast. The combat is boring MMO-tier shit. The soundtrack has some great songs but is bogged down by some of the shittiest hub world music I've ever heard, along with a bunch of other mediocre songs. The characters are mostly generic and annoying. The Skells don't add much at all.

Maybe I thought I was buying a different kind of game but I don't think I've ever been more disappointed with a purchase.
>>
>>334501148
>flying around with a Skell is awesome
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>334514061
>You look at something like even Xenoblade Chronicles. People love that game, you know, within a certain group. That game is not the type of game that just pulls in enough to justify the costs on that. So that’s like, we got it in the States by luck, that NoE decided “Oh, we’ll take the fall. We’ll localize that.” Okay, cause someone is going to have to eat the costs somewhere, because that game is guaranteed to not sell enough to justify how big that game is. You know, hundreds of hours, all voiced. That’s a lot of money that goes into that.

>And people are like “Why do you guys hate money?” We don’t. That’s why you literally can’t make everything. And people don’t like finding out that their fanbase is actually too small to justify the costs of the thing they want.”
>>
File: 1459366092412.jpg (343 KB, 1095x1195) Image search: [Google]
1459366092412.jpg
343 KB, 1095x1195
>Xenoblade
>Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoners: Soul Hackers
>Final Fantasy IV
>Dragon Quest V
>Xenogears
>Suikoden II
>Romancing SaGa
>Fire Emblem IV
>Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII
>Dark Spire
>Lost Dimension
>Wild Arms

I could go on. It lacks effort and the combat system went to shit with the mechs. I'm not going to say I didn't have fun with it, but calling it the best RPG ever makes it pretty clear you haven't played very many.
>>
>>334514803
>>Dragon Quest V
My nigga
>>
>>334514608
Again. It says when looking at a game like Xenoblade Chronicles from a bussiness perspective, it is likely that it won't recover the costs and keep in mind this is from perspective before deciding to anything and knowing the outcome. Now please point out in the article. The exact phrase the explicitly says that Xenoblade Chronicles did not make any profits.
>>
>>334501148
Skells ruined the adventure and you cannot prove me wrong.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.